Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

NEWBIE LOUNGE 2022-2023: Ask AA newbie questions here - flame-free thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEWBIE LOUNGE 2022-2023: Ask AA newbie questions here - flame-free thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2022, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Right, but accessing an Admiral's Club as a member and accessing any lounge via oneworld rules are two entirely different things.

If you're an AC member trying to access an AC then it doesn't matter whether you're arriving or departing, just need a same day boarding pass as mentioned in the rules.

But to access an AC or FL via oneworld rules (via the QR business class flight) you definitely need an onward oneworld flight for access.

Now if the poster above is an AC member, then they would have no problem accessing the AC in T8 after their QR flight (just not the FL).
You're right! Access rules for AC members differ from those for non-members flying in premium cabins.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 8:31 am

Programs: AA EXP
Just started flying heavily with AA, over 50k EQM over the last ~7 months, currently Platinum, but I haven't had any 500-mile upgrades deposited in my account? I thought I'd get 4 every 12,500 miles? Do I need to call CS to request these?
Old Feb 11, 2022, 9:33 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Gold
When travelling on a Basic Economy ticket with gold status I understand that I will still have boarding with group 4 and one free checked bag. If I have another person on the same reservation who does not have status, do they also get to check a free bag and board with me?
Old Feb 11, 2022, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by Raralith
Just started flying heavily with AA, over 50k EQM over the last ~7 months, currently Platinum, but I haven't had any 500-mile upgrades deposited in my account? I thought I'd get 4 every 12,500 miles? Do I need to call CS to request these?
When did you make GLD? That's when you start accruing 500-mile upgrades.

Originally Posted by edog22
When travelling on a Basic Economy ticket with gold status I understand that I will still have boarding with group 4 and one free checked bag. If I have another person on the same reservation who does not have status, do they also get to check a free bag and board with me?
Yes.
edog22 and psusaver like this.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by vasantn
When did you make GLD? That's when you start accruing 500-mile upgrades.
First few flights got me gold in November 2021 with 28k EQM (I'm above EQD), and have flown another 25k miles since which is the over 50k total I posted earlier. No 500-mile upgrades deposited in my account. Going on another flight next week which'll push me over 60k EQM too.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 10:43 am

Just hit the required spend to earn platinum pro for 2022 and I think it includes 2023. Will this 100% update on March 1st? Can I book something now (fly out March 4th) with no status and then upgrade to better seats for free before the flight? What about baggage and priority check ins? Any upgrade-type benefits available for platinum pro for international flights?
Old Feb 11, 2022, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bcpoinciana
Just hit the required spend to earn platinum pro for 2022 and I think it includes 2023.
It won't include 2023.

Will this 100% update on March 1st?
It should update immediately.

Can I book something now (fly out March 4th) with no status and then upgrade to better seats for free before the flight?
Yes.

What about baggage and priority check ins?
Same as above.

Any upgrade-type benefits available for platinum pro for international flights?
No.
bcpoinciana likes this.

Last edited by vasantn; Feb 11, 2022 at 2:49 pm
Old Feb 11, 2022, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Raralith
First few flights got me gold in November 2021 with 28k EQM (I'm above EQD), and have flown another 25k miles since which is the over 50k total I posted earlier. No 500-mile upgrades deposited in my account. Going on another flight next week which'll push me over 60k EQM too.
I would call or email AAdvantage Customer Service.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 12:29 pm

Hello -
I know it is not possible to hold an AA reservation which involves other airline flight numbers (e.g., QR),

I am trying to use significant flight credits and trip credits towards an AA trip that involves QR.
Original cAAnceled tickets were all on AA (one International, a couple domestic USA).

First - Are we allowed to use a flight credit (and / or a trip credit) for AA ticketed PNR's involving AA plus other airlines?
Is the only way to do this is calling AA and asking them to build the ticket and use the credits?
Old Feb 11, 2022, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by vasantn
I would call or email AAdvantage Customer Service.
I called, they had no clue why, asked a supervisor that said I should have 8 or more 500-mile upgrades, and that they're putting in a ticket to get it fixed with a resolution in the next week or so. Flying again in a week so I guess I'll have to do this again when I get back too.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally booked MIA-LAX-MIA in main cabin but got SWU UG cleared at booking. Both flights were Flagship Business on 77W.
Now came the schedule change (10 minute change for outbound only). But MIA-LAX flight is now on A321neo. No mention of Flagship.

Do I still have lounge (AC) access in MIA?

Why is AA not flying 77W from MIA-LAX in June? 7 non-stops daily, 6 are A321neo and the remaining 1 is on 772. So no more Flagship Business at all for this route?
Old Feb 12, 2022, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by allset2travel
Originally booked MIA-LAX-MIA in main cabin but got SWU UG cleared at booking. Both flights were Flagship Business on 77W.
Now came the schedule change (10 minute change for outbound only). But MIA-LAX flight is now on A321neo. No mention of Flagship.

Do I still have lounge (AC) access in MIA?

Why is AA not flying 77W from MIA-LAX in June? 7 non-stops daily, 6 are A321neo and the remaining 1 is on 772. So no more Flagship Business at all for this route?
For MIA-LAX you have always needed to be on a 777 to get lounge access unfortunately (flights ticketed as 'Flagship', per aa.com).

And for the Summer of 2022 AA is stretched pretty thin on 777's (and 787's), lots of additional Europe flying mainly. So domestic routes like MIA-LAX and MIA-JFK/PHL/BOS etc. that may have seen lots of widebody flying in '20 and '21 are getting scaled back to more normal service for the summer at least.
allset2travel likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 12:57 pm

As a multi-year EXP, I really should know the answer to these questions, but I don't - hence, Newbie Lounge.

If DFW is one of if not THE most important hub for AA, why on earth is there no Flagship check-in and why is the Flagship lounge and Flagship dining STILL not available??
Old Feb 12, 2022, 3:30 pm

Programs: Some/Most/All
Two words: 'fortress hub'

Simply put, they don't have to care.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
For MIA-LAX you have always needed to be on a 777 to get lounge access unfortunately (flights ticketed as 'Flagship', per aa.com).

And for the Summer of 2022 AA is stretched pretty thin on 777's (and 787's), lots of additional Europe flying mainly. So domestic routes like MIA-LAX and MIA-JFK/PHL/BOS etc. that may have seen lots of widebody flying in '20 and '21 are getting scaled back to more normal service for the summer at least.
Thanks for the insight!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.