Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2016, 4:49 pm
Suspended

nothing's changed
Old Jan 3, 2016, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
Originally Posted by JonNYC
nothing's changed
I thought AA was MPM plus 25%
Old Jan 3, 2016, 5:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPLT
Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

It's all moot, since on an all-AA routing to/from Hawaii, you have up to 18 hours to connect.
Impossible, I was just assured, less than ten minutes ago, that ANY award ticket only allows two hours to connect, and Hawai'i is no different. Luckily I was able to hoodwink the AAgent I got when I called back. :-) Changing a 1 hr connection in DFW to 12; take a break before my overwater flight. On hold now while she works it out with the help desk.

Thanks for the post though; reading it inspired me to re-check availability and improve my trip.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by T. Sanderson

It's all moot, since on an all-AA routing to/from Hawaii, you have up to 18 hours to connect.
Impossible, I was just assured, less than ten minutes ago, that ANY award ticket only allows two hours to connect, and Hawai'i is no different. Luckily I was able to hoodwink the AAgent I got when I called back. :-) Changing a 1 hr connection in DFW to 12; take a break before my overwater flight. On hold now while she works it out with the help desk.

Thanks for the post though; reading it inspired me to re-check availability and improve my trip.
Here's a link to the 18-hour connection rule, courtesy of JonNYC:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/540/18...728efa85_c.jpg
Old Jan 3, 2016, 6:07 pm

The sarcasm didn't come through in my first post; I've read that but just forgot about it until I saw your post. AAgent 2 told me that it would price as one award with a 12-hour layover before my flight to HNL, but there is no way to change my first leg without paying a reinstatement fee, which I also am pretty darn sure is inaccurate. Also said that the mileage prices have gone up (my travel is pre-March). I'm two calls deep now; betting it will take me a total of five until I get it worked out. Over/under estimates?
Old Jan 3, 2016, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold

Originally Posted by T. Sanderson

The sarcasm didn't come through in my first post; I've read that but just forgot about it until I saw your post. AAgent 2 told me that it would price as one award with a 12-hour layover before my flight to HNL, but there is no way to change my first leg without paying a reinstatement fee, which I also am pretty darn sure is inaccurate. Also said that the mileage prices have gone up (my travel is pre-March). I'm two calls deep now; betting it will take me a total of five until I get it worked out. Over/under estimates?
Sorry to hear about all the difficulties you are having. For future reference, whenever I want to book an award itinerary that does not price correctly at aa.com, I place the desired segments on hold using the multi-city award-booking engine, and then call AA to have an agent re-price the itinerary as a single award.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 6:35 pm

Sorry to hear about all the difficulties you are having. For future reference, whenever I want to book an award itinerary that does not price correctly at aa.com, I place the desired segments on hold using the multi-city award-booking engine, and then call AA to have an agent re-price the itinerary as a single award.
Thanks for the suggestion; I probably ought to put the segments I want to switch to on hold. End of the day- I'm getting a free ticket from miles that I accumulated by signing up for credit cards and flying on tickets that my employer paid for. A few phone calls is a small price to pay; just glad that this thread and others have armed me with the rules so I know what I ought to be able to work out.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 9:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by aero0729
Today my consistent experience even after HUCA is AA will now longer allow you to go above MPM. Tried to fly MIA-DOH-AMM-TLV. Not allowed since Qatar being over water carrier doesn't publish to TLV. Then tried MIA-LHR-DOH-AMM-TLV and they said I prices out at 97,500 miles in business since it goes over the MPM. He confirmed they are being strict and there is no +25. Supervisor called rate desk to get it to 67500. Rate desk said it must be booked as THrEe awards. Mia-LHR 50K. LHR-DOH 30 K. Then DOH-AMM-TLV all must be on RJ for 30 k. Total 110K plus $491 in taxes. What a joke. Anyone else with these awful experiences ?
I'm not understanding why mia-lhr-doh would not be one award? What was the reason? You could also try Mia-ord-amm-tlv on RJ . Weve done the ord-amm-tlv many times. Both RJ and QR fly Doh-amm so you should be able to book either one. I'm not sure this is an MPM issue but more of a no published fare issue
Old Jan 3, 2016, 10:20 pm

Wow thanks! I didn't know about this
Old Jan 4, 2016, 1:07 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, AA, Qantas, SPG, Marriott
Can anyone find any JAL availability on any route for F.. or even J to an extent? All blank for me for next 6 months?
Old Jan 4, 2016, 6:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Ricebucket
Wow thanks! I didn't know about this
Was first posted by member sukn here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23375665-post13.html

and then was fleshed out based on that here:
http://travelingbetter.vbulletin.net...n-some-markets

as linked to above, can also be found here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/541310...in/dateposted/

Originally Posted by worldiswide
...I'm not sure this is an MPM issue but more of a no published fare issue
Me too.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 8:48 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by worldiswide
I'm not sure this is an MPM issue but more of a no published fare issue
MIA-DTW-AMM-TLV may also be a good option. And MIA-JFK-AMM-TLV, to state the potentially obvious.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 9:10 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by dtremit
MIA-DTW-AMM-TLV may also be a good option. And MIA-JFK-AMM-TLV, to state the potentially obvious.
What about MIA-MAD-TLV? Or maybe MIA-LHR-TXL-TLV, or even MIA-LHR-TLV? The BA surcharges on LHR-TLV should be less than $100 on this route.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 9:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
AB

Just cheked online and via call center, looks like AA is not seeing any AB awards at all - though BA/QF are showing them.... Is this a known issue and is there any workaround?
Old Jan 4, 2016, 9:41 am

Most Direct route?

Hi Guys, I am a bit curious about the direct route rule. I am looking at booking AKL-CMB in business, however neither Cathay or Malaysian have availability for the dates that I am looking at. However By breaking the flights down, LAN has availability AKL-to SYD, Qantas or Cathay have SYD-HKG and HKG-CMB is available on Cathay, therefore would AKL-SYD-HKG-CMB break the most direct rule as it is not really the most direct way or would this be allowed as nothing else is available? It is also just shy of the mpm +25%

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.