Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounges

Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

See AA T-4 - LAX TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 for airside access via the secure airside connector.

Qantas International First Lounge
Open daily: 06:30 - 23:30 [currently closed] QF F Lounge has REOPENED as of SEP 2022.

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (7)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated first departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.

oneworld Los Angeles Lounge
Open daily: 14:00 - 20:45

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (9)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated business or first departing in, or connecting from, business or first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in business or first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Sapphire or Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Print Wikipost

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2023, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Here is the language as it appears on the OneWorld website:

Indulge yourself before departure in a wider range of airport lounges when you fly First Class or Business Class with any oneworld member airline, though exclusions apply. Customers flying First or Business Class have access to the equivalent class of lounge regardless of their frequent flyer status. First Class passengers may use a Business Class or frequent flyer lounge if a First Class lounge is not available. First Class passengers may invite one guest to join them in the lounge. The guest must also be travelling on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld airline. Access is available on the day of travel (or before 06:00am the following day), at the airport from which the oneworld flight on which the eligible customer is travelling departs.

Connecting between oneworld marketed and operated flights: First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 06:00am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).
There are actually 2 different 6 am rules.

The first one govens departure airport access. This means you can access a lounge at LAX if you show up at 8pm for 1 am LAX-HKG CX flight. Because the flight is before 6 am.

The second 6 am rule applies on arrive to the connecting airport. It does not apply to the originating airport. There is no way to enforce this at originating airport because of time zone difference, many connecting flights would depart after 6 am local time at the departing airport.

In the example someone brought up: LAX-DFW-XXX... I actually have done this many times e.g. LAX-DFW-HKG. The first 6 am rule on departing airport would apply if the redeye flight departs after midnight. So if I show up at 10 pm for 12:30 am LAX-DFW, I'm granted lounge access (even if it is in Y as long as DFW-HKG is J or F). This flight would land in DFW in the morning so the second 6 am rule wouldn't apply.

Now let say I have a LAX-JFK-LHR itinerary with a 12 hour layover. The second 6 am rule would kick it once I land at JFK. LAX-JFK departs 12 noon and gets in at 10 pm but my JFK-LAX is next morning at 10 am. I could have lounge access at LAX if this is a 3-class J boarding pass but when I get to JFK, they would tell me to go find a hotel and come back in the morning.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 8:28 am

Programs: AA EXP - 2.2 MM, Admirals Club, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Avis Presidents, National Exec
OneWorld Lounge Access (LAX) on AA Metal - Allowed Right?

As the title says, after reading the OneWorld web site, I think I'm eligible to access the Qantas Emerald lounge which I frequent when flying Qantas, but for the first time ever, tonight I'm flying AA73 on AA metal to LAX-SYD. I've read all the exceptions and can't find one that rules this out as it's leaving North America.

I'm ExecPlat/OWE and also have a Business ticket on this route. Looking to confirm that I'll have no issue heading over to TBIT and getting in Qantas Emerald lounge despite my flight being AA. As I have a 7 hour layover, I'm thinking of heading there for majority of the time and then heading to T4 Flagship about an hour before my flight. I want to avoid a walk of shame if I'm denied.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 8:36 am

Programs: AA EXP
Yes, you're eligible for access as a OWE.
Antarius likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 8:47 am

Programs: AA EXP - 2.2 MM, Admirals Club, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Avis Presidents, National Exec
Originally Posted by deeruck
Yes, you're eligible for access as a OWE.
Wonderful! Thanks!
Old Nov 27, 2023, 10:42 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
I was just at the Qantas LAX First Lounge yesterday evening. I got there at 8:50pm and the kitchen was closed, and the rest of the lounge was being prepared for closing, which was at 9:30pm. Not sure if this is a Sunday thing, but I was disappointed to miss out on a meal. I did have a nice glass of champagne and sampled some gin (great bartender BTW), before heading over to the Flagship Lounge, which had a surprisingly nice food and beverage spread.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BrianV
As the title says, after reading the OneWorld web site, I think I'm eligible to access the Qantas Emerald lounge which I frequent when flying Qantas, but for the first time ever, tonight I'm flying AA73 on AA metal to LAX-SYD. I've read all the exceptions and can't find one that rules this out as it's leaving North America.

I'm ExecPlat/OWE and also have a Business ticket on this route. Looking to confirm that I'll have no issue heading over to TBIT and getting in Qantas Emerald lounge despite my flight being AA. As I have a 7 hour layover, I'm thinking of heading there for majority of the time and then heading to T4 Flagship about an hour before my flight. I want to avoid a walk of shame if I'm denied.
By "Qantas Emerald lounge" assume your are referring to the QF First lounge.
https://www.qantas.com/us/en/qantas-...nges%3Aen%3Ann

QF forum thread --> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qant...ounge-lax.html
AA forum thread --> Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Oneworld web site --> https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=LAX
Check the opening hours

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Nov 27, 2023 at 12:41 pm
Old Nov 27, 2023, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by nachosdelux
I was just at the Qantas LAX First Lounge yesterday evening. I got there at 8:50pm and the kitchen was closed, and the rest of the lounge was being prepared for closing, which was at 9:30pm. Not sure if this is a Sunday thing, but I was disappointed to miss out on a meal. I did have a nice glass of champagne and sampled some gin (great bartender BTW), before heading over to the Flagship Lounge, which had a surprisingly nice food and beverage spread.
I usually fly to SYD via the late night flight which I believe now leaves at 22:20. Considering roughly a 45-60 minute boarding, that would make 21:30 seem appropriate.

I知 usually able to eat multiple courses there. I land at 15:20 so will have ample time to relax there before heading back to AA FL. I致e had great seafood and steaks at that QF lounge, far surpassing AA FL. That said, the drinks and open access to canned drinks/water is always great with AA.
teemuflyer likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 1:01 pm

Can I use the QF F Lounge at LAX?
If so, upon arrival from JFK and/or the next morning?
Emerald
R class fare JFK-LAX 5:29pm-8:29pm upgraded to A class
R class fare LAX-SJD next morning 8:49am-12:16pm.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by chuck1
Can I use the QF F Lounge at LAX?
If so, upon arrival from JFK and/or the next morning?
Emerald
R class fare JFK-LAX 5:29pm-8:29pm upgraded to A class
R class fare LAX-SJD next morning 8:49am-12:16pm.
It matters whether you're an Emerald through AA/AS or another oneworld program.

If you're an emerald through another oneworld program, then you can try to access the QF Lounge on arrival, however oneworld rules require an onward oneworld flight the same day (or before 6am the next day) so I wouldn't plan on it. But you could access it the next morning before your LAX-SJD flight. If you really want a lounge on arrival then just go to the Flagship Lounge where you definitely have access.

But if you're an Emerald through AA/AS you wouldn't have any access to the QF Lounge at LAX.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
It matters whether you're an Emerald through AA/AS or another oneworld program.

If you're an emerald through another oneworld program, then you can try to access the QF Lounge on arrival, however oneworld rules require an onward oneworld flight the same day (or before 6am the next day) so I wouldn't plan on it. But you could access it the next morning before your LAX-SJD flight. If you really want a lounge on arrival then just go to the Flagship Lounge where you definitely have access.

But if you're an Emerald through AA/AS you wouldn't have any access to the QF Lounge at LAX.
This is correct. I would also mention that in addition to the FL, you should have access to the OW lounge at TBIT on arrival. QF is in my experience quite stringent about their access requirements. I was denied access last year when arriving from HND on a JL F ticket as my domestic connection was on B6. No talking my way in as OWE, arriving on a F itinerary since my onward travel was not on a OW carrier (though on the same ticket). You may have a slightly better case since your onward travel is on a OW carrier, but at least you have a good plan B & C with the other lounge options.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 2:37 pm

Thanks. Just to clarify the next morning I would not have access to QF F for the 2nd leg LAX-SJD due to Emerald through Oneworld.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chuck1
Thanks. Just to clarify the next morning I would not have access to QF F for the 2nd leg LAX-SJD due to Emerald through Oneworld.
No, if you have Emerald through another oneworld program (not AA or AS) then you can definitely access the QF F lounge before your LAX-SJD flight. You just can't access the QF F lounge after arriving from JFK.
safari ari likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 3:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
We visited QF F on Monday evening following BA J from LHR, with onward AA domestic connection.

There were several large families with children completely out of control. They were spread throughout the lounge and all appeared to be waiting for the Australia flights.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA PLAT, DL PLAT, EK SILVER
Been a long time since I did an LAX departure in Flagship First - do I get access on the 3-class Transcon A321 in F LAX-BOS?
Old Feb 15, 2024, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SvenB1414
Been a long time since I did an LAX departure in Flagship First - do I get access on the 3-class Transcon A321 in F LAX-BOS?
You get access to the AA Flagship Lounge, but not the QF F lounge or oneworld business lounge at TBIT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.