Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Clubs receiving food and beverage upgrades starting July 23, 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Admirals Clubs receiving food and beverage upgrades starting July 23, 2023

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2024, 10:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by jayer
DFW Saturday was still an older, general-issue menu. I think.

Faux-Asian chicken and (very sparse) broccoli over quinoa that is pictured on one of these threads, somewhere (can't get more Asian than quinoa can you ).
At some point, Asia and South America were linked courtesy of Pangea. So, there is a rationale. I guess.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 12:00 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
They were passing out deviled eggs at DFW D yesterday afternoon.

The buffet had a sesame teriyaki chicken with quinoa, and a very good, fresh Greek salad with diced tomatoes and feta cheese on the side. Didn't notice any onion, though.

​​​​​
Old Apr 24, 2024, 4:57 pm

Programs: Some/Most/All
ATL now has the new setup.

The most appealing change would appear to be that Sweetwater 420 is now on tap. (Im assuming its free. Its not my favorite, but free is free.)

If youre familiar with the former layout, the desserts have replaced the water dispensers (moved next to the soda machine area,) and the snack towers of sadness have been moved into the main food area. Pretty much the same as Ive seen at DEN as far as general food selection.

The most disappointing piece is that late in the day, they dont seem keen to replenish the offerings. Unacceptably, IMHO. If youre open and the possibility exists that even one person may want to sample the wares, they should have plentiful and decently fresh options available.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 4:58 pm

Programs: Some/Most/All
ATL now has the new setup.

The most appealing change would appear to be that Sweetwater 420 is now on tap. (Im assuming its free. Its not my favorite, but free is free.)

If youre familiar with the former layout, the desserts have replaced the water dispensers (moved next to the soda machine area,) and the snack towers of sadness have been moved into the main food area. Pretty much the same as Ive seen at DEN as far as general food selection.

The most disappointing piece is that late in the day, they dont seem keen to replenish the offerings. Unacceptably, IMHO. If youre open and the possibility exists that even one person may want to sample the wares, they should have plentiful and decently fresh options available.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 12:07 pm

PHX is always pretty bad but yesterday morning it was flat out awful. No coffee at all, as the machine was broken and no one was filling the pump pre-made stuff. When they finally did bring out some coffee it was just light brown water. A line of 10 people waiting and it was so gross no one got any coffee.

The fruit was picked through and a mess and nothing else to eat than yogurt and bagels. Avocado toast was only saving grace.

Low A was so crowed I could not get a seat and when I walked past the high A broom closet club, there were about 40 people waiting to get in.

To her credit one of the Angels was walking through the club asking people to free up seats their luggage was on etc and she was even picking up peoples dishes and trash. I am sure this outside her job description but she much actually care.. unlike her employer.

Its sad when the packed PHX terminal is more relaxing than the club.
ACCDraw likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by steamboatdevil
PHX is always pretty bad but yesterday morning it was flat out awful. No coffee at all, as the machine was broken and no one was filling the pump pre-made stuff. When they finally did bring out some coffee it was just light brown water. A line of 10 people waiting and it was so gross no one got any coffee.

The fruit was picked through and a mess and nothing else to eat than yogurt and bagels. Avocado toast was only saving grace.

Low A was so crowed I could not get a seat and when I walked past the high A broom closet club, there were about 40 people waiting to get in.

To her credit one of the Angels was walking through the club asking people to free up seats their luggage was on etc and she was even picking up peoples dishes and trash. I am sure this outside her job description but she much actually care.. unlike her employer.

Its sad when the packed PHX terminal is more relaxing than the club.
PHX is the worse... can't wait for the chase club to open there
ACCDraw likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jimmyz1
Good luck getting in without a wait, it's supposed to be only 3,500 ft, about 1/3 the size of Boston's Sapphire Lounge and 1/6 the size of LGA's. I wonder if they would consider pulling a Delta and have a decent grab and go section just outside and offer people the option of grab-and-go but forfeiting the right to enter that day...

I do wonder if they will fully bar non-Chase Priority Pass entries there. They could deprioritize entry for those people to make it easier for Chase cardholders to get in (BOS does this), but the reason they do the 1 free annual entry is marketing and I cannot imagine it would be beneficial for that to constantly tell non-Chase customers that it will be a 2 hour wait.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 8:00 am

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
Originally Posted by jimmyz1
Given the volume of AA traffic in PHX and the competition (Centurion, Escape, and soon Chase) in terminal 4, you would think that AA would have s plan for upgrading/expanding their AAdmirals Club facilities in PHX. They seem to have done this in other airports (LGA, DCA) and "working on it" in PHL.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 8:52 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by remedy
Given the volume of AA traffic in PHX and the competition (Centurion, Escape, and soon Chase) in terminal 4, you would think that AA would have s plan for upgrading/expanding their AAdmirals Club facilities in PHX. They seem to have done this in other airports (LGA, DCA) and "working on it" in PHL.
The PHX situation is sub-optimal given the volume and the fact that not everyone going through PHX is on a 45 minute connection. It would be great if they could figure out a way to open another lounge or expand, but Im not holding my breath.

The impetus for the LGA / DCA clubs was needing to build a lounge in a new terminal.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 8:25 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by remedy
I mean, there's a "plan" for expanding/replacing High-A, but like everything in airport construction, it takes years and didn't get out of the discussion phase anywhere near as early as it needed to.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by BWISkyGuy
I mean, there's a "plan" for expanding/replacing High-A, but like everything in airport construction, it takes years and didn't get out of the discussion phase anywhere near as early as it needed to.
PHX mayor says terminal 5 is coming. So maybe a new club by 2047 :-)
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2024, 10:48 am

Programs: WN A-List, AA EXP, Hyatt Top Tier (definitely NOT a Globalist), National Exec Elite
At YYZ now. Can confirm that the “complimentary local craft beer” is Moosehead 😒

Such a missed opportunity, if you wanted to put on a Pilsner style, there is Steam Whistle brewed right here downtown, and legitimately world class in that style

But Steam Whistle would have cost AA an extra $50 per keg so…
Old Apr 30, 2024, 9:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
DFW C last weekend had pulled pork paired with tortillas, and an Asian broth soup base with limited throw-in ingredients. I hope this isn't permanent. It just didn't fit together. Once you could throw things together over the salad greens and it was OK. But going out and coming back the same weekend sucked, Oh, and the good brewed well ice tea was gone.
Old May 1, 2024, 2:41 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
DFW C today and still the pulled pork. I will say that with everything in the news about the anti-Israel and pro-Palestine protests it is nice to see that AA is taking a neutral position by serving a meal that neither group can eat.
dw, apeortdz, BWISkyGuy and 5 others like this.
Old May 2, 2024, 12:18 am

traveling friend of mine told me that RDU club now has the newly upgraded food selections, buffet setup, and presentation. no photos yet.
Majuki likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.