Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Boeing 787-8 / 788 Dreamliner MCE and Economy / Coach / Seating (consolidated)

Old Sep 15, 2015, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
787-8 batch 1

Main Cabin Extra
Safran 5751 slimline seats configured 3-3-3
Row pitch: 34" pitch
Seat width: 17.1
Recline: 4
9" HD touch screen
Universal AC and USB-A sockets

Main Cabin
Safran 5751 slimline seats configured 3-3-3
Row pitch: 31" pitch
Seat width: 17.1
Recline: 3
9" HD touch screen
Universal AC and USB-A sockets

Connectivity
Panasonic high speed satellite wifi

In flight entertainment
Panasonic eX2 AVOD in-flight entertainment system with Live TV


787-8 batch 2

Main Cabin Extra
Collins Aerospace slimline seats configured 3-3-3
Row pitch: 34" pitch
Seat width: 17.1
Recline: 4
9" HD touch screen
Universal AC and USB-A sockets

Main Cabin
Collins Aerospace slimline seats configured 3-3-3
Row pitch: 31" pitch
Seat width: 17.1
Recline: 3
9" HD touch screen
Universal AC and USB-A sockets

Connectivity
Viasat high speed satellite wifi

In flight entertainment
Thales Avant in-flight entertainment system with Live TV
Print Wikipost

Boeing 787-8 / 788 Dreamliner MCE and Economy / Coach / Seating (consolidated)

Old Aug 9, 2019, 2:43 pm
  #181  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: PBI
Posts: 95
Originally Posted by TWA884
You must have used the USB outlet.

All AA B787 Premium Economy seats have 110v outlets which are sufficiently powerful, at a maximum of 150 watts, to charge phones much faster. They are located in the storage bins between the seats.


My charger would not stay in that one, it kept falling out. So yes, we used the USB.
SunkissedMommy is offline  
Old Oct 2, 2019, 9:13 am
  #182  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: sdf
Programs: HHonors Gold/AAdvantage /Delta Skymiles
Posts: 248
AA metal 787-8

Looks like my option for flying AA metal to Krakow next year is the 787-8. We will be using aa miles for Milesaaver ticket in economy. It has a 3-3-3 configuration except for the last two rows of the plane. which has a 2 seat config. Has anyone sat in the next to last seats there? Since we are traveling as a couple it would assure us of not having a middle seat or being stuck with another person in our row.
gnggng is offline  
Old Oct 2, 2019, 4:44 pm
  #183  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 1,285
Originally Posted by gnggng
Looks like my option for flying AA metal to Krakow next year is the 787-8. We will be using aa miles for Milesaaver ticket in economy. It has a 3-3-3 configuration except for the last two rows of the plane. which has a 2 seat config. Has anyone sat in the next to last seats there? Since we are traveling as a couple it would assure us of not having a middle seat or being stuck with another person in our row.
I havent sat there but 788 does not have lavatories in the back so traffic will be minimal. Keep in mind that last 2 rows of middle section are reserved for cabin crew rest and you might be disturbed by latest galley gossip
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
gateH15 is offline  
Old Oct 3, 2019, 4:15 am
  #184  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: sdf
Programs: HHonors Gold/AAdvantage /Delta Skymiles
Posts: 248
[QUOTE=gateH15;31587619]I havent sat there but 788 does not have lavatories in the back so traffic will be minimal. Keep in mind that last 2 rows of middle section are reserved for cabin crew rest and you might be disturbed by latest galley gossip[/QUOTE
It will be an overnight flight, so hopefully things will be quiet. I think I will shoot for the seats at the very back. Are there any drawbacks to the very back of the plane? Is the engine noise particularly loud or anything else I need to be aware of?

Thanks for your response.
gnggng is offline  
Old Oct 16, 2019, 6:48 pm
  #185  
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 534
So I am having trouble finding seat information after the premium economy retrofit. Rows 10 and 20 are now the bulkhead MCE seats. Is there any difference between the two (other than row 20 being right next to the lavs)? Does the bulkhead extend all the way to the floor on both rows, or is there a cut-out? Any links to pictures of the rows themselves would be appreciated.
dc10forlife is offline  
Old Oct 16, 2019, 6:51 pm
  #186  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 1,285
Originally Posted by dc10forlife
So I am having trouble finding seat information after the premium economy retrofit. Rows 10 and 20 are now the bulkhead MCE seats. Is there any difference between the two (other than row 20 being right next to the lavs)? Does the bulkhead extend all the way to the floor on both rows, or is there a cut-out? Any links to pictures of the rows themselves would be appreciated.
Post #172 had pictures of row 10. Bulkhead goes all the way down and there is no cut out in 10 or 20.
gateH15 is offline  
Old Nov 15, 2019, 7:49 am
  #187  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: sdf
Programs: HHonors Gold/AAdvantage /Delta Skymiles
Posts: 248
I have a flight booked for ORD to KRK on AA 787-8 in Main cabin seats 30J & 30L. I chose these because they are the only seats with 2 across, however, it looks as if there is a space between the seat and fuselage so no resting head against it for sleep. I am just wondering what the chances are of having an empty middle if I change to a 3 seat row with window and aisle? I know it's a gamble, but just wondering how big a gamble?

Has anyone flown in this new configuration and seen the back rows?
gnggng is offline  
Old Nov 15, 2019, 7:58 am
  #188  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 1,285
Originally Posted by gnggng
I have a flight booked for ORD to KRK on AA 787-8 in Main cabin seats 30J & 30L. I chose these because they are the only seats with 2 across, however, it looks as if there is a space between the seat and fuselage so no resting head against it for sleep. I am just wondering what the chances are of having an empty middle if I change to a 3 seat row with window and aisle? I know it's a gamble, but just wondering how big a gamble?

Has anyone flown in this new configuration and seen the back rows?
I havent been all the way to the back of the plane, But last cabin didnt change during retrofit. Only middle cabin was reconfigured. So its the same as before
gateH15 is offline  
Old Jan 10, 2020, 8:43 am
  #189  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: sdf
Programs: HHonors Gold/AAdvantage /Delta Skymiles
Posts: 248
Row 20 on retrofit

Any information on why the window seats in row 20 are blocked for booking? It is this way on every flight I have checked in September. Are they reserved for crew, Air Marshals, or just blocked because of the slide?
gnggng is offline  
Old Jan 10, 2020, 10:30 am
  #190  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 1,285
Originally Posted by gnggng
Any information on why the window seats in row 20 are blocked for booking? It is this way on every flight I have checked in September. Are they reserved for crew, Air Marshals, or just blocked because of the slide?
Blocked for airport control to accommodate families etc.
gateH15 is offline  
Old Jan 10, 2020, 11:11 am
  #191  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: sdf
Programs: HHonors Gold/AAdvantage /Delta Skymiles
Posts: 248
Originally Posted by gateH15
Blocked for airport control to accommodate families etc.
But only the window seats in the row are blocked. The center and aisle seats are available for booking. How would just one seat in the row of three help with families?
gnggng is offline  
Old Aug 7, 2021, 6:25 pm
  #192  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PDX
Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Posts: 10,670
Originally Posted by gnggng
I have a flight booked for ORD to KRK on AA 787-8 in Main cabin seats 30J & 30L. I chose these because they are the only seats with 2 across, however, it looks as if there is a space between the seat and fuselage so no resting head against it for sleep. I am just wondering what the chances are of having an empty middle if I change to a 3 seat row with window and aisle? I know it's a gamble, but just wondering how big a gamble?

Has anyone flown in this new configuration and seen the back rows?
I know this is a few years old now, but any recent feedback on this? I have access to MCE seating on 787-8 for a CDG-ORD trip and I'm leaning toward booking the window/aisle combo and take my chances with an empty middle rather than the two-seats in very back.
PDXPremier is offline  
Old Aug 7, 2021, 9:54 pm
  #193  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 1,285
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I know this is a few years old now, but any recent feedback on this? I have access to MCE seating on 787-8 for a CDG-ORD trip and I'm leaning toward booking the window/aisle combo and take my chances with an empty middle rather than the two-seats in very back.
all TATL flights I have been on since COVID started had quite good amount of empty seats. If you flight is not 100% full you have a good chance of having empty middle
PDXPremier likes this.
gateH15 is offline  
Old Aug 7, 2021, 11:16 pm
  #194  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PDX
Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Posts: 10,670
Originally Posted by gateH15
all TATL flights I have been on since COVID started had quite good amount of empty seats. If you flight is not 100% full you have a good chance of having empty middle
How is it that the MCE seats in the center line up with the non-MCE seats on both sides? Couldn't seem to find that anywhere in this thread.
PDXPremier is offline  
Old Aug 7, 2021, 11:20 pm
  #195  
S80
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: ORD/LHR
Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 1,093
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
How is it that the MCE seats in the center line up with the non-MCE seats on both sides? Couldn't seem to find that anywhere in this thread.
It looks like the location of the forward divider and rear bulkhead (lav) gives them an extra 21" in the center to make all the seats MCE. - https://www.aerolopa.com/aa-788-type-1 (Thanks to Prospero for the LOPA)
S80 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.