Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Boeing 787-8 / 788 Dreamliner MCE and Economy / Coach / Seating (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2015, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
787-8 batch 1

Main Cabin Extra
Safran 5751 slimline seats configured 3-3-3
Row pitch: 34" pitch
Seat width: 17.1”
Recline: 4”
9" HD touch screen
Universal AC and USB-A sockets

Main Cabin
Safran 5751 slimline seats configured 3-3-3
Row pitch: 31" pitch
Recline: 3”
9" HD touch screen

Connectivity
Panasonic high speed satellite wifi

In flight entertainment
Panasonic eX2 AVOD in-flight entertainment system with Live TV

787-8 batch 2

Main Cabin Extra
Collins Aerospace slimline seats configured 3-3-3
Row pitch: 34" pitch
Recline: 4”
9" HD touch screen

Main Cabin
Collins Aerospace slimline seats configured 3-3-3
Row pitch: 31" pitch
Recline: 3”
9" HD touch screen

Connectivity
Viasat high speed satellite wifi

In flight entertainment
Thales Avant in-flight entertainment system with Live TV
Print Wikipost

Boeing 787-8 / 788 Dreamliner MCE and Economy / Coach / Seating (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Which would you pick?

Starting to look like my ORD-LHR upgrades will not clear. Currently in 8-B/C. Also wondering about 8-J/K - if there is any difference? And exit row - 19-B/C or 19-J/K - which would you take? (I know each have their own preferences, but still thought I'd ask for advice.)
Old Jan 15, 2018, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Madison Guy
Starting to look like my ORD-LHR upgrades will not clear. Currently in 8-B/C. Also wondering about 8-J/K - if there is any difference? And exit row - 19-B/C or 19-J/K - which would you take? (I know each have their own preferences, but still thought I'd ask for advice.)
We've flown in 8A/B/C a few times and liked it. Lots of leg room and typically put our roller board on the ground to use as a leg rest. I can't speak to 8J/K since that row was always blocked (families I believe) on all my flights.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Originally Posted by dciolli
We've flown in 8A/B/C a few times and liked it. Lots of leg room and typically put our roller board on the ground to use as a leg rest. I can't speak to 8J/K since that row was always blocked (families I believe) on all my flights.
Thanks!
Old Jan 16, 2018, 5:57 pm

I’m looking for the post that has some views of 8C and 8J. I have seen this when on the 788. Both of these seats are located such that they are centered on the isle going into the J cabin. Traffic can be an issue and I think an FA could justifiably ask for the area in front of the seat to be -clear-, as in no luggage footrest. We find D&E good if one of you doesn’t mind the middle. The video screens are situated such that when up, D’s is on the left and E’s is on the right giving the two more conducive to an enclosed couple...I’ll find the thread and post...

Last edited by alien; Jan 16, 2018 at 6:03 pm
Old Jan 16, 2018, 6:24 pm

I appreciate that input. At this time 8 A,B,C,D,E,H are all occupied (with B/C being us) and J,K,L currently blocked. 19 B,C,J,K open (A,L taken), but I think we'll keep bulkhead. Currently J4 with about a month to go, so not looking good for upgrade - but hey things change - esp. at ORD in Feb!
Old Jan 16, 2018, 7:08 pm

Here’s the post with good pictures of the bulkhead at the bottom of it:

Last edited by alien; Jan 16, 2018 at 7:15 pm
Old Apr 10, 2018, 9:49 pm

Hey guys, Does 8D-E-H have enough floor space for a 6’ person (I mean, leg stretch)? I normally prefer 2nd row over bulkhead MCE as I can stretch my legs straight under the front seat. Thanks.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, HHonors Diamond, National Executive
Anyone have any information on which economy seats are WIDEST? For example, are the paired seats in rows 18, 29 or 30 a little wider than the others?
Old Aug 16, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Seen a great fare on the 788 for LHR-ORD but the comments on here have put me off even in MCE. I've flown BA Y many a time and survived ok and according to SeatGuru that is only 0.3 inches wider than AA MCE on the 788. Has anyone flown BA Y and can offer a comparison to the AA 788 please?
Old Aug 16, 2018, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA: EXP MR: Ti
Originally Posted by wheatbeer
Seen a great fare on the 788 for LHR-ORD but the comments on here have put me off even in MCE. I've flown BA Y many a time and survived ok and according to SeatGuru that is only 0.3 inches wider than AA MCE on the 788. Has anyone flown BA Y and can offer a comparison to the AA 788 please?
BA Y - ok, what aircraft tho?
Old Aug 16, 2018, 12:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by asf-07
BA Y - ok, what aircraft tho?
747 and 777, same width on both. I didn't find it that bad but is there something I am missing?
Old Aug 25, 2018, 9:56 am

MCE Seats - Seat Guru or AA Site?

Hi, folks. The Seat Guru Map for MCE differs greatly (both in row numbers & MCE seats offered) from what AA shows on their site (see attached images) when picking seats for my ORD-DUB AA 208 Boeing 787-800 flight. Can anyone confirm which is correct? Additionally, I have read conflicting reports on which MCE seats are the best. Some folks say Row 10 is great while others say chose 12 or 13. It appears that the windows is what makes or breaks a row, as it eats into one's shoulder space. Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by emags; Aug 25, 2018 at 9:58 am Reason: Adding images
Old Aug 25, 2018, 2:11 pm

788 PE not yet...

I believe you are in uncharted territory in that they are supposed to -start- the 788 PE installations this fall(having been delayed)...not sure where these reports on Row 10 are...? All our upcoming flights where a 788 is involved still show the non PE with Row 8 as bulkhead. However, in choosing seats in MCE for what I don't doubt is AA's proper proposed seat mapping as you have shown, I would look here/above at this time. There's a fair bit on the bulkheads and other MCE. Personally, my wife and I take bulkhead D & E. While this row has a fair bit of legroom, (enough so that my wife -5'7"- can use a blow up foot stool and have her legs straight out, there's the argument for taller people preferring to stretch their legs under the seat in front, seat back IFE, etc...
eta: those look like Gold 50% off prices which are going away next month...AA Gold Loses 50% Discount for MCE >5 Sep 2018

Last edited by alien; Aug 25, 2018 at 2:26 pm
Old Aug 26, 2018, 12:57 pm

Thank you for the reply and insight! I was not aware of the upcoming PE installs. One last question around the above images I attached. Rows 10-18 that are $62 & $65 state they contain an additional 6" of legroom while the the seats in the exact same row (priced at $41 or Free) state they offer standard legroom. Is that correct or an error on AA's part? I would think that each row has the same amount of legroom.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 2:54 pm

Interesting... if you look up, say #150 ORD-CDG 10/24 - which uses this plane sans PE, you'll see a different relative pricing scheme. I have never noticed whether there really was a different seat pitch, but doubt it, on same row. I'm thinking AA's wording of something like "...up to..." so many inches allows them this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.