Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2016, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Call AA and put the CX flights on hold, and -- if you see availability on aa.com for SEA-PSC on AS -- ask if it can be added to the same award.

If CX does not have a published SIN-PSC through-fare that permits you particular routing, then a second award will be required.

AAdvantage awards between Asia and North America do not permit routing via the Atlantic.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)
If CX does not have a published SIN-PSC through-fare that permits you particular routing, then a second award will be required.
How do I check if CX have a publkished SIN-PSC through-fare for that routing?
Old Jan 11, 2016, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold

Originally Posted by AndroAsc
Originally Posted by guv1976
How do I check if CX have a publkished SIN-PSC through-fare for that routing?
Use Expert Flyer, or just ask AA if your routing will price aa a single award.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 7:59 pm
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Is the following allowed? For North America to Middle East connecting in both Europe and Doha.

YYZ-AMS-DOH-DXB, with first leg on 9W and then QR.

If not, my alternative will be YYZ-AMS-AUH via 9W/EY then drive/bus to Dubai.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 11:40 pm
alc

Very new in redeeming AA miles, but with the deval coming, thinking of cashing my account now for a CX J. But I have some questions:

- I read that started from Feb 3rd 2015, AA had waived the telephone book fee for flight that you can't book on the AA web site. So my CX tickets will no longer required to pay the booking fee, is that correct?

- Am I correct that there is no stopover with AA? Hence if I do YYZ-HKG-SIN {stop} SIN-HKG {stop} HKG-YYZ in CX J as a single booking, it will be 132.5K (55K + 22.5K + 55K) correct? and since there is no booking fee, it might be better for me to book each separately so I can grab the seats as they become available to AA booking?

- I have no status with AA and from reading the rules, it does seems as long as I am > 21 days, I can make changes to the dates for the same routing for free? Are there any hidden fine-print to this?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 1:05 am

Present award booking for 50k on biz class
ZRH-JFK on AA
JFK- YVR on CX

Want to change from
ZRH - LAX on IB (arrive at LAX at 4:15 P.M)
LAX - PDX- YVR on Alaska Airlines (leaves following day at 9 A.M)

first CSR said it could not be done for the same 50k miles as I have over 4 hours layover in LAX

2nd CSR I talked to said it could be the same 50k miles but I need to be on an AA aircraft from LAX to YVR

Is any of it true?

Am I able to have up to 24 hours connection at LAX to YVR for the same 50k award Miles based on my change request?
Old Jan 12, 2016, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
Originally Posted by pa3lsvt

I have found some 50k U bucket availability to PHL-MAD (via DFW or MIA) on AA metal, and some same-day connections in MAD on IB to FCO - all U buckets per Expert Flyer.

My question:
Can I call AA and get them to book PHL-DFW/MIA-MAD-FCO for 50k if I feed them the flights where I see U availability (both AA and IB)?
Following up, I put 2x 50k sAAver J awards on hold for PHL-DFW-MAD and called AA to add MAD-FCO on IB.

Regardless of the significant over-mileage for PHL-FCO with that routing, the AAgent simply added the IB flight with little fuss and told me it would be "the same 100k award" and took my payment info.

I'll breathe easier when I go from "On Request" to "Ticketed" but it seems to have worked out in my favor and for 40k miles less than it should have.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by metoo
Present award booking for 50k on biz class
ZRH-JFK on AA
JFK- YVR on CX

Want to change from
ZRH - LAX on IB (arrive at LAX at 4:15 P.M)
LAX - PDX- YVR on Alaska Airlines (leaves following day at 9 A.M)

first CSR said it could not be done for the same 50k miles as I have over 4 hours layover in LAX

2nd CSR I talked to said it could be the same 50k miles but I need to be on an AA aircraft from LAX to YVR

Is any of it true?

Am I able to have up to 24 hours connection at LAX to YVR for the same 50k award Miles based on my change request?
You have a few issues here -
1) ZRH-LAX on IB - IB does not fly this route AFAIK. So this would be either going thru MAD or it is an IB codeshare?

2) The over the water carrier's fare rules determine what routes / carriers are allowed. If the routing / carrier are not allowed, the award breaks up, hence the additional miles.

3) AS is not a OneWorld Member so even if the change is successfully, it will cost you $150 change fee because you are changing the carriers from OneWorld members to include a NON OneWorld Member. Keep it on AA would avoid that.

The first agent has no clue.

The second agent is probably correct based on 2). And he failed to mention 3) probably 3) is not even possible due to IB's fare rules. Is it really an IB flight from ZRH-LAX? You would get better input to post the FULL itinerary ZRH-LAX.

The layover < 24 hours is fine.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 7:34 pm

Keep F award ticket, sit in J?

Currently have 3 J & 1 F seat booked to Hanoi, routing through HKG. Looking at changing to a flight that connects through NRT instead, which doesn't offer F. Can I keep the F award and just voluntarily sit in J? I don't want to pay the $150 fee for downgrading (don't mind paying the extra miles), plus would switch back to a CX F seat if one opened up last minute.

Last edited by nic3456; Jan 12, 2016 at 7:39 pm
Old Jan 12, 2016, 8:06 pm

Hyd doh bru phl

HI Everyone,

Just wanted to share this (not sure if this is the right forum chapter).

From reading this and several other topics in flyertalk, I managed to book two economy tickets to India in March.

Used 80k delta skymiles for 2 economy one way flights from PHL to BLR via Paris (Air France).

Used another 80k American Airline points to book HYD to DOH to BRU to PHL. This I learned had to be done over the phone. The first person I spoke to on the phone didn't not really know what she was doing (I had a gut feeling she wasn't really trying). I hung up and tried calling again and this time the person was very smart and got these tickets.

Cheers,

Mango
Old Jan 12, 2016, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by nic3456
Currently have 3 J & 1 F seat booked to Hanoi, routing through HKG. Looking at changing to a flight that connects through NRT instead, which doesn't offer F. Can I keep the F award and just voluntarily sit in J? I don't want to pay the $150 fee for downgrading (don't mind paying the extra miles), plus would switch back to a CX F seat if one opened up last minute.
Yep. Just got to find the right agent. I just swapped a DFW-NRT(AA F)-HKG(CX J)-HAN(KA Y) for DFW-ORD-HKG(CX J)-HAN(KA Y) but kept it at F prices in the hopes that I can get an F seat out to HKG
Old Jan 13, 2016, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by britishcanuck
Yep. Just got to find the right agent. I just swapped a DFW-NRT(AA F)-HKG(CX J)-HAN(KA Y) for DFW-ORD-HKG(CX J)-HAN(KA Y) but kept it at F prices in the hopes that I can get an F seat out to HKG

Cool, I'll give it a try, Thanks
Old Jan 13, 2016, 7:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Cool, I'll give it a try, Thanks
I specified I wanted to voluntary downgrade, and he knew what I meant. It took a little while to get it all sorted, but it worked out just fine.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 8:40 am

Award options from Danang (DAD)

Does anyone know any Oneworld options to fly out of Danang (DAD) other than CX/Dragonair? I have a ticket booked with AA miles and can't find anything between March 23-27 leaving DAD and its holding up the rest of my trip. I'm willing to fly from another airport, but don't want to pay the origin change fee since I have 4 tickets.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 10:34 am

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Does anyone know any Oneworld options to fly out of Danang (DAD) other than CX/Dragonair? I have a ticket booked with AA miles and can't find anything between March 23-27 leaving DAD and its holding up the rest of my trip. I'm willing to fly from another airport, but don't want to pay the origin change fee since I have 4 tickets.
No one else in OW flies to DAD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.