Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounges

Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

See AA T-4 - LAX TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 for airside access via the secure airside connector.

Qantas International First Lounge
Open daily: 06:30 - 23:30 [currently closed] QF F Lounge has REOPENED as of SEP 2022.

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (7)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated first departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.

oneworld Los Angeles Lounge
Open daily: 14:00 - 20:45

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (9)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated business or first departing in, or connecting from, business or first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in business or first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Sapphire or Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Print Wikipost

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:19 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
As @beachfan says, the lounge access was in effect when AA flew the then 3 class, now 4 class 77W on this route. We'll see what happens when the 77W returns and if it will be considered a premium transcon flight.
77W comes back Friday. I was told by AA (in writing from the Admiral's Club office) that I would have Flagship Lounge Access.

Has any Ex Plat on the 3 class LAX_BOS gotten in Qantas F flight based it being a 3 class premium flight?
Old Apr 30, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: AA EXP
Admirals Club lounge access page now explicitly allows for access for the MIA and BOS flights that are 3-class. The Oneworld page hasn't included the language, though it links to the Admirals Club page, so YMMV.
Old May 6, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
No Qantas f lounge access for aa Exec plats on lax-Bos or Lax-Mia 3 class planes without international connection per lounge gatekeeper

Last edited by beachfan; May 6, 2019 at 1:56 pm
Old May 6, 2019, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by beachfan
No Qantas f lounge access for aa Exec plats on lax-Bos or Lax-Mia 3 class plans per lounge gatekeeper
I believe the access is based on class of service for the LAX-JFK service, not AA EXP Tier status, meaning you need to flying F on the 3 class transcon.
Old May 6, 2019, 1:59 pm

I believe the access is based on class of service for the LAX-JFK service, not AA EXP Tier status, meaning you need to flying F on the 3 class transcon.
The Qantas lounge agent said that Exp Plat on LAX -JFK in J would have access. But a) she could be wrong or b). it could be agent dependent or c) she meant J lounge.

i think you may be right based on written posted rules on the one world site
Old May 6, 2019, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Agreed - however many find it confusing.

Really, it is straight forward re Qantas First lounge access at LAX.

See here from the WIki of the's lounge's dedicated thread:
For access to the Qantas First Lounge at TBIT just one of the following needs to be true:
  1. Non AAdvantage oneworld Emerald travelling on a oneworld Marketed and operated flight.
  2. AAdvantage Executive Platinum travelling on a oneworld Marketed and Operated flight NOT solely on a "North American* Itinerary".
  3. First Class passengers travelling on a oneworld Marketed and Operated flight not solely on a "North American* Itinerary".
  4. Passengers in First Class on a flight longer than five hours connecting§ to/from an international short haul or domestic oneworld Marketed and Operated flight and not solely on a "North American* Itinerary".
  5. First Class passengers^ travelling on a transcontinental American Airlines Marketed and Operated flight between Los Angeles & New York.
* A "North American* Itinerary" is travel on solely domestic flights within the U.S. or between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico [except Mexico City], the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean.
§ Connecting the same day or before 6am the following day.
^ Regarding AA EXP in any cabin. This is a "Class of Service" based access, so status should not be relevant. Rules indicate NO ACCESS unless in First on JFK transcon, but there had been some contradictory experiences about this. Early on EXP based access had sometimes been granted; not so these days. Presumably this related to confusion about the rules on behalf of the agents.

Last edited by serfty; May 6, 2019 at 8:45 pm
Old May 6, 2019, 3:14 pm

The part of the wiki you quote is correct but not all of the Wiki.Wiki is not correct re Lax-Mia. Doesn’t matter what class of service and how many classes the plane has, per my experience, since shortly after the 77W was taken off the route.

Last edited by beachfan; May 6, 2019 at 9:36 pm
Old May 6, 2019, 8:21 pm

JFK-LAX-PPT

JFK-LAX in first on 3 class AA flight connecting to business/first on Air Tahiti Nui. Which lounge can I access in TBIT?

thanks
Old May 7, 2019, 1:01 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by flightmedic
JFK-LAX in first on 3 class AA flight connecting to business/first on Air Tahiti Nui. Which lounge can I access in TBIT?

thanks
I think the only lounge you’ll have access to in TBIT will be the one TN contracts with, iirc Korean Air, as TN isn’t oneworld. (TN has no First any longer, only Poerava Business.)

Last edited by JDiver; May 7, 2019 at 1:06 am
Old May 7, 2019, 4:41 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flightmedic

thanks
Originally Posted by JDiver
I think the only lounge you’ll have access to in TBIT will be the one TN contracts with, iirc Korean Air, as TN isn’t oneworld. (TN has no First any longer, only Poerava Business.)
Actually it is widely reported that if you are flying F or J on a 3 class transcon b/w JFK-LAX, you do have access to the Flagship Lounges upon arrival in either direction, so you should have access to those at both ends, including FFD. Mind you that this is in T4, but their is a short airside connector to TBIT, so just add 10-15 minutes to make it to your gate.

Also, I have been granted access to QF F lounge coming from JFK, but I was connecting to Austin, so I don't know if they allow access just as an "arrivals" lounge. Just don't tell them about the TN flight. It would definitely throw a wrench into any ambiguity they might have.
Old May 7, 2019, 10:03 pm

Programs: BAEC GOLD
Hi guys , I have a flight in AA to SFO, will u be able to check in at TBIT as I would like to check out the QF lounge before hopping over to T4/T5
Old May 7, 2019, 10:10 pm

No. But it’s an easy walk to the Qantas Lounge airside from T4. T4 checkin is more sane anyway.
Old May 8, 2019, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by db07mufan
Hi guys , I have a flight in AA to SFO, will u be able to check in at TBIT as I would like to check out the QF lounge before hopping over to T4/T5
Originally Posted by beachfan
No. But it’s an easy walk to the Qantas Lounge airside from T4. T4 checkin is more sane anyway.
Agree. I'm assuming that OP means go thru security at TBIT. If you are really checking in, you can't check in for any AA flight at TBIT and must do that in T4.

Unless you are arriving at TBIT and immediately re-clearing security for your AA flight, there is no reason to go to T4 just to go thru security. If OP is not connecting from TBIT, the only reason to consider TBIT security is if you don't have PreCheck since the "secret" TSA security on the lower level between TBIT and the T4/TBIT connector is usually pretty empty. From the QF lounge, make sure that you leave plenty of time if your LAX-SFO is an Eagle flight. In that case, it will depart from the Eagles Nest bus terminal which requires a bus ride from Gate 44 (or Gate 52).

Last edited by SFO777; May 8, 2019 at 12:18 am
Old May 8, 2019, 6:23 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by JDiver
FWIW, the Korean Air lounge at TBIT is embarrassingly bad. Although, they do have hot water to go with the cup of ramen. Only worth checking out to see how bad it is.

If you can use, the Flagship Lounge, do it and skip the KL lounge.
Old May 8, 2019, 8:21 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by SFO777
...the only reason to consider TBIT security is if you don't have PreCheck since the "secret" TSA security on the lower level between TBIT and the T4/TBIT connector is usually pretty empty.
As of April 2018, there are TSA PreCheck security lanes at TBIT (LAX TBIT (Terminal B) TSA Pre✓ [Now Open]).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.