Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounges

Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

See AA T-4 - LAX TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 for airside access via the secure airside connector.

Qantas International First Lounge
Open daily: 06:30 - 23:30 [currently closed] QF F Lounge has REOPENED as of SEP 2022.

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (7)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated first departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.

oneworld Los Angeles Lounge
Open daily: 14:00 - 20:45

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (9)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated business or first departing in, or connecting from, business or first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in business or first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Sapphire or Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Print Wikipost

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2014, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
From http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...ations.jsp#LAX

For Qantas lounge

Admirals Club member and one guest. Must present your Admirals Club membership card (or 30 Day Membership receipt) and boarding pass at check-in counter for same day travel on Qantas-operated flight.
What about a one-day admirals club pass? I can't figure out if I am eligible for the Qantas TBIT lounge with the 1 day pass.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 10:43 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by DavaoDude
What about a one-day admirals club pass? I can't figure out if I am eligible for the Qantas TBIT lounge with the 1 day pass.
No. The one day Admirals Club pass entitles you to use the Admirals Club.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 11:33 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
I'm sitting in the biz lounge now, sipping on a glass of wine. My first time airside in the new TBIT for departures. Lounge is nice! Spacious, a bit less chaotic feeling. I like being able to see ou into the terminal a bit. A bit too warm for me, at least tonight, and the piped music needs to be turned down a few decibels, but otherwise, a definite improvement. ^
Old Jan 14, 2015, 10:08 am

oneworld business lounge LAX

Hi, I'm flying JFK-LAX on AA in business, and I'm an AA Platinum (oneworld emerald, I believe). I then connect onward to Arizona. I have a few questions:

1. Can I use the OW business lounge, even though I'm on an all domestic ticket?

2. I arrive at Terminal 4, and the OW lounge is at TBIT. Is there a way to connect airside? (didn't seem like it from the terminal map but I wasn't positive).

3. If not, and assuming I can use the lounge, I'd have to leave security at T4, go to TBIT and re-clear security, then do the same in reverse on the way back to my connecting flight. What's the minimum time I'd need to do all of that? My layover is about 3.5 hours. If it helps I have pre-check so I can hopefully save time at security.

Thanks!
Old Jan 14, 2015, 11:16 am

Thanks. Just wondering if I have any options other than the T4 admirals club. I'm AA PLT and have Lounge Club/Priority Pass, if it helps.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 11:22 am
Original Poster

On the basis of your Transcon Business flight you qualify for Admirals Club admittance that day. You probably will be denied access airside at TBIT, so no access - and if you could, AFAIK, no oneworld access by reason of AA-based Sapphire status. (Emerald is AA EP / EXP.)

We'll now merge this into the proper thread. /Moderator

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 14, 2015 at 11:28 am
Old Jan 14, 2015, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by crimson12
Thanks. Just wondering if I have any options other than the T4 admirals club. I'm AA PLT and have Lounge Club/Priority Pass, if it helps.
I don't know if the oneworld lounge in TBIT will let you in, but you may take the tunnel from T4 to T6 to access the Alaska Board Room in T6 with your Lounge Club or Priority Pass. (Actually, you're also supposed to get access to the Board Room because of your Transcon Business flight.) The tunnel is airside, no need to go through the security. And the LAX Board Room, in my opinion, is a bit better in terms of food and beverages than the Admirals Club.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by Gardyloo
You won't be able to get into TBIT unless you have a flight departing from there.

However, I'm going to move this to the AA board for lounge access questions.

Gardyloo
Oneworld moderator
Originally Posted by JDiver
On the basis of your Transcon Business flight you qualify for Admirals Club admittance that day. You probably will be denied access airside at TBIT, so no access - and if you could, AFAIK, no oneworld access by reason of AA-based Sapphire status. (Emerald is AA EP / EXP.)

We'll now merge this into the proper thread. /Moderator
FYI, the rule that barred access to TBIT unless actually departing from there went away this past summer. I was successfully able to access TBIT twice even when not departing from there.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
FYI, the rule that barred access to TBIT unless actually departing from there went away this past summer. I was successfully able to access TBIT twice even when not departing from there.
It's great to have the information substantiated by your sharing of your personal experiences! Thank you.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by crimson12
Hi, I'm flying JFK-LAX on AA in business, and I'm an AA Platinum (oneworld emerald, I believe). I then connect onward to Arizona. I have a few questions:

1. Can I use the OW business lounge, even though I'm on an all domestic ticket?

2. I arrive at Terminal 4, and the OW lounge is at TBIT. Is there a way to connect airside? (didn't seem like it from the terminal map but I wasn't positive).

3. If not, and assuming I can use the lounge, I'd have to leave security at T4, go to TBIT and re-clear security, then do the same in reverse on the way back to my connecting flight. What's the minimum time I'd need to do all of that? My layover is about 3.5 hours. If it helps I have pre-check so I can hopefully save time at security.

Thanks!
AA Platinum status does not qualify for OW lounge access on a solely domestic itinerary. You have to be traveling international (Europe, Asia, Central/South America) same day to use Platinum/OW Sapphire for lounge access.

This is actually not just limited to TBIT, you can access any LAX terminal with a BP for a same day departure out of LAX.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
From May 1st, 2014 airside access at LAX for any terminal has simply required your boarding pass and ID for a flight departing that day from LAX irrespective of the terminal.

This has been confirmed by anecdotes. I first found reference here: LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access
Old Jan 15, 2015, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Indeed, I can confirm, Had extra time and got bored one day, so entered the TBIT security line past the gatekeeper with my AA BP, no problem (turned around and left again because I didn't want to go through the shoe carnival).

Current rule at LAX: Any BP departing LAX that day will get you access to any terminal.

In the future, I plan on using that info to visit Umami Burger in TBIT, and Kogi in T4. I know a lot of people also enjoy Real Food Daily (T4)
Old Apr 30, 2015, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA Platinum - 1MM+
LAX Layover - T4 to TBIT possible without TBIT boarding pass?

This weekend I have a 4 1/2 hour layover in LAX (domestic AA arrival in LAX - first class award, departing AA to LHR - business class award ticket).
The AA lounges in Terminal 4 are not too exciting, so I was considering heading over to TBIT and enjoying the lounge there (Oneworld?)

After searching through the forums, I cannot find out if anyone recently has been able to go from T4 to TBIT succesfully (using a T4 boarding pass).

Does anyone know? I found a few post from 2009 here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qanta...nal-4-lax.html but nothing recent.
Also, would I walk over, or take the bus? I assume I'd have to clear security if I walk. I do have TSA Pre/global entry.

Alternatively; I'll probably catch an Uber if they are at LAX and head to Venice or Manhattan - Traffic should be "limited" due to weekend - at least for LA.

(mods, feel free to move if needed)
Old Apr 30, 2015, 1:46 pm

It's a very easy walk from T4 to TBIT and a valid boarding pass will get you through security at TBIT (regardless the departing terminal on BP).
Old Apr 30, 2015, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

I think you looked at the wrong thread. The correct thread is linked to in the American Airlines LOUNGE DASHBOARD, and we'll merge your query into the appropriate Longe Access Help Desk thread.

/Moderator

You can indeed access the TBIT airside; they won't let you into the oneworld Lounge (operated by Qantas) because you're apparently not departing the TBIT itself on a oneworld flight.

Last edited by JDiver; Apr 30, 2015 at 1:54 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.