Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Old Apr 30, 15, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounges


Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

See AA T-4 - LAX TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 for airside access via the secure airside connector.


Qantas International First Lounge
Open daily: 06:30 - 23:30 [currently closed] QF F Lounge has REOPENED as of SEP 2022.

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (7)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated first departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.


oneworld Los Angeles Lounge
Open daily: 14:00 - 20:45

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (9)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated business or first departing in, or connecting from, business or first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in business or first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Sapphire or Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Print Wikipost

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Old Apr 7, 16, 7:40 pm
  #556  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: YYF/YLW
Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Posts: 5,602
Originally Posted by serfty View Post
As already indicated, there is an airside connector between T4 and TBIT that opened recently.

Before that, since May 1st, 2014 airside access at LAX for any terminal has simply required your boarding pass and ID for a flight departing that day from any LAX terminal.

So, even if departing from T2 (for example) you can still get airside at TBIT your T2 BP. Or, say if an A/C member, that T2 BP will get you access to the T4 A/C.
The question was about lounge access after an arriving flight, so the passenger would not have any boarding pass departing LAX. As you say, moot point because of the connector anyway.
ashill is offline  
Old Apr 7, 16, 10:13 pm
  #557  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: LAX
Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Posts: 1,442
Originally Posted by Dave Noble View Post
AA may go beyond the requirements in lounge access by granting access on arrival, however the standard OW rule is that lounge access is only granted on departure

From https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access
That's cool then, I'll just chill at the AC while I wait for my ride to show up. My AC membership makes all ticket based access rules irrelevant anyways for the AC.
matrixwalker2012 is offline  
Old Apr 7, 16, 10:26 pm
  #558  
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Mexico, and The Suggestion Box
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NorCal - SMF area
Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Posts: 62,952
Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012 View Post
That's cool then, I'll just chill at the AC while I wait for my ride to show up. My AC membership makes all ticket based access rules irrelevant anyways for the AC.
That is correct. I've been a member since 1986 and have accessed the Club many times when not flying. Read the thread linked to below for current information about doing so.

However, if you have no LAX departing boarding pass you may be denied access to airside areas of LAX.

Requesting a gate pass to visit the Club from the ticket counter is no longer approved by AA, and buying a refundable ticket to go airside is against CoC. So, your best bet is to call the Admirals Club Service Center at least one working day in advance, declare a business interest - perhaps you'll need to use the business machines before you get picked up - and arrange for that gate pass that will allow you airside to access the Club.

See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...gate-pass.html.
JDiver is offline  
Old Apr 8, 16, 7:06 pm
  #559  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Houston, TX/Australia
Programs: AA EXP/Exec Citi, NZ* G, Nat EE, Avis PP, HH Gold
Posts: 649
I've got an access question based on QF international arrival, connecting to a QF-marketed, WS-operated flight. Status is OW Sapphire via QF. Arriving from BNE on QF in Y.

My friend is flying this, with a 5 hour layover, and I'm trying to convince him that he might as well try to get into the OW lounge before heading over to the WestJet terminal (I think T2), because he'll already be @ TBIT upon arrival. He really doesn't have much to lose.

I don't think he'll have access rights because he's not departing on a OW flight (I don't think the QF flight number will help here), but wanted to check and make sure there's not an international arrivals exception. I would like to arm him with the correct information, regardless of whether he tries to get in or not.

Thanks!
corncob is offline  
Old Apr 8, 16, 8:32 pm
  #560  
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Mexico, and The Suggestion Box
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NorCal - SMF area
Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Posts: 62,952
Originally Posted by corncob View Post
I've got an access question based on QF international arrival, connecting to a QF-marketed, WS-operated flight. Status is OW Sapphire via QF. Arriving from BNE on QF in Y.

My friend is flying this, with a 5 hour layover, and I'm trying to convince him that he might as well try to get into the OW lounge before heading over to the WestJet terminal (I think T2), because he'll already be @ TBIT upon arrival. He really doesn't have much to lose.

I don't think he'll have access rights because he's not departing on a OW flight (I don't think the QF flight number will help here), but wanted to check and make sure there's not an international arrivals exception. I would like to arm him with the correct information, regardless of whether he tries to get in or not.

Thanks!
Must be departing on a oneworld marketed and operated flight for access.
JDiver is offline  
Old Apr 12, 16, 11:57 pm
  #561  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SEA
Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 4,859
With an inbound INTL flight on AA and then connecting to AS (AA flight #) serveral hours later, would I have Qantas F access as EXP?

"Must be traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated flight ("qualifying flight") and be
departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours, or

traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight (currently LAX-JFK and some LAX-MIA), or

a oneworld Emerald cardholder."

Must the qualifying flight be outgoing? It doesn't qualify if an incoming flight meeting those conditions is sufficient.
mikelat is offline  
Old Apr 13, 16, 12:31 am
  #562  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Berkeley, CA
Posts: 2,287
Originally Posted by mikelat View Post
Must the qualifying flight be outgoing? It doesn't qualify if an incoming flight meeting those conditions is sufficient.
Departing flight must be oneworld.
jamespvg is offline  
Old May 4, 16, 10:19 pm
  #563  
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Posts: 2,846
Flying tomorrow from TBIT on AA to LHR in business.

I assume that we can use the Qantas business lounge?

Do not think there is an AA lounge in TBIT anyway.
GentleGiant is online now  
Old May 4, 16, 10:36 pm
  #564  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ANC
Posts: 5,405
Correct.
belfordrocks is offline  
Old May 5, 16, 5:32 pm
  #565  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: IAH
Programs: UA GS, TK Gold
Posts: 304
Originally Posted by tonykline1947 View Post
I will be flying on AA LAX-DFW F, overnight connection, then DFW-HKG J on the same ticket. OWE.

Will I have issues accessing Quantas F lounge? Thank you
Happy to report that I enjoyed the Qantas F lounge twice. My itinerary was : LAX-DFW(overnight layover)-HKG-DFW(overnight layover)-LAX.

outbound: BP scanned, no questions asked
inbound: curious look at BP by lounge attendant who asked to see the HKG-DFW BP from the previous day. access granted, no issues. it was likely against the rules since it was used as an arrival lounge.

Korean tacos and salmon omelette were excellent
tonykline1947 is offline  
Old May 8, 16, 8:07 pm
  #566  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Programs: AA EXP
Posts: 808
Can anyone confirm that they have in fact been let in to the OneWorld business lounge at TBIT when flying business on the LAX-MIA 77w transcon? I am EXP and it says that we are technically allowed access but I'm getting conflicting reports from this thread...
Hengilas is offline  
Old May 8, 16, 8:47 pm
  #567  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 111
Originally Posted by Hengilas View Post
Can anyone confirm that they have in fact been let in to the OneWorld business lounge at TBIT when flying business on the LAX-MIA 77w transcon? I am EXP and it says that we are technically allowed access but I'm getting conflicting reports from this thread...
I have been let in to the OneWorld business lounge when flying 3-class transcon business LAX-JFK.
Cheynewalk is offline  
Old May 15, 16, 1:50 pm
  #568  
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Boston, MA
Programs: UA GS, AA PLAT, DL PLAT, EK SILVER
Posts: 242
LAX-MIA F Class / EXP QF Lounge

I too am getting conflicting info from this thread. What are the rules for LAX-MIA F-class or J-Class passengers accessing the QF lounge when departing TBIT? To be clear, this is without an onward int'l connection

Thanks!
SvenB1414 is offline  
Old May 15, 16, 4:01 pm
  #569  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Melbourne
Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Posts: 21,846
Check the Wiki - Premium cabin travel on some LAX-MIA flights can confer such access.

The "some" I believe refers to three class services.

Also, see here: https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access
serfty is offline  
Old May 15, 16, 4:44 pm
  #570  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 111
Originally Posted by serfty View Post
Check the Wiki - Premium cabin travel on some LAX-MIA flights can confer such access.

The "some" I believe refers to three class services.

Also, see here: https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access
The OW site is not a model of clarity in this case. It says "lounge access" but not which lounge. In my recent experience, One World Emerald (EXP) gets access to QF F lounge when departing in J on the LAX-MIA 3-class transcon. But they may send you to One World Business Lounge. YMMV.
Cheynewalk is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread