Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

NEWBIE LOUNGE 2022-2023: Ask AA newbie questions here - flame-free thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEWBIE LOUNGE 2022-2023: Ask AA newbie questions here - flame-free thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2022, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
You can certainly try but I wouldn't expect to be let in, especially given that the kids are on the older side. That lounge may have a pay per use option, so depending on how long of a connection you have that might be an option. I would do some research on the QR forum.
Will do. Thanks for the info!
Old Feb 17, 2022, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
how long does it take for AS points take to get posted on AA? I have two flights one from last friday (still hasnt posted) and one from yesterday.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Admirals Club member
I'm trying to reach Ex Plat in 2022.
I don't have any AA credit cards (all my charges go to my Hilton card). In 2021, I flew enough to earn Ex Plat for 2022 based on segments and spend. 100% domestic flying out of the CLT hub.
I imagine my spend on AA in 2022 will be around $16K, which I think calculates to 176,000 loyalty points, yes? (11 * 16K)
Do I have any other way of reaching the 200K loyalty points, or do I need to get that dang Barclays card?
I guess I'm trying to reconfirm that miles and segments don't matter at all in 2022.
Thx....
Old Feb 17, 2022, 6:27 pm

Programs: 7y+ AAdvantage Exec PLT
If I book an IB Flight directly with IB on AA metal (bought as IB Flight 4608 but actually is AA 37), will I be credited the miles based on the Iberia Mileage Chart or will I be credited the miles based on AA Mileage Chart? I think this flight, despite being on AA metal, it will be considered an IB flight, right? With the new LPs system booking Premium Economy with Iberia will get me way more LPs than if I book via AA (8000LPs if AA flight and 18000LPs if IB flight). Can someone confirm that IB flight even if on AA metal will be considered 100% IB?

Thanks
Old Feb 17, 2022, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by lamuxiiii
If I book an IB Flight directly with IB on AA metal (bought as IB Flight 4608 but actually is AA 37), will I be credited the miles based on the Iberia Mileage Chart or will I be credited the miles based on AA Mileage Chart? I think this flight, despite being on AA metal, it will be considered an IB flight, right? With the new LPs system booking Premium Economy with Iberia will get me way more LPs than if I book via AA (8000LPs if AA flight and 18000LPs if IB flight). Can someone confirm that IB flight even if on AA metal will be considered 100% IB?

Thanks
As long as it has an IB flight number, it will earn as an IB flight.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joeyE
I'm trying to reach Ex Plat in 2022.
I don't have any AA credit cards (all my charges go to my Hilton card). In 2021, I flew enough to earn Ex Plat for 2022 based on segments and spend. 100% domestic flying out of the CLT hub.
I imagine my spend on AA in 2022 will be around $16K, which I think calculates to 176,000 loyalty points, yes? (11 * 16K)
Do I have any other way of reaching the 200K loyalty points, or do I need to get that dang Barclays card?
I guess I'm trying to reconfirm that miles and segments don't matter at all in 2022.
Thx....
There are literally scores of non-flying ways to top up your LP balance. And yes, miles and segments are irrelevant; except that you need at least 30 segments to qualify for the Elite Choice rewards.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 6:44 pm

Programs: 7y+ AAdvantage Exec PLT
Originally Posted by vasantn
As long as it has an IB flight number, it will earn as an IB flight.
Thanks! That's what I thought but just needed to be sure
Old Feb 17, 2022, 8:01 pm

Need to add lap infant to MNL-NRT-SEA-ATL-MIA booking - JL-JL-AS-AA. I can't figure out how to price this out to figure out what 10% lap infant price should be. Any suggestions? FWIW, the SEA-ATL leg leaves 11:30 PM and the ATL-MIA leg is the following morning. Also, do I call AA to add the lap infant or JL? Thanks!
Old Feb 18, 2022, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by bcpoinciana
Need to add lap infant to MNL-NRT-SEA-ATL-MIA booking - JL-JL-AS-AA. I can't figure out how to price this out to figure out what 10% lap infant price should be. Any suggestions? FWIW, the SEA-ATL leg leaves 11:30 PM and the ATL-MIA leg is the following morning. Also, do I call AA to add the lap infant or JL? Thanks!
You just need to call, see below consolidated thread for lots of data points and discussion on how the 10% is calculated. If you booked this through AA then I would start by calling AA.

Guide: Infant / lap child fares & fees for AA travel, including award & upgrades
bcpoinciana likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Admirals Club member
Originally Posted by vasantn
There are literally scores of non-flying ways to top up your LP balance. And yes, miles and segments are irrelevant; except that you need at least 30 segments to qualify for the Elite Choice rewards.
Yes, but can the LP balance be topped off without having a Barclays card. That's what I'm confused about. If so, how?
Old Feb 18, 2022, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Yes, but can the LP balance be topped off without having a Barclays card. That's what I'm confused about. If so, how?
You need a Mastercard ® (not necessarily a Barclays Mastercard ®) for the Simply Miles program. For the AAdvantage e-shopping portal, you can use any credit card that the particular participating merchant accepts. (It's possible that some do not accept Amex.) You will earn Hilton points for the amounts charged to your Hilton Amex card, and AAdvantage miles for making the purchase through the shopping portal.

AAdvantage Dining works the same way.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

By shopping. There are half-a-dozen threads on this subject.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...l#post34003847
127 bonsai trees for EXP
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...rs-issues.html
Earning loyalty points on hotels
SimplyMiles and earning AAdvantage miles - Scam? Good? Bad?

Start at the end and scroll back up as far as you need to.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Amil
how long does it take for AS points take to get posted on AA? I have two flights one from last friday (still hasnt posted) and one from yesterday.
I returned from Puerto Vallarta a week ago. The miles were posted on my AA account today.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 4:16 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Qatar Privilege Club
Question How to credit AA flight to Qatar Airlines Privilege Club

Can I designate my Qatar Airlines Privilege Club membership as my loyalty program for AA flights?

When I edit passenger information on a flight their are fields for Loyalty Program and Loyalty Number, which are prefilled with my AAdvantage information and which are not editable.

On other airlines I've flown recently, I've been able to select the loyalty program I want my points applied to and I assume this should be possible with AA as well, but I can't figure out how to do it.

Sorry if this is a basic question, but if someone could explain how this is done or confirm that it is not possible with AA, I'd appreciate it.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MNBlockHead
When I edit passenger information on a flight their are fields for Loyalty Program and Loyalty Number, which are prefilled with my AAdvantage information and which are not editable.
Really? They are editable for me. Were you logged into your AA account?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.