Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounges

Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

See AA T-4 - LAX TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 for airside access via the secure airside connector.

Qantas International First Lounge
Open daily: 06:30 - 23:30 [currently closed] QF F Lounge has REOPENED as of SEP 2022.

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (7)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated first departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.

oneworld Los Angeles Lounge
Open daily: 14:00 - 20:45

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (9)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated business or first departing in, or connecting from, business or first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in business or first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Sapphire or Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Print Wikipost

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2022, 7:38 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by beachfan
that isn稚 the point. It痴 an on again, off again thing. Until AA started screwing around with not having 77Ws on the route, there were few issues.
But the 77W service has not been "on-again, off-again"....

AA340 has run pretty much every night @ 11:20pm w/ service to MIA. See the attached AA Cargo Domestic Widebody schedule. This flight has been on the schedule for several months, and is forward scheduled at the same time for upcoming months as well.

I think you might be referencing the non-AA340 flights earlier in the day.... that has been a menagerie of 77W/772/788/789/321 over the last 2 years. They were plugging in widebodies left and right for this route when the Int'l markets were closed due to COVID. As you can see in the attachment, Flt#1228 is a mix of 772 + 788 for the month of October, but not nearly as much widebody lift as we saw in 2020 + 2021.

Perhaps with AA getting back down to 1x daily on this 77W service to MIA, the lack of frequency is causing the issue with lounge attendant familiarity re: access policy?
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
2022-09-28_6-20-25.pdf (128.4 KB, 3 views)
Old Sep 28, 2022, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by slhansen219
I’m confused. I haven’t traveled much since Covid but did take the 787 (American Air) from LAX to MIA To Barbados in business and was denied access to the one world lounge at LAX. Before Covid, if you were on the LAX to MIA flight on a 787/777 you were granted access.

now I am taking a 787 from LAX to ORD to FCO, again in business. Will I, again, be denied access to the one world lounge? I just don’t understand the new rules.

I’m sure my departure gate will be in TBIT, but I’ll have to check in at terminal 4 and take the pathway to the gate

thanks
You should have access on LAX-MIA-BGI according to what is published on AA website right now - LAX-MIA ticketed in Flagship F or J (i.e. 3-class airplane), as well as LAX-BGI in F. Previously, LAX-BGI could be excluded on technicality (North America to Caribbean) but "for a limited time" it has lounge access so no basis for rejection.

The problem is of course the OW lounge lizards doesn't always follow AA's published rules and often make up their own rules.

You definite will have access on LAX-ORD-FCO. I was on LAX-PHL-ZRH two weeks ago and was admitted to the OW lounge without question.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...lub-access.jsp

Last edited by bzcat; Sep 28, 2022 at 1:56 pm
Old Sep 28, 2022, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA, BA, SPG Gold
Thank you all so much for your advice. Seems like I will gain access to the OW lounge in the TBIT. It's so nice and I'll be there at 6:30 am!! Nice way to start a vacation!
Old Sep 28, 2022, 5:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by slhansen219
now I am taking a 787 from LAX to ORD to FCO, again in business. Will I, again, be denied access to the one world lounge? I just don稚 understand the new rules.

I知 sure my departure gate will be in TBIT, but I値l have to check in at terminal 4 and take the pathway to the gate

thanks
You will have access to the OW lounge at LAX but this is based on OneWorld access rules, not AA's Admirals Club rules as posted above. Have a look at https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges, expand the section labelled "oneworld Lounge Access for First Class or Business Class Customers" and refer to the bullet point "Connecting between oneworld marketed and operated flights"

That covers your LAX - ORD - FCO itinerary. You will need to show your onward BP for the ORD - FCO flight but you should have access before flying to ORD.
work2fly likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by Geordie405
You will have access to the OW lounge at LAX but this is based on OneWorld access rules, not AA's Admirals Club rules as posted above. Have a look at https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges, expand the section labelled "oneworld Lounge Access for First Class or Business Class Customers" and refer to the bullet point "Connecting between oneworld marketed and operated flights"

That covers your LAX - ORD - FCO itinerary. You will need to show your onward BP for the ORD - FCO flight but you should have access before flying to ORD.
Yes, LAX-ORD-FCO could be admitted under OW rules.

But OW lounge rules have specific carve out for AA domestic Flagship F and J. In the past, this carve out language followed the AA rules for Flagship service word for word so LAX-MIA Flagship was allowed access. Currently, it is unclear.

Old Sep 29, 2022, 12:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Personally I would take the Flagship Lounge in T4 over the OW Lounge in TBIT. Based on AA's own rules slhansen219 would have had access to that. I wouldn't be traipsing over to TBIT simply for the OW lounge, especially if my flight was leaving from T4. The only lounge I would go to TBIT for would be the Qantas First Lounge.
jimmygottfredson likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by bzcat
Yes, LAX-ORD-FCO could be admitted under OW rules.

But OW lounge rules have specific carve out for AA domestic Flagship F and J. In the past, this carve out language followed the AA rules for Flagship service word for word so LAX-MIA Flagship was allowed access. Currently, it is unclear.

It carves out 2 routes "(JFK-LAX and JFK-SFO, and vice-versa)". As a datapoint, I was not allowed in the OW J lounge flying LAX-MIA(Flagship)-BOG.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA PPro
Originally Posted by hsumh316
It carves out 2 routes "(JFK-LAX and JFK-SFO, and vice-versa)". As a datapoint, I was not allowed in the OW J lounge flying LAX-MIA(Flagship)-BOG.
Dang, I'm flying that same route in 2 weeks and was hoping to get in. So no flagship either? Does anyone know if the alaska lounge at LAX would take in a emerald flying LAX-MIA-BOG?
Old Oct 3, 2022, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by tfizzle
Dang, I'm flying that same route in 2 weeks and was hoping to get in. So no flagship either? Does anyone know if the alaska lounge at LAX would take in a emerald flying LAX-MIA-BOG?
I think you will be admitted to Flagship Lounge for LAX-MIA as long as you are on ticketed in Flagship F or J. Just not OW Lounge based on the current carve out rule.

LAX-XXX-BOG premium cabin also has access to Admiral Lounge for now on temporary basis so if your LAX-MIA leg is on 2 cabin A321 you should still be admitted to Admiral Lounge based on your LAX-BOG itinerary. It's not Flagship Lounge but it's something.
tfizzle likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 9:21 pm

I think you will be admitted to Flagship Lounge for LAX-MIA as long as you are on ticketed in Flagship F or J. Just not OW Lounge based on the current carve out rule.

LAX-XXX-BOG premium cabin also has access to Admiral Lounge for now on temporary basis so if your LAX-MIA leg is on 2 cabin A321 you should still be admitted to Admiral Lounge based on your LAX-BOG itinerary. It's not Flagship Lounge but it's something.
Thank you that is good to know about Admiral lounge and yes we are on a 2 class flight.. My wife has Amex Access but with only 80 minutes between flights may be hard to get to and back.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 6:39 am

QQ: Would this route qualify for the Alaska Lounge as EXP/OW sapphire?
Old Oct 4, 2022, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by tfizzle
QQ: Would this route qualify for the Alaska Lounge as EXP/OW sapphire?
Probably need to ask in the AS forum. My guess is no. Lounge access for LAX-BOG is under the "temporary" access provision so likely only apply to AA operated lounge.

Under OW rule, it is excluded.
tfizzle likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP
My wife and I booked AA LAX-HND (aka Tokyo) in econ for 02/2023, my status is EXP/OWE, I'm on the waitlist for SWU on all legs, and I wanted to see if I have access right if we go econ OR we get upgraded to J/Flagship.
  • Qantas First Class Lounge: access on both econ and J
    • Considered the best lounge available and what we want to get into
  • Oneworld International Business Lounge: access on both econ and J
    • Good lounge and our second pick
  • AA Flagship Lounge: no access on econ, but access on J as that's Flagship first
    • Good lounge and third pick
  • AA Admirals Lounge: I'm a AC member so I'll get in regardless
Thanks!
Old Oct 4, 2022, 2:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Raralith
My wife and I booked AA LAX-HND (aka Tokyo) in econ for 02/2023, my status is EXP/OWE, I'm on the waitlist for SWU on all legs, and I wanted to see if I have access right if we go econ OR we get upgraded to J/Flagship.
  • Qantas First Class Lounge: access on both econ and J
    • Considered the best lounge available and what we want to get into
  • Oneworld International Business Lounge: access on both econ and J
    • Good lounge and our second pick
  • AA Flagship Lounge: no access on econ, but access on J as that's Flagship first
    • Good lounge and third pick
  • AA Admirals Lounge: I'm a AC member so I'll get in regardless
Thanks!
You would have access to all of the above (including AA Flagship Lounge) based on status alone, irrespective of whether your SWUs clear or not. Oneworld Sapphire +1 guest has access to the last three you listed and OWE +1 guest has access to Qantas F Lounge, with international long haul ticket, even in economy.

Regards
bzcat likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Just another datapoint but was denied access to the QF F Lounge yesterday flying LAX-JFK in F.

Wasn't expecting it based on recent reports that the transcons are no longer eligible, but I was connecting from LAS and we arrived into TBIT so figured I'd give it a try since I was walking right by it anyways.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.