Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounges

Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

See AA T-4 - LAX TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 for airside access via the secure airside connector.

Qantas International First Lounge
Open daily: 06:30 - 23:30 [currently closed] QF F Lounge has REOPENED as of SEP 2022.

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (7)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated first departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.

oneworld Los Angeles Lounge
Open daily: 14:00 - 20:45

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (9)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated business or first departing in, or connecting from, business or first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in business or first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Sapphire or Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Print Wikipost

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2014, 12:24 pm
Suspended

This idea that partner inventory on hold with AA and with an AA PNR is somehow so vulnerable to the other airline's whims and impromptu inventory needs is just silly.

How many times have people here secured a VERY coveted AAdv award seat after much stalking and planning-- like a QF US-> Australia F seat or the like and one simply puts it on hold and only tickets it after they make some arrangements, checked connections,etc. etc? I've done it dozens and dozens of times and without any silly fear that unless I put the miles up right away the reservation is not much more than a polite request, etc.

Last edited by JonNYC; Apr 5, 2014 at 12:56 pm
Old Apr 5, 2014, 1:06 pm
Suspended

Well said and exactly true.

I suspect the experience that someone had with IB "changing its mind" was not exactly that. There was some other problem that the agent did not communicate well. Everyone here knows that agents do this occasionally.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 5:16 pm

Last edited by richarddd; Apr 5, 2014 at 5:26 pm
Old Apr 7, 2014, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by crimson12
I put two paid tickets and two award tickets on hold the other day. Yesterday I called back to purchase both. It looks like the paid tickets have gone through ( I see the pending charge on my credit card). The award tickets, though, only show as "On Request," and there is no pending charge. Is this normal? It's only been about 12 hours so perhaps it takes longer to process? If it matters, the miles have not been deducted from my account either; strangely, when I look at the reservation, it says "0 miles + $800."

Any insight would be much appreciated...! Thanks.
So, it's now been 96+ hours and it still shows as "on request"... should I be concerned? Would calling AA do anything or do I just have to wait for AA/BA to work through whatever process is in place?

The trip is in two months so there's no rush, but as I've indicated, I just want to make sure there's no risk of losing these seats...
Old Apr 7, 2014, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
So, it's now been 96+ hours and it still shows as "on request"... should I be concerned? Would calling AA do anything or do I just have to wait for AA/BA to work through whatever process is in place?

The trip is in two months so there's no rush, but as I've indicated, I just want to make sure there's no risk of losing these seats...
Absolutely no harm in calling.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 8:52 am

I'm having an issue and no one at AA can help me. I purchased an international flight through the phone with my American Airline credit card (the one you can only use with AA purchases). I purchased this flight over the phone because the destination wasn't available on AA.com.

Here's where it gets weird. Everyone tells me it's entirely ok to use that card (I've used it a couple months ago for an international purchase but I did it myself online), but every time they run it through, it says it's declined due to an address verification. I don't know WHAT the problem is. I have verified my address multiple times, and they try to process it, but the error still pops up. I called the American Airlines credit card and they said nothing is wrong with the card and purchases through AA should go through just fine. I called AA back and told them this and they had a supervisor run it through, but still..... nothing. Same problem. I fly out in less than a week.... if I ever get this fixed. I have no clue what to do. Ticket is WAY too expensive to purchase on any of my other cards. Help? Advice??
Old Apr 7, 2014, 9:09 am

Can you clarify your question -- you have a credit card that can only be used to make AA purchases? And it gives you a discount for using it?
Old Apr 7, 2014, 9:59 am

Can you clarify your question -- you have a credit card that can only be used to make AA purchases? And it gives you a discount for using it?
No, it's an American Airline credit card that I applied for, but it works like store credit so you can only use it for AA purchases. You don't get discounts or rewards or anything. I called and talked to a supervisor again and she said it takes the ticketing department up to 48 hours to run the AA credit card through, depends on when they work and stuff and I should be getting an email in the next day, if not sooner. But it worries me because it's SO close to the departure date. April 12 is my flight date and if I need to look for other options, I need to start now. Oh, the nerves!!!!!
Old Apr 7, 2014, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by hsgx2
No, it's an American Airline credit card that I applied for, but it works like store credit so you can only use it for AA purchases. You don't get discounts or rewards or anything. I called and talked to a supervisor again and she said it takes the ticketing department up to 48 hours to run the AA credit card through, depends on when they work and stuff and I should be getting an email in the next day, if not sooner. But it worries me because it's SO close to the departure date. April 12 is my flight date and if I need to look for other options, I need to start now. Oh, the nerves!!!!!
So it works more like a debit card? Are you sure it's not a gift card? As far as I know there's no AA credit card that can only be used on AA purchases. Good luck. Perhaps you can report back on the details of the card (full name, issuer, etc.) and someone can shed more light.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 6:22 pm

So it works more like a debit card? Are you sure it's not a gift card? As far as I know there's no AA credit card that can only be used on AA purchases. Good luck. Perhaps you can report back on the details of the card (full name, issuer, etc.) and someone can shed more light.
No, not a debit card. It's a credit card. Check this link out: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...e=aacreditcard

I called back a second time and asked for another supervisor. She said the same thing the first supervisor said, that these AA credit cards require manual verification and someone has to check them and that I will be entirely fine and not to worry. I still worry though! I was told if nothing comes through by tomorrow to give them a call to see what the hold up is.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 7:32 pm

What a strange card. What is the benefit of this card? How can the ticket be too expensive to purchase on any other credit card? The only benefit here is no interest for 6 months on AA purchases. But there are plenty of no interest cards (at least temporarily). E.g., Chase Slate -- 0% APR for 15 months.

Have you tried purchasing the ticket through US Airways (which now partners with American) using Bill Me Later? https://shopping.billmelater.com/store/usairways No interest/no payments for 6 months.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 10:09 am

What a strange card. What is the benefit of this card? How can the ticket be too expensive to purchase on any other credit card? The only benefit here is no interest for 6 months on AA purchases. But there are plenty of no interest cards (at least temporarily). E.g., Chase Slate -- 0% APR for 15 months.

Have you tried purchasing the ticket through US Airways (which now partners with American) using Bill Me Later? https://shopping.billmelater.com/store/usairways No interest/no payments for 6 months.
I didn't know about the US Airways Bill Me Later. I'll have to check that out.

What I meant was, I didn't want to purchase a ticket on my other credit cards, that's all. But I called a supervisor again today and she talked to a ticketing agent and got it ticketed right away. Phew! Crises averted. Sri Lanka, here I come!
Old Apr 9, 2014, 12:24 pm

Hi there, I went through the same thing and all is sorted. I thought it would be worth posting a message to let all know what happened as it has been stressful (but maybe without cause!). Booked a week ago with a flight of 4 legs (one on a different airline). Ticket said on request as many have noted. But then my card was blocked....possibly the one dollar charge.

I got an email asking me to call and did and changed payment to a credit card for which they said there would be no extra charge.

A week later it was still on request (we leave in six months but I wanted confirmation to book other thing, especially with that caveat on the email with a potential price increase). After reading the blog I called back.... explained the situation and that I had waited a week. The lady was polite but couldn't help so I asked to speak to the supervior who appreciated the situation and apologies. I managed to get the tickets issued manually by her with a ticket number and everything. She also said the price for the other airline would have been honoured even with the waiting.

Moral of the story is the ticket process can take a while which I didnt expect having flown on BA which has always been instant. It usually gets delayed if the flight is a long way off... be patient and dont stress...and if its holding up the booking of other things speak to them and they will help if you explain the situation....and politely!

Happy travels!
Old Apr 25, 2014, 12:34 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Tried to book a CX/KA combination on award. Got "on request" for a day and on the reservation page says:

We are unable to complete the Purchase of this reservation online. Please contact AAdvantage Reservations/Customer Service at 1-800-882-8880 in the US/Canada or 0844-499-7300 in the UK.
Some fares purchased on AAdvantage participating airlines are not eligible for mileage accrual. View eligible booking codes and mileage accrual rates by airline on the AAdvantage Airline Partner page.
Should I call back or just wait?
Old Apr 25, 2014, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by zig2
Tried to book a CX/KA combination on award. Got "on request" for a day and on the reservation page says:

Should I call back or just wait?
If they're saying they can't complete the reservation and asking you to call, I'd suggest calling.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.