Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounges

Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

See AA T-4 - LAX TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 for airside access via the secure airside connector.

Qantas International First Lounge
Open daily: 06:30 - 23:30 [currently closed] QF F Lounge has REOPENED as of SEP 2022.

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (7)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated first departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.

oneworld Los Angeles Lounge
Open daily: 14:00 - 20:45

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (9)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated business or first departing in, or connecting from, business or first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in business or first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Sapphire or Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Print Wikipost

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2019, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by cbrown5294
Flying in a few weeks from LAX-JFK-LHR. All in Y waitlist for BC
My LAX-JFK flight is at 1230 am with a 13 hr layover in JFK. Technically my LAX-JFK departs the same day as the JFK-LHR flight (1040PM)
I should have access to the QF First lounge correct?

Iam Ex Plat / Emerald traveling with one companion

Thanks
Yep.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 5:10 pm

I recently visited the Qantas First Lounge before my trip to Asia on AA. I was good but it didn't really wow me. For some reason, I expected something like Qatar's Al Safwa in Doha. I also visited AA Flagship Lounge, it was expectedly good for a Business Class lounge considering how awful the onboard product is.

I ordered Big Breakfast from their Fall menu (shown below). It was good, but again, I think a la carte dining is just a novelty. I'm still grateful though - I'd choose this lounge over AA's.

Big Breakfast

Breakfast Menu (Fall)
Old Jan 17, 2020, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
The QF F lounge continues to have access issues, be aware, especially when flying at night.

I was denied access flying CX with a printed lounge invite TO THAT LOUNGE. Posted in the other thread.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qant...l#post31964250
Old Jan 18, 2020, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by no2chem
The QF F lounge continues to have access issues, be aware, especially when flying at night.

I was denied access flying CX with a printed lounge invite TO THAT LOUNGE. Posted in the other thread.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qant...l#post31964250
It is peak season for flights back to Oz; as posted in that thread, Qantas alone had over 2100 PAX heading to Australia.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 4:20 am

Programs: BA GGL
Based on the wiki - thanks for the info - I believe this is true.
Traveling LAX - PDX in AA First.
Know this is short haul, but am a BA GGL, thus Gold Card, equivalent OW Emerald (and not as AA EXPlat).
Therefore QF F access should be fine, yes?
Am on an onward international connection from an 18hr layover (different date, due to overnight) if that makes any difference too.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
Based on the wiki - thanks for the info - I believe this is true.
Traveling LAX - PDX in AA First.
Know this is short haul, but am a BA GGL, thus Gold Card, equivalent OW Emerald (and not as AA EXPlat).
Therefore QF F access should be fine, yes?
Am on an onward international connection from an 18hr layover (different date, due to overnight) if that makes any difference too.
Yes, as a non-AA oneworld Emerarld you can access lounges before normal domestic flights on AA. That includes Admirals Clubs, Flagship Lounges, and other oneworld lounges such as the QF F lounge, if available at your departure airport. The fact that you might be connecting from (or to) and international flight is irrelevant in these cases.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 6:22 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Yes, as a non-AA oneworld Emerarld you can access lounges before normal domestic flights on AA. That includes Admirals Clubs, Flagship Lounges, and other oneworld lounges such as the QF F lounge, if available at your departure airport. The fact that you might be connecting from (or to) and international flight is irrelevant in these cases.
Lovely job! That's how I interpreted the Wiki, just didn't want to walk from T5 to TBIT only to be denied. Thanks for the reply.

Last edited by mmxbreaks; Jan 20, 2020 at 3:39 am
Old Jan 19, 2020, 9:35 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
Lovely job! That's how I interpreted the Wiki, just didn't want to talk from T5 to TBIT only to be denied. Thanks for the reply.
The LAX-PDX flights are operated by American Eagle. Those flights depart from the remote terminal which is accessed by shuttle buses from both T4 and T5. You cannot walk between the remote regional terminal and TBIT.

Take a look at this thread:

Last edited by TWA884; Jan 20, 2020 at 12:12 pm Reason: Syntax
Old Jan 20, 2020, 1:09 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
mmxbreaks can still use QF 1st class lounge... just remember to leave early to walk to T4 and take the bus to Eagle's nest.

To save time, check in with AA in T4 (not T5) and walk to TBIT. And walk back to T4 to take the bus to Eagle's nest.

Basically, there is no reason to be in T5 at all.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 9:32 am

Programs: AA PPro
I've one the QA F lounge to Eagles Nest several times and it is about 17 minutes door to door. YOu can get the bus from terminal 4 (middle of terminal 4 downstairs) and that is usually about a 6 minute wait. Then eagles nest is a 1 minute walk to any gate.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 12:13 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Am I correct that the three "better" lounges are all closed now due to COVID (the QF F lounge, the Oneworld Business lounge, and the AA flagship lounge)? But it looks like the regular Admirals Club lounge in Terminals 4 is open, with pre-packaged snacks (the one in Terminal 5 is closed).

For those with Priority Pass, it looks like the KAL at TBIT is open (though it wasn't that great even before COVID)
Old Dec 30, 2020, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by BigE
Am I correct that the three "better" lounges are all closed now due to COVID (the QF F lounge, the Oneworld Business lounge, and the AA flagship lounge)? But it looks like the regular Admirals Club lounge in Terminals 4 is open, with pre-packaged snacks (the one in Terminal 5 is closed).

For those with Priority Pass, it looks like the KAL at TBIT is open (though it wasn't that great even before COVID)
You are correct that the QF F Lounge, the OW J Lounge, and the AA Flagship Lounge is closed at the moment.
For Priority Pass, the KAL Lounge is closed ( alongside all other lounges in TBIT ) and the Alaska Lounge is the only option.

Also, if I'm not wrong, LA County rules prohibit food/beverage consumption inside lounges so you could only use any open lounge as a seating area and take grab&go food/beverages to eat at the terminal.

The Admirals Club in Terminal 4 should be open but about the latest situation ( food/beverage consumption & seating policies ) over there, I would be asking another member to respond on that part.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 4:23 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Yes, but is In-N-Out open for take-out (without a car) near LAX since all of these lounges are closed?
Old Dec 30, 2020, 11:02 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Also, if I'm not wrong, LA County rules prohibit food/beverage consumption inside lounges so you could only use any open lounge as a seating area and take grab&go food/beverages to eat at the terminal.

The Admirals Club in Terminal 4 should be open but about the latest situation ( food/beverage consumption & seating policies ) over there, I would be asking another member to respond on that part.
Tonight they had a snack bag with packaged food - carrots, ranch dressing, veggie chips, chocolate chip cookies, cheese. They asked people to keep the mask on in-between bites and sips. I did notice one person who wasn't wearing a mask at all, despite not apparently eating and despite the repeated announcements about wearing masks.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by BigE
Tonight they had a snack bag with packaged food - carrots, ranch dressing, veggie chips, chocolate chip cookies, cheese. They asked people to keep the mask on in-between bites and sips. I did notice one person who wasn't wearing a mask at all, despite not apparently eating and despite the repeated announcements about wearing masks.
Keeping mask on in between bites...how many times your face is being touched over the course of a meal? I witnessed someone doing that on a flight...broke his mask at some point with the constant movement, pulled out another one from his bag, did more harm than intent.
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.