Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounges

Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

See AA T-4 - LAX TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 for airside access via the secure airside connector.

Qantas International First Lounge
Open daily: 06:30 - 23:30 [currently closed] QF F Lounge has REOPENED as of SEP 2022.

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (7)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated first departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.

oneworld Los Angeles Lounge
Open daily: 14:00 - 20:45

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (9)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated business or first departing in, or connecting from, business or first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in business or first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Sapphire or Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Print Wikipost

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2021, 10:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by born sleepy
(my final is ATL)
Doesn't DL fly SMF-ATL nonstop?
Old Jul 24, 2021, 9:05 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Ya no 77W tomorrow. Thats weird I see the 772 now on FlightRadar but it didnt come up on AA, every other flight tomorrow did except that one. maybe its sold out

Cross referenced the tail number with AA fleet page and you got the good 772 !!
Which is now delayed 2+ hours and will probably cxl, and they put me on LAX/ATL on a 319. Ugh. And I can't get the seat maps to load on aa.com for any flights.

So much for trying out the PE seat... and I coulda slept another two hours! I ended up getting on the 6am SMF/LAX and thought everything was great until I landed here.

AA2789 is the 77W LAX/DFW. It just landed from MIA.

Hope my bags make it!

Yeah there is a SMF/ATL on DL, but I don't fly DL. I would never make status on DL because I get it in AA due to segments, not miles. I would barely make silver on DL but I'm about to hit PPro at 70 EQS.

Last edited by born sleepy; Jul 24, 2021 at 11:17 am Reason: 77W flt#
Old Jul 24, 2021, 9:23 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
So much for trying out the PE seat...
Been in it on several transoceanic and transcontinental flights on the 77W (HND-LAX), 788 (LAX-PHL-LAX) and 789 (LAX-EZE). It's virtually indistinguishable from a domestic first-class seat.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 12:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Yeah there is a SMF/ATL on DL, but I don't fly DL. I would never make status on DL because I get it in AA due to segments, not miles. I would barely make silver on DL but I'm about to hit PPro at 70 EQS.
Unless the purpose of the trip is to status run, IMO there is no way any status level is worth 2 extra domestic connections during thunderstorm season.

I wouldn't fly 1 extra connection for EXP, let alone Platinum Pro.
michael_v and jcatman like this.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 1:02 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by TWA884
Been in it on several transoceanic and transcontinental flights on the 77W (HND-LAX), 788 (LAX-PHL-LAX) and 789 (LAX-EZE). It's virtually indistinguishable from a domestic first-class seat.
....but once you get settled into that seat, the service (or lack thereof) from the Flight Attendants will remind you that you are indeed in Coach.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 10:17 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Kacee, I value your insight and contributions to multiple forums on Flyertalk. Please regularly provide me your opinion.
catmndu and Kacee like this.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 11:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, BA Silver, Marriott Plat., Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis First
Any guesses on a reopening time-frame?

One wonders how many flights need to leave LAX per afternoon / evening to make them cobside4 reopening this lounge? At this point there are 2X to LHR to BA, 2X to Toyko on JAL, 1-2X to HKG on CX, plus an evening LATAM flight to Lima, 3x/week to HEL on Finnair, etc. I know it isn't anywhere near 2019 levels of flights, but its also a long way from June 2020. I get it, we'll have to wait a long time for the F lounge to return, but throw us a bone and open the C lounge already!
Old Aug 20, 2021, 2:17 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Given that the Star Alliance lounge (operated by NZ) has reopened, there’s even more pressure to reopen the QF lounge. But, given that QF doesn’t appear to be flying to LAX any time in the next few months, and that the AA lounge is a 5-10 minute walk away and can serve OW airlines, I will guess that the QF lounge(s) reopen only when QF starts flying to LAX again. So, several months away unfortunately.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 2:48 am

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
Given that the Star Alliance lounge (operated by NZ) has reopened, there痴 even more pressure to reopen the QF lounge. But, given that QF doesn稚 appear to be flying to LAX any time in the next few months, and that the AA lounge is a 5-10 minute walk away and can serve OW airlines, I will guess that the QF lounge(s) reopen only when QF starts flying to LAX again. So, several months away unfortunately.

But... QF has their own hanger at LAX. Perhaps they can get some of their hanger staff to help with the lounge reopening..
Old Aug 20, 2021, 10:01 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Muckus
One wonders how many flights need to leave LAX per afternoon / evening to make them cobside4 reopening this lounge? At this point there are 2X to LHR to BA, 2X to Toyko on JAL, 1-2X to HKG on CX, plus an evening LATAM flight to Lima, 3x/week to HEL on Finnair, etc. I know it isn't anywhere near 2019 levels of flights, but its also a long way from June 2020. I get it, we'll have to wait a long time for the F lounge to return, but throw us a bone and open the C lounge already!
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
Given that the Star Alliance lounge (operated by NZ) has reopened, there痴 even more pressure to reopen the QF lounge. But, given that QF doesn稚 appear to be flying to LAX any time in the next few months, and that the AA lounge is a 5-10 minute walk away and can serve OW airlines, I will guess that the QF lounge(s) reopen only when QF starts flying to LAX again. So, several months away unfortunately.
I think the chances are that the AA Flagship Lounge opens before the QF "OW" Lounge due to ability to share some operational capabilities with the already open AC. The number of flights isn't necessarily the metric anyway, it's the number of qualifying pax on those flights..

And LATAM isn't part of OW anymore, so...
Old Aug 20, 2021, 12:50 pm

Programs: Oneworld (Emerald)
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I think the chances are that the AA Flagship Lounge opens before the QF "OW" Lounge due to ability to share some operational capabilities with the already open AC. The number of flights isn't necessarily the metric anyway, it's the number of qualifying pax on those flights..
That would be my guess, too (that AA Flagship will reopen first). Though we still don't have any official news around that timing, other than the vague "later this fall."

It seems unlikely that the "Qantas First Lounge" (first class/OWE) will reopen until QF fully resumes LAX flying in a future year (2022? 2023?)... though there might eventually be enough BA/IB/AY/JL traffic to warrant reopening the "oneworld Los Angeles Lounge" (business class/OWS) in TBIT.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA PPro
Have a friend in AUS with 1.6mil Qantas Miles. He say Qantas won't even begin to think about flying until 2022. So no lounge until then. Qantas also operates the ONE world lounge next door, which is a very good lounge, which may open sooner. My guess is neither will be open until the flagship lounge opens in the regular terminals.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 7:04 pm
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond

And LATAM isn't part of OW anymore, so...
Originally Posted by wylek
That would be my guess, too (that AA Flagship will reopen first). Though we still don't have any official news around that timing, other than the vague "later this fall."

It seems unlikely that the "Qantas First Lounge" (first class/OWE) will reopen until QF fully resumes LAX flying in a future year (2022? 2023?)... though there might eventually be enough BA/IB/AY/JL traffic to warrant reopening the "oneworld Los Angeles Lounge" (business class/OWS) in TBIT.
I don't have a thought either way, but the Flagship Lounge at LAX has been open, just as extra space for the AC. The past few times I've been there it's been pretty busy in both sides (but still a reasonable amount of space to stay distanced). Not sure if they'll classify it, or open the OWE lounge first for more space.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by S80
I don't have a thought either way, but the Flagship Lounge at LAX has been open, just as extra space for the AC. The past few times I've been there it's been pretty busy in both sides (but still a reasonable amount of space to stay distanced). Not sure if they'll classify it, or open the OWE lounge first for more space.
I respectfully disagree. The "space" used might be open, but the Flagship Lounge, with it's premium to the AC offerings are not available. There is a distinction to be made. And quite a few people who are currently going to the AC would actually be qualified for the upgraded Flagship experience, so making it an actual FL would not necessarily create chaos on the AC side of things.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 9:06 pm
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
I respectfully disagree. The "space" used might be open, but the Flagship Lounge, with it's premium to the AC offerings are not available. There is a distinction to be made. And quite a few people who are currently going to the AC would actually be qualified for the upgraded Flagship experience, so making it an actual FL would not necessarily create chaos on the AC side of things.
I agree with you, I understand the distinction and premium offerings, I just don't have any insight into the actual number of pax who would have access and whether the AC would become crowded if only the true AC space was available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.