Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Clubs receiving food and beverage upgrades starting July 23, 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Admirals Clubs receiving food and beverage upgrades starting July 23, 2023

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2024, 5:34 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Man the upgrades are nice in comparison to the rest of the network. Was in DFW last week and forgot how spartan the offerings are in comparison.
chrisny2 and cjglick like this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 11:45 am

Programs: AA-EXP
Pretty sure this is new (I dont remember seeing it last week, but i was there before lunch time) - CLT C/D club now has "fresh" made sandwiches instead of pre-packaged food/wraps. There is a vegetarian option as well as Turkey and Swiss. There may be other options but that is all I saw during my brief visit.
LovePrunes likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 5:21 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
ORD HK Lunch, March 27.

dw and Hoi polloi like this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 5:27 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by TWA884
ORD HK Lunch, March 27.

Funny Im trying to remember the last time I had corn in Thai food
Old Mar 28, 2024, 5:39 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by dw
Funny… I’m trying to remember the last time I had corn in Thai food…
They could've done mushrooms, mint, basil, carrots, etc. yet they chose corn
dw, sushanna1 and cjglick like this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 6:16 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by FlyFreakquently
At the same time, this sounds perfectly on point for AA.

Reminds me of the vegan (fake meat) udon I had on LAX-MIA a few months ago which was actually cold soba noodles (with no broth).
Old Mar 28, 2024, 6:32 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by dw
Funny Im trying to remember the last time I had corn in Thai food
I mean, it's the Midwest...
dw and UAPremierGuy like this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 6:37 am

I'm still a relative newbie AA flyer, though since I did the status match during the short-lived Delta crisis I'm still flying AA on occasion - kind of nice to be able to keep status in two programs, as AA frequently has killer deals on cheap points flights and the shopping portal makes it easy to retain AA status (I plan to retain Platinum as long as AA keeps handing out points like candy)... So today on a layover at ORD on the way to Canada. I have to say I am glad this AC at least has decor that is slightly less horrific than all the other ACs I've been to thus far. I can tell the interior decorator attempted to mitigate the "1972 dentist waiting room" aesthetic by at least choosing more neutral colors for the seating and mixing it up with other kinds of upholstery, etc.

I'm here for breakfast and it's nothing stupendous but the chia parfait was edible and they had Smartfood which, while it's prepackaged is at least one of my more favored of the processed food I try not to eat that often, and the avocado toast station seemed slightly better than the avocado toast stations I've seen elsewhere.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by FlyFreakquently
cheapest option?
Old Apr 2, 2024, 10:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
DFW Saturday was still an older, general-issue menu. I think.

Faux-Asian chicken and (very sparse) broccoli over quinoa that is pictured on one of these threads, somewhere (can't get more Asian than quinoa can you ). But had been on the warmers almost too long (but I'll give them it was almost 9:00 P.M and it was still fully stocked that late--not that it shouldn't be--on a good-weather night). Also two of the better stand-by soups (in chicken tortilla and red pepper gouda), and enough in the vegetable bins to make a solid salad. (If view all of that as ingredients for a food punch you can make it work).

I just remind myself I pay first for the quiet room. The bit of edible if institutional food before and especially after flights is a bolt on. In that regard it was almost perfect. Very empty club for DFW. I strangely enjoy seeing the airport wind down for the day, and a quiet club is part of that. Would have stayed longer but had a ride to catch.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 11:03 am

Programs: AA- EXP UA - Silver SPG- PLT Marriott- PLT
I spoke with the managers at ORD yesterday, and shared that I didn't think the "upgraded" options were very good. They agreed that they probably need some type of protein option and will look into it. I will say the cheeses were very good, much nicer than the cubed cheese they had prior.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 12:52 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
I wasn't there, but just saw this in my
feed.

Originally Posted by Chef Sarah Grueneberg

Had the best time today- at the airport! I loved treating all the travelers in the @americanair#lounges today with some pasta! We served up penne all’arrabbiata with super toasted chili oil and shrimp…

And copies of my cookbook #listentoyourvegetables

50 lucky traveled got to take a copy with them!

Thank you @beardfoundation and #aa for this wonderful opportunity to be a part of people’s travel adventures. The team rocked today!

Even got to meet Rick Nielsen @cheaptrickrick from @cheaptrick

Totally surreal to see copies of my book headed all over the globe!

Sorry, I can't figure out how to post the photos; for that, you'd have to follow the link above.
AAway likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 1:22 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Whats the budget for the new food?
Old Apr 3, 2024, 3:09 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
JFK now has nicer charcuterie and cheese

dw, enviroian, LovePrunes and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by donotblink
JFK now has nicer charcuterie and cheese
I had pretty much the same enhanced salad/cold cuts spread at DCA E-Gates this past weekend and thought it was perfectly acceptable. The hot options were rather weird stir-fried udon noodles and some loose attempt at sweet and sour chicken.

While I did not think much about my lunch, the AAngels managed to get me off my mechanical-rolling-delay flight onto another flight and managed to also put a note to make sure my bags were also transferred. It was a pretty good reminder as to the real value of having club access.
madmanshoney likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.