Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounges

Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

See AA T-4 - LAX TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 for airside access via the secure airside connector.

Qantas International First Lounge
Open daily: 06:30 - 23:30 [currently closed] QF F Lounge has REOPENED as of SEP 2022.

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (7)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated first departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.

oneworld Los Angeles Lounge
Open daily: 14:00 - 20:45

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (9)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated business or first departing in, or connecting from, business or first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in business or first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Sapphire or Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Print Wikipost

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2018, 8:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by beachfan
No longer.

No Lounge access anymore at TBIT one world lounge for LAX-JFK or LAX-MIA no matter what class. In spite of showing them the posted one world rules. And in spite of them showing me a piece of paper that said “AA access for LAX-JFK vice versa only no access LAX -MIA vice versa” (all caps, no punctuation). Which clearly says Jfk yes, Mia no but they insisted both were prohibited by AA (“that’s what vice versa means”, which is when I gave up). This was with a supervisor present.

I wouldn’t of cared except my flight left from TBIt
You need to send an email to QANTAS about it. The same thing happened a couple years ago, and enough people complained, and QANTAS had to retrain their agents.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 9:56 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by DMPHL
You need to send an email to QANTAS about it. The same thing happened a couple years ago, and enough people complained, and QANTAS had to retrain their agents.
it’s american who changed the rules on lax-mia
Old Jun 27, 2018, 8:04 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by beachfan

it’s american who changed the rules on lax-mia
LAX-MIA I get...I'm talking about being denied access for LAX-JFK.
TWA884 likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 9:59 pm

Programs: LH HON
Denied entry (to First Class Lounge) as OWE with F ticket on AA. New rule says only QF pax until 10pm. Too tired to argue and left. Business Class lounge also turned me away because "there's a lounge in T4 that AA uses".

Alright then.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 11:02 pm

Programs: BA GGL
I am not sure to understand.... the new access rules restrict AA pax to access the F lounge based on class of travel or that that aply also to Aa pax wanting to access the F class lounge based on Emerald (except aadvantage members) status? I am a BA GGL and flying AA out and through Lax next week....
Old Jul 12, 2018, 11:23 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by alexduport
I am not sure to understand.... the new access rules restrict AA pax to access the F lounge based on class of travel or that that aply also to Aa pax wanting to access the F class lounge based on Emerald (except aadvantage members) status? I am a BA GGL and flying AA out and through Lax next week....
If you are British Airways GGL, and you have an onward Oneworld flight that day or before 6:00am the following day, you'll have access to the Flagship Lounge in Terminal 4 or the Qantas F Lounge at the Tom Bradley International Terminal.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 11:43 pm

Unless the Qantas Lounge decides otherwise and starts making up their own rules. Just be prepared to be denied if it's too busy, as you're not a QF elite.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by ckx2
Denied entry (to First Class Lounge) as OWE with F ticket on AA. New rule says only QF pax until 10pm. Too tired to argue and left. Business Class lounge also turned me away because "there's a lounge in T4 that AA uses".

Alright then.
This is not clear.

Were you on a defined "International" itnerary or travelling in First on AA to JFK on a three class aircraft?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 11:58 pm

I was on AA193 LAX-HKG
Old Jul 13, 2018, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I was on AA193 LAX-HKG
Then as an AA EXP access should have been permitted.

https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-...ccess/LAX/1131

http://www.qantas.com/travel/airline...unge/global/en
Attached Images     

Last edited by serfty; Jul 13, 2018 at 12:23 am
Old Jul 13, 2018, 12:46 am

Yeah I am aware of that. However, the QF lounge seems to put up their own rules recently. Whether it's not properly trained staff, or attempts to reduce the crowd or disputes with AA - who knows. Unfortunately it's not the first time this has happened. The 10pm excuse is new tho.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 8:41 am

Alright then.
I was in J going LAX -> LHR on AA on Tuesday, and I (EXP) and a guest (no status) had no trouble accessing the Qantas First Lounge for five hours during the middle of the day.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Unless the Qantas Lounge decides otherwise and starts making up their own rules. Just be prepared to be denied if it's too busy, as you're not a QF elite.
I suppose that's possible. I was just there three weeks ago.......Friday evening about 8:30pm. The place was crazy busy, with every table in the dining room taken and a line had formed for available tables. I received access, with my AA boarding pass.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by jcatman
I suppose that's possible. I was just there three weeks ago.......Friday evening about 8:30pm. The place was crazy busy, with every table in the dining room taken and a line had formed for available tables. I received access, with my AA boarding pass.
I was at the Qantas F lounge last week for the 193 and was given access as an EXP though the lounge was crowded
Old Jul 13, 2018, 6:43 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Was there last week around 6PM flying LAX-SFO (purely domestic itinerary no international connect) and had to issue accessing with my QF WP card. Lounge is pretty quiet this time of the day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.