Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2016, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by sponge_gto
Originally Posted by akcae
CX indeed does publish a SYR-PVG fare via ORD:

SYR-AA-CHI-HKG-KA/CX-SHA
Originally Posted by freakazoid
Yes, they're include. The Premium edition of expertflyer can list all published fares http://www.expertflyer.com/frequent-flyer-programs, there is a free 5 days trial for it.
Thank you guys very much! Would starting from ITH be pushing my luck though? I guess I'll leave that to the AA agent to decide.
As you may know, AA does not fly ITH-ORD, only ITH-PHL. So even if CX does indeed publish an ITH-SHA fare, you would be looking at (at least) one additional connection:

ITH-PHL-XXX-HKG-SHA

Under those circumstances, you might be better off just taking the bus from ITH to Manhattan (which can cost as little as $15.00 if you can book far enough in advance), and flying JFK/EWR-HKG-SHA entirely on CX.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 2:22 pm

Programs: MR, UR, UA
Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

As you may know, AA does not fly ITH-ORD, only ITH-PHL. So even if CX does indeed publish an ITH-SHA fare, you would be looking at (at least) one additional connection:

ITH-PHL-XXX-HKG-SHA

Under those circumstances, you might be better off just taking the bus from ITH to Manhattan (which can cost as little as $15.00 if you can book far enough in advance), and flying JFK/EWR-HKG-SHA entirely on CX.
Yup I hear ya. ITH-PHL-ORD is possible but saver availability is shaky out of ITH. I used to religiously take the bus downstate twice a month to visit the ex so I know a thing or two about cutting costs there. I might just end up doing that if the more conniving plans fall apart.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Having trouble booking LHR-MAD on AA site

If this being reported before, I apologize for mentioning the following.

I notice some BA flights on AA website are not bookable - after choosing the flight, then continue, the site returns an error to tell me choose flight...

Upon comparing BA site and AA site, I realize AA is showing all BA code-shares on IB operated flights as BA flights available for booking - yet, if you picked the IB operated flight shows BA flight number, the website would return an error.

So I went to IB site to find the IB flight numbers because BA site does not show it!

Also because of this, it is not possible to check how much AA would charge on the IB YQ, presumably would be cheaper than on BA.

How can I find out how much AA charges on IB YQ? Try to avoid calling unless I am actually booking the flight, due to very long hold time even without the weather issues.

Thanks for anyone could chime in.

Last edited by Happy; Jan 25, 2016 at 4:36 pm
Old Jan 25, 2016, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold

Originally Posted by sponge_gto
Originally Posted by guv1976

ITH-PHL-XXX-HKG-SHA

Yup I hear ya. ITH-PHL-ORD is possible but saver availability is shaky out of ITH. I used to religiously take the bus downstate twice a month to visit the ex so I know a thing or two about cutting costs there. I might just end up doing that if the more conniving plans fall apart.
If you're willing to fly in J rather than F -- and if you can find award availability -- then you have more options (subject to published fare routing rules): SYR-BOS-HKG-SHA; ITH-PHL-EWR-HKG; ITH-PHL-BOS-HKG-SHA; Greyhound (not Short Line) advance-purchase fare from ITH to Newark Penn Station, then NJT bus or rail to EWR, etc. etc.

And if you can get someone to share the ride with you, one-way car rentals from ITH to EWR/JFK might be worth investigating. Special rates are available with Avis for Cornell alums and/or employees, although those rates are not always cheaper than other rates. PM me if you need details.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Anyway to get partner award seats before the 331 days?

QR has released the award seats that I want and I can see them through BA and QR but AA agents have told me that they can only book 331 days out. Is there anyway to do a manual sell on these as the flights I want are available and I would rather not wait another 20 days.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 3:14 am

Thanks for your reply!

So if I booked the award flight on 3/20/16 with the following depart and return date:

Depart: 1/15/17
Return: 2/15/17

Regarding the "one year from issue date, " does it mean I have until 3/19/17 to change the flight date?
Or did you mean I have to complete the travel by 3/19/17? so meaning the furthest i can push out my flight depart date is 3/19/17? No further departure date is allowed? like April or May 2017?

thanks

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
The consensus seems to be that the terms of the booking allow you to change dates as long as origin - destination remain same without any additional miles/charges, so the answer to your first question is no

The ticket is valid for one year from issue date, so you cannot push it out beyond that
Old Jan 26, 2016, 3:57 am

Programs: OW Emerald
Originally Posted by onlysuites
QR has released the award seats that I want and I can see them through BA and QR but AA agents have told me that they can only book 331 days out. Is there anyway to do a manual sell on these as the flights I want are available and I would rather not wait another 20 days.
No.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Oh well.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 4:43 am

Hi,

Is SFO->Tokyo (transfer)->SYD a valid route? Because award flight via AA or Qantas is so hard to book even in Econ class....

If it is a valid route, is it still 62,500 miles for F class one way?

thanks!
Old Jan 26, 2016, 4:57 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Originally Posted by apple1122
Hi,

Is SFO->Tokyo (transfer)->SYD a valid route? Because award flight via AA or Qantas is so hard to book even in Econ class....

If it is a valid route, is it still 62,500 miles for F class one way?

thanks!
No, that would require two awards (NA -> Asia 1 (62.5k in F) and Asia 1 -> South Pacific (60k in F)). And in any event, SFO -> SYD direct in F is currently 72.5k miles (which, to get F, would require a connection in DFW or LAX as QF only has J on the direct flight).

Definitely check out Fiji and TN as alternatives to the AA and QF service to Australia. To see availability, you'll need to either have EF access or call AA.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 7:43 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Animgif
Definitely check out Fiji and TN as alternatives to the AA and QF service to Australia. To see availability, you'll need to either have EF access or call AA.
+1. You can use AS to check space on Fiji Airways, but you have to call in for TN as far as I know.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by apple1122
Thanks for your reply!

So if I booked the award flight on 3/20/16 with the following depart and return date:

Depart: 1/15/17
Return: 2/15/17

Regarding the "one year from issue date, " does it mean I have until 3/19/17 to change the flight date?
Or did you mean I have to complete the travel by 3/19/17? so meaning the furthest i can push out my flight depart date is 3/19/17? No further departure date is allowed? like April or May 2017?

thanks
You must complete travel by 3/20/17.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 7:54 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Originally Posted by flyingeph12
+1. You can use AS to check space on Fiji Airways, but you have to call in for TN as far as I know.
Keep in mind for Fiji, if you're using AS then you're not seeing all of the inventory that's available to AA. On AS, as far as I've always understood it, FJ only makes available the seats that are >2. Meaning, if there is U3, then AS will show U1. If there is U2, AS will show U0. AA, on the other hand, usually has access to all of the available seats.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Animgif
Keep in mind for Fiji, if you're using AS then you're not seeing all of the inventory that's available to AA. On AS, as far as I've always understood it, FJ only makes available the seats that are >2. Meaning, if there is U3, then AS will show U1. If there is U2, AS will show U0. AA, on the other hand, usually has access to all of the available seats.
Thanks, I wasn't aware of that fact. Do you know if QF can see all seats available on FJ?
Old Jan 26, 2016, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by flyingeph12
You can check TN using Expertflyer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.