Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounges

Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

See AA T-4 - LAX TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 for airside access via the secure airside connector.

Qantas International First Lounge
Open daily: 06:30 - 23:30 [currently closed] QF F Lounge has REOPENED as of SEP 2022.

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (7)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated first departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.

oneworld Los Angeles Lounge
Open daily: 14:00 - 20:45

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (9)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated business or first departing in, or connecting from, business or first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in business or first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Sapphire or Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Print Wikipost

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2014, 6:37 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I'm suspecting a glitch.

I had a purchased ticket show as "on request", and theunhelpful and rude EP agent told me it was ticketed and, after being prodded, quoted the ticket number to me.

She told me she could see it, therefore I could also on AA.com. Of course, I was looking at the record at the moment, and she denied I was seeing that.

When I told her again and what I was seeing and that I felt I should call Web Services, she said "well, go suit yourself!" and terminated the call.

The day before flight I was able to print my boarding passes, and my receipt, with ticket number, did show online. It's a case of Whiskey Foxtrot Tango .
Old Oct 24, 2014, 2:53 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
I have been dealing with a very odd set of circumstances that involved ticketed award travel and whether a ticket number is always a valid ticket number.
Booked a round trip J class award ticket stl-ord-pvg-hkg in July. Since then have been looking for a direct routing on CX ord-hkg. On October 1 found that in J and took it. Ticket reissued and my miles redeposited and taxes refunded. Two days later F opens up and I grab it and the same thing happens. The ticket looks good and I have a ticket number. Now as I look at my credit card statement I see that one or more of the tax refunds was off from the taxes paid. Some how because the taxes were refunded improperly even though I had a ticket number the ticket was actually shown as exchanged/refunded.

I discovered this on Wednesday when F opened up on the return. When the agent went to exchange and refund the October 3 ticket she said that although there was a ticket number the coupons showed exchanged/refunded instead of OK. It took a good hour to straighten that out and have the new ticket issued.

Now I think I am on easy street. Last night I go to print an itinerary and receipt on AA.com and now I have two ticket numbers instead of one. I call this morning and after 45 minutes they tell me that the first changed ticket was never exchanged/refunded and was still open because the taxes were screwed up and this would prevent me from checking in. They called back and said they needed to correct the taxes and then they could remove the old ticket.

Anyway, the lesson for me is that the email with the ticket number is not necessarily the end all be all if there have been a number of changes are any mistakes along the way.

My current return is hkg-pvg-ord-stl in F and my dilemma is what to do if F in hkg -ord opens up. I think at this point I might just leave it alone and live with what I have.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 5:34 pm

Programs: SPG Gold/HH Diamond/CC Gold/Hyatt Explorist
NEW (12/2014) LAX Bradley International / TBIT oneworld lounge (master thread)

Anyone heard an update on the progress of the First Class lounge at LAX? This is the latest I could find from ausbt.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-readi...t-class-lounge
Old Nov 11, 2014, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
According to this article the opening of the 200 seat first section is planned for "around new years day":

Qantas Set to Open New First Class Lounge at LAX | Airways News
Old Nov 12, 2014, 2:56 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by serfty
According to this article the opening of the 200 seat first section is planned for "around new years day":

Qantas Set to Open New First Class Lounge at LAX | Airways News
"the Los Angeles first class lounge will not feature the famous Aurora day spa, due to lack of space within the Bradley terminal."

Whaa? oneworld have the largest lounge space in TBIT, and it's a brand new terminal. It can't be that they don't have the space, can it? Maybe more than they don't want to use the space they've got in that way?
Old Nov 12, 2014, 3:23 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Microwave
Whaa? oneworld have the largest lounge space in TBIT, and it's a brand new terminal. It can't be that they don't have the space, can it? Maybe more than they don't want to use the space they've got in that way?
No spa either at the recently renovated QF HKG and SIN lounges (admittedly combined Business/First)

As for TBIT the current Business only lounge is reportedly packed solid at peak hours, with Emeralds even turned away, so it sounds smart to use the entire space for lounge passengers, rather than spa services that only a very few will get the benefit of.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 4:05 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by moa999
No spa either at the recently renovated QF HKG and SIN lounges (admittedly combined Business/First)
I'm not surprised by that as for QF those are more "regional" centres as opposed to "long haul" (though those stage lengths would normally make them long haul).

As for TBIT the current Business only lounge is reportedly packed solid at peak hours, with Emeralds even turned away, so it sounds smart to use the entire space for lounge passengers, rather than spa services that only a very few will get the benefit of.
I get that in a pragmatic sense, I'm just surprised to hear that they're already space limited given 1) they have the largest lounge space available and 2) it's brand bleeping new.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Microwave
I get that in a pragmatic sense, I'm just surprised to hear that they're already space limited given 1) they have the largest lounge space available and 2) it's brand bleeping new.
The issue is the current (interim) setup has spaces for 200 PAX - once open in approx 7 weeks it will have space for ~600 (400J, 200F).

This has been necessary due to them absorbing the *A lounge space.

i.e. Process
  • *A vacates old lounge space for venue one floor higher.
  • Old *A space renovated and expanded somewhat for *O, *O continues to use the same space it has for the last 7 years.
  • Renovation on old *A space completed; *O moves to that area (June '14), legacy *O space begins renovations.
  • <current situation with room for 200>
  • ~Jan 1st - Renovation on old *O space complete, First and expanded Business open; with room for ~400 more for a total of ~600.

Last edited by serfty; Nov 13, 2014 at 1:38 pm
Old Nov 12, 2014, 4:28 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
I spoke to one of the CX agents last week and was told the F lounge will be open before the end of the year.

The J lounge is so poorly designed. Look at the buffet area. You have the wall that restricts movement. When that area gets busy and you're stuck by that wall with people crowding the buffet, it's very hard to move around. If that wall wasn't there, the flow wouldn't be so restricted.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 9:23 am

Programs: SPG Gold/HH Diamond/CC Gold/Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by gemini573
I spoke to one of the CX agents last week and was told the F lounge will be open before the end of the year.

The J lounge is so poorly designed. Look at the buffet area. You have the wall that restricts movement. When that area gets busy and you're stuck by that wall with people crowding the buffet, it's very hard to move around. If that wall wasn't there, the flow wouldn't be so restricted.
Crossing my fingers for an opening by Dec 23 but not getting my hopes up. Looking forward to seeing how the finished lounge turns out either way.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 1:13 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by gemini573

The J lounge is not fully open. About half of it is still being built.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 7:58 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by Nehawk
Crossing my fingers for an opening by Dec 23 but not getting my hopes up. Looking forward to seeing how the finished lounge turns out either way.
I'm hoping it'll be open by c. 7-8pm on the 22nd (though $50 and some compensation from BA might not be a bad outcome)
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:52 am

Does anyone have any recent reports on how long it takes for an international flight on US metal to go from "On Request" to "Ticketed"? I'm coming up on 48 hours, and starting to wonder. I called in yesterday, and they said that it was scheduled to be ticketed that day. Almost 24 hours later, and it's still not ticketed.

The complication (and the reason I called in) is that the flight had a slight schedule change between the time I put it on hold in my account, and the time I actually booked it. This made me unable to book it online, so I had to call to complete the booking. Even after that, I got a message (when viewing the itinerary) that my ticket couldn't be priced because of a schedule change, and that I needed to call reservations.

Any thoughts? It still shows up as unticketed on US's site, as well.

EDIT: I checked again as soon as I posted this, and the message about needing to call reservations is gone. Hopefully that's a good sign, and it's working its way through the system.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by bobert24
Does anyone have any recent reports on how long it takes for an international flight on US metal to go from "On Request" to "Ticketed"? I'm coming up on 48 hours, and starting to wonder. I called in yesterday, and they said that it was scheduled to be ticketed that day. Almost 24 hours later, and it's still not ticketed.

The complication (and the reason I called in) is that the flight had a slight schedule change between the time I put it on hold in my account, and the time I actually booked it. This made me unable to book it online, so I had to call to complete the booking. Even after that, I got a message (when viewing the itinerary) that my ticket couldn't be priced because of a schedule change, and that I needed to call reservations.

Any thoughts? It still shows up as unticketed on US's site, as well.

EDIT: I checked again as soon as I posted this, and the message about needing to call reservations is gone. Hopefully that's a good sign, and it's working its way through the system.
For reference, it took ~72 hours to go through. I'm guessing that had to have been related to the schedule change - it must have gotten hung up in the system. Being international certainly didn't help, I'm sure.

I have booked two other (domestic) flights on US using AA points since then. Both ticketed in less than an hour.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 2:23 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
I have an award ticket that went from "Ticketed" to "On Request" due to a flight number change and a 5-minute schedule change. Is there any risk that the partner airline does not grant the "Request"? It's been 3 days and every time I call AA they say that the system is waiting for the confirmation of the partner airline to re-ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.