Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2016, 9:22 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Apologies if this question has been answered before ...

I believe I read that if you book an international itinerary in J and have a domestic leg on a 2 class aircraft that the domestic leg will book into F. Is that only true for AA and or/ N America?

If I book CPT/DOH/AUH in J will the DOH/AUH leg (in a 2 class aircraft) book into F? Not exactly domestic of course - but the situations do seem rather analogous.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 9:47 am
Formerly known as jlars77

Yes, award will book into F on the domestic leg.

Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
Apologies if this question has been answered before ...

I believe I read that if you book an international itinerary in J and have a domestic leg on a 2 class aircraft that the domestic leg will book into F. Is that only true for AA and or/ N America?

If I book CPT/DOH/AUH in J will the DOH/AUH leg (in a 2 class aircraft) book into F? Not exactly domestic of course - but the situations do seem rather analogous.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 8:49 pm

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Originally Posted by LukeO9
I keep coming up with alternatives to try and get around this QF unavailability on AA fiasco, but this one stumps me completely. I've managed to get a good flight with CX to SYD, but the AAgent can't connect to CBR later that arrival day. However, I can book that particular Oz domestic flight I want singularly online (AA.com) as a separate AAward redemption.
OK. So instead of everyone else calling the Oz line from the US, I call AA in the US from Oz. The AAgent took a while to find it ("let me try this" 3 times), but he managed to find it.

Last edited by LukeO9; Jan 6, 2016 at 9:05 pm
Old Jan 6, 2016, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by Development
Unfortunately it wasn't , that is reason I had two connections, thanks! D
Its bothersome that a lot of people on the forum know the rules, but hardly any of the agents that you have to call don't.
If ba.co.uk using avios can see most OW availability, theres no reason why all the partner airlines can't. Except if the software is so expensive the airlines couldn't then afford to pay their executives.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:04 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by 2Tall4Y
Yes, award will book into F on the domestic leg.
Thank you for the quick response. ^

[Rather pleased about that as it could mean a chance to sample the legendary Al Safwa lounge!]
Old Jan 7, 2016, 10:30 am

I have a ticket for travel for TPE-HKG-SFO in J. I saw that F has opened up but on TSA-HND-SFO. Would this require a change fee since its a different airport but same origin city?
Old Jan 7, 2016, 10:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by olouie
I have a ticket for travel for TPE-HKG-SFO in J. I saw that F has opened up but on TSA-HND-SFO. Would this require a change fee since its a different airport but same origin city?
Change in origin airport = change fee
Old Jan 7, 2016, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by JonNYC
Change in origin airport = change fee
Thanks. I guess I will just change it to the one that goes TPE-HND/NRT-SFO Gotta lock in the F prices before it goes up.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 10:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by olouie
...Gotta lock in the F prices before it goes up.
Amen!
Old Jan 7, 2016, 1:22 pm

Can someone help me with the MPM+25 of BKK-SFO?

Trying to figure out what routings I have available from BKK-NRT-XXX-SFO
Old Jan 9, 2016, 10:45 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
I'm returning to LAX from S America on the Sunday after Thanksgiving. No surprise that there is no award space LAX-SFO. Can I do either:

1. Book the next available LAX-SFO seat two days later. - That way, in the future, I can modify the routing to select an earlier LAX-SFO flight.

2. Ask AA to open up a LAX-SFO seat on Sunday or give? me a J seat.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by Jordancl
Trying to figure out what routings I have available from BKK-NRT-XXX-SFO
Oneworld interactive map
https://rtw.oneworld.com/rtw/
can be useful here once you find BKK-SFO's MPM. Click on Tokyo and all possible direct ports via one world airlines appear as a dark blue square.

Last edited by LukeO9; Jan 10, 2016 at 4:29 pm
Old Jan 10, 2016, 5:46 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Le Club Accor (Silver)
MPM

Perhaps naively, I always assumed MPM+25% meant finding routings that were no more than 25% above the direct mileage (roughly as per gcmap.com). However, it seems that MPM is actually a number higher than the direct mileage, with 25% added on top. Is there a simple way of being able to find out MPM for a given city pair? I'm particularly interested in HKG-NAN.

Cheers
Old Jan 10, 2016, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by kingstontoon
Is there a simple way of being able to find out MPM for a given city pair? I'm particularly interested in HKG-NAN.
Cheers
Many of the punters on this site will have subscribed to sources for that info and you should expect to see a post with the actual MPM for that leg soon. In the meantime, I've found the direct route+20%=MPM as a good working model. The direct calculation is direct route distance+50% to get MPM allowed by AA.

Last edited by LukeO9; Jan 13, 2016 at 12:18 am
Old Jan 11, 2016, 12:43 pm

Help! Using AA miles on partner airlines, but routing does not show up (SIN to PSC)!

I really appreciate it if the miles expert could help me on this.

I am booking a RT between SIN to PSC. PSC is a very small airport, and AA does not fly directly there, but Alaska does. I am trying to get Saver Economy award tickets.

So what I have done is go on the Qantas website to find availability. When I enter SIN to PSC. I only get options for BA (SIN to LHR to SEA) and Alaska (SEA to PSC) However, when I search on American website this option does not come up even though BA and Alaska results should show up online. I read that AA does not allow transit via a "3rd region", so no more Asia to US via Europe? Is that the reason why it doesn't show?

So, I did another search from SIN to SEA, and this time I get 3 routings:
- BA via London
- Emirates via Dubai
- Cathay via Hong Kong

So if I can't route through a 3rd region, it seems that Cathay is my best bet, but why did that not show up when I search for SIN to PSC on the Qantas website?

Right now Cathay's routing is SIN to HKG to SFO, and SFO to SEA is on Alaska. I would think a routing SIN -> HKG -> SFO (on Cathay), then SFO -> SEA -> PSC (on Alaska) should be possible, but it just doesn't show up?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.