Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2016, 1:53 pm

Iberia Redemption

Is there a reason why new flight IB6051 is not showing at all in the agent's system for next October 10th? IB and BA website showing good availability in both Y and J
Old Jan 4, 2016, 3:18 pm

TPA-LAX (22 hour layover)-SFO (14 hour layover)-SYD Rounting OK?

Will the above routing work for a single saver award since both connections are under 24 hours on an international itinerary?
Old Jan 4, 2016, 5:16 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Is there still currently no published rule regarding carrier (within OW) changes?
I'm looking for HND-HKG-JNB one way on Cathay, but now only HND-DOH-JNB on QR is available. If I switch to Cathay will it cost me fees? And worse still, what if NRT-HKG-JNB opens with Cathay, can I get away with fees for co-terminal and airline change?
Old Jan 4, 2016, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA, QF, VS, AA, US, HH, SPG
A friend tried to book the following today:-

JFK-PHL-LAX-HNL on AA (overnight < 24 hours) HNL-SYD on HA

and was told it would be 2 awards US-Hawaii + Hawaii-South Pacific and $80 as it was bookable online.

AFAIK this should be one award North America - South Pacific with no $80 fee as it is not bookable online.

I advised her to keep calling back until they gave her the correct mileage. She's hoping of course that the LAX-HNL-SYD can be change to the direct AA LAX-SYD flight if award space opens up at the last minute (this for next September).

Unfortunately other routings (e.g. via HKG or NRT) do not have availability for her dates. There is a routing via the Middle East (JFK-DOH-AUH on QR then AUH-SYD on EY) but the travel time and miles required make it a poor option.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 10:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by pschafer
A friend tried to book the following today:-

JFK-PHL-LAX-HNL on AA (overnight < 24 hours) HNL-SYD on HA

and was told it would be 2 awards US-Hawaii + Hawaii-South Pacific
Yes, was changed last year, is now 2 awards:
http://travelingbetter.vbulletin.net...5092#post65092

AAdvantage members who wish to fly between the 48US and Hawaiian Airlines destinations beyond Hawaii, will be required to use 2 AAdvantage awards for each one-way journey.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 10:42 pm

Programs: UA, QF, VS, AA, US, HH, SPG
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Yes, was changed last year, is now 2 awards:
http://travelingbetter.vbulletin.net...5092#post65092
Thanks so much - I clearly missed that one. Will look for another routing. In fact I advised my friend to just fly to HNL then buy a Jetstar Star Class HNL-SYD (it's only about $A850 or $620 USD) and J* Star class is as good as HA business.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 10:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by pschafer
Thanks so much - I clearly missed that one. Will look for another routing. In fact I advised my friend to just fly to HNL then buy a Jetstar Star Class HNL-SYD (it's only about $A850 or $620 USD) and J* Star class is as good as HA business.
Very welcome. I meant to mention, first discovered by a forum member, bobbybrown:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25436391-post98.html
Old Jan 4, 2016, 10:43 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
i have a question and the aa site is a bit unclear.

i need to book a Y ticket and according to this page:

http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/re...servations.jsp

i should be able to book full fare (Y) coach and upgrade to biz for 25k aadvantage miles. the agents claim that because my longest segment is on BA (DFW-LHR) that i am unable to book Y and upgrade to biz but i do not see anything on the page that indicates this.

i know being able to use miles to upgrade on BA is newish, but does anyone have any clarity on this? note the three exp agents all had different responses and there is a J milesaver on the DFWLHR segment i am looking at...

thanks!
Old Jan 5, 2016, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by RascoFlyer
Hi Guys, I am a bit curious about the direct route rule. I am looking at booking AKL-CMB in business, however neither Cathay or Malaysian have availability for the dates that I am looking at. However By breaking the flights down, LAN has availability AKL-to SYD, Qantas or Cathay have SYD-HKG and HKG-CMB is available on Cathay, therefore would AKL-SYD-HKG-CMB break the most direct rule as it is not really the most direct way or would this be allowed as nothing else is available? It is also just shy of the mpm +25%
The 'most direct rule' gets implemented as requiring a published thru-fare on the overwater carrier that allows the routing and carriers you desire. Absence of other award availability isn't relevant. Use a tool like ExpertFlyer to look at published fares (Y is fine) on LA/QF/CX for AKL-CMB.

The wiki here is very useful. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...es-2015-a.html
Old Jan 5, 2016, 9:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA OWE
Perhaps I am not reading the routing rules correctly but it is my impression that Asia 2 to India connecting through DOH and AUH all less than 24 hrs should be one award? I have been told by two separate agents that this routing BKK-DOH-AUH-BOM is two awards? Is this correct? Many thanks, D
Old Jan 5, 2016, 10:39 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Loews Platinum
Originally Posted by jubbing
Can anyone find any JAL availability on any route for F.. or even J to an extent? All blank for me for next 6 months?
DFW - NRT in J
Old Jan 5, 2016, 10:47 pm

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
I keep coming up with alternatives to try and get around this QF unavailability on AA fiasco, but this one stumps me completely. I've managed to get a good flight with CX to SYD, but the AAgent can't connect to CBR later that arrival day. However, I can book that particular Oz domestic flight I want singularly online (AA.com) as a separate AAward redemption.
Quite irrational and thus very frustrating.
Any ideas?
Can AAgents combine 2 award bookings that are "on hold" in the same AAcount?

Last edited by LukeO9; Jan 5, 2016 at 10:56 pm
Old Jan 5, 2016, 10:50 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by Development
Perhaps I am not reading the routing rules correctly but it is my impression that Asia 2 to India connecting through DOH and AUH all less than 24 hrs should be one award? I have been told by two separate agents that this routing BKK-DOH-AUH-BOM is two awards? Is this correct? Many thanks, D
The agents seem to be correct. MPM+25% of BKK-BOM is 2816 and your proposed itin comes in at 4710.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 10:52 pm

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Originally Posted by Development
Because DOH-BOM should be available? (QR-QR)
Old Jan 6, 2016, 5:22 am
Suspended

Programs: BA OWE
Originally Posted by LukeO9
Because DOH-BOM should be available? (QR-QR)
Unfortunately it wasn't , that is reason I had two connections, thanks! D

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.