Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounges

Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

See AA T-4 - LAX TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 for airside access via the secure airside connector.

Qantas International First Lounge
Open daily: 06:30 - 23:30 [currently closed] QF F Lounge has REOPENED as of SEP 2022.

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (7)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated first departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.

oneworld Los Angeles Lounge
Open daily: 14:00 - 20:45

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (9)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated business or first departing in, or connecting from, business or first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in business or first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Sapphire or Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Print Wikipost

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2014, 1:58 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by richarddd
If they're saying they can't complete the reservation and asking you to call, I'd suggest calling.
Well, just 5 minutes after this post, got the ticket number .
Hope it's not because they are watching my post.
Old May 28, 2014, 11:49 am

Programs: SK,BA,QF,AA, HH, IGH
I booked 2 award tickets (separate PNRs) for my husband and I.

OSL-LHR-MEL-SYD on BA (OSL-LHR) & QF (LHR-SYD)

I couldn't get the award to show as a single one-way on AA.com, (the only way to book was as 2 ow awards OSL-LHR & LHR-SYD for 120k), as there was no award space OSL-LHR on the morning of the LHR-MEL flight, so we need to overnight (less than 24 hours) in London. I ended up phoning to get the award booked, which the agent was able to do at the 80k price.

A few days later, I found that I was able to put the AA PNRs into the QF website and obtain the QF PNRs, which I can use to see the bookings on both qf & ba MMB pages, with all flights showing as confirmed....(though until I see ticket numbers I'm not counting my chickens...so to speak).

I have even been able to select seats for the QF flights, but when I try to select seats for the BA flight, it displays a message that the e-ticket has not been issued.

When I first booked it the agent said it might take 3-4 days to ticket, however I spoke to the same agent when I rang back after 1 week, and was told that it was in the queue, and that because we weren't flying anytime soon other tickets would be done before ours. She also said that there were no notes in the reservations indicating a problem, so it was just a matter of waiting.

It's now been 2 weeks, and they are still "On Request" ... surely, unless there is an issue it should have been ticketed by now....

Is there anything I should be asking/saying to speed the process along when I call?
Old Jun 4, 2014, 10:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Long story short, the agent booked a JL F ticket I held for my Dad but out of my account by mistake. I didn't realize this until the miles were deducted and I assume the reservation was ticketed.

I call back to explain the issue so they re-deposit miles instantly and said were going to pull from my Dad's account, also confirming the ticket is still valid and will not lose the space.

24+ hours later, the ticket is "On Request, saying to call in" and no miles have been deducted yet..

Any insight? Thanks
Old Jun 5, 2014, 4:09 am

If it says to call in, I'd call in.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 6:02 pm

Programs: A3 *G
Stuck in "On request"

Hi all,
I had a CX F award (SFO - HKG) redeemed and ticketed with ticket numbers back in March 2014. It's a simple award - one way and direct between SFO and HKG on CX879.

Some circumstances occurred that required me to change the dates of this award (but same city pairs) to an earlier date. I've changed CX award tickets before with AA and usually a couple days later I would get the eTicket Itinerary and Receipt confirmation email with ticket numbers. But this time, my booking hasn't been ticketed yet.

I've been stuck in "On Request" for the last 7 days, and 3 calls to AAdvantage haven't helped. Each time I've spoken to an agent, they would put me on hold for a couple of minutes to speak with "ticketing" or "rate desk" but then would come back and tell me everything is ok and my award should be ticketed "within hours". Hours have turned into days and still nothing.

I've read in this thread that people had issues with the credit card address on file was mismatched with the credit card used, but since my change was only a date change that doesn't require any additional charges, I don't think this should be an issue. (And coupled with the fact that I've changed dates before
on CX awards without issue)

Now I'm getting a bit worried because I'm scheduled to fly within days, and I still don't have ticket numbers. Does anyone have any idea on what I can do except keep calling them? Has anyone ever successfully had AA agents manually ticket the itinerary while you stayed on the line?

Thanks in advance for any insights you may have!
Old Jun 9, 2014, 8:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by burrbrown
Hi all,
I had a CX F award (SFO - HKG) redeemed and ticketed with ticket numbers back in March 2014. It's a simple award - one way and direct between SFO and HKG on CX879.

Some circumstances occurred that required me to change the dates of this award (but same city pairs) to an earlier date. I've changed CX award tickets before with AA and usually a couple days later I would get the eTicket Itinerary and Receipt confirmation email with ticket numbers. But this time, my booking hasn't been ticketed yet.

I've been stuck in "On Request" for the last 7 days, and 3 calls to AAdvantage haven't helped. Each time I've spoken to an agent, they would put me on hold for a couple of minutes to speak with "ticketing" or "rate desk" but then would come back and tell me everything is ok and my award should be ticketed "within hours". Hours have turned into days and still nothing.

I've read in this thread that people had issues with the credit card address on file was mismatched with the credit card used, but since my change was only a date change that doesn't require any additional charges, I don't think this should be an issue. (And coupled with the fact that I've changed dates before
on CX awards without issue)

Now I'm getting a bit worried because I'm scheduled to fly within days, and I still don't have ticket numbers. Does anyone have any idea on what I can do except keep calling them? Has anyone ever successfully had AA agents manually ticket the itinerary while you stayed on the line?

Thanks in advance for any insights you may have!
Mismatched cc with the account miles name was my issue die delay.. Doesn't hurt to change it(refund and reprocess)
Old Jun 20, 2014, 8:44 am

Taking my first AAdvantage award trip in two weeks in F on JAL.

Made the booking months ago and went to check in on things and select seats and noticed that the status was "On Request".

Called the ticketing desk and they said the status was simply due to flight time changes since the original itinerary and that they would re-ticket to resolve it.

The miles were taken out of the account at booking, record locator works fine, and I have a JAL PNG number and was able to select seats for the flight.

How concerned should I be if the status does not update to Ticketed in the next 24-48 hours?
Old Jul 2, 2014, 12:29 am

Programs: QF, EK, VA, Hyatt
Originally Posted by drquack02
Taking my first AAdvantage award trip in two weeks in F on JAL.

Made the booking months ago and went to check in on things and select seats and noticed that the status was "On Request".

Called the ticketing desk and they said the status was simply due to flight time changes since the original itinerary and that they would re-ticket to resolve it.

The miles were taken out of the account at booking, record locator works fine, and I have a JAL PNG number and was able to select seats for the flight.

How concerned should I be if the status does not update to Ticketed in the next 24-48 hours?
Something similar has just happened to me too and I came here searching for the same answer.

First AA award booking on QF, and the times for the flights have changed by half an hour for one and 10mins for the other.

Has anyone had experience with this?
Old Jul 2, 2014, 1:57 am

By way of update -

I received an email from AA this afternoon at 4pm advising there had been a schedule change, the CS team had rebooked me and I should await an updated itinerary.

Less than two hours later I received the email e-ticket confirmation.

My partner (travelling on same flights but separate ticket) received the schedule change email 5 days ago and hasn't received the updated e-ticket confirmation email.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 5:09 am

To conclude my monologue - it seems there are no set processes.

My partner received 'schedule change' emails for both our flights, I received an email only for one flight. All of our flights are now showing as 'ticketed' on aa.com. As I said earlier, we first had notice of the first email 5 days ago and only this evening is it now showing as ticketed, whereas one of my flights was re-ticketed in less than two hours.

Drquack02 I suggest you just call them and ask - they may give you the "its in the queue" but I wouldn't think there is much else that can be done.

All this for changes of less 45mins….
Old Jul 2, 2014, 5:56 am

Programs: AA EXP
intl upgrade and reticket

Since this thread is about ticketing issues I think this should go here. If not we can have this moved to the appropriate thread.

In my experience over the past couple of years when I have upgraded either from Y to C or C to F on a trip with international segments I ended up getting re-ticketed when the upgrade clears.

I have a trip coming up next week of TUS-ORD-LHR where the outbound upgrade cleared this past weekend. Except in this case I still have the original ticket number from when I booked the trip in mid May.

Has the upgrade process changed for international flights so that re-ticketing is not required or should I be concerned? I will say the only way I know the upgrade cleared is that I was gardening my reservations - no upgrade email from AA up to this point.

Thanks for any insights.

RESOLVED- AA had not reissued the ticket yet. As it turns out it was good that I called as they had the upgrade down as a 25k miles plus co-pay instead of using one of my systemwide upgrades.

Last edited by catmndu; Jul 2, 2014 at 9:36 am Reason: resolution of question
Old Jul 2, 2014, 10:20 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by catmndu
RESOLVED- AA had not reissued the ticket yet. As it turns out it was good that I called as they had the upgrade down as a 25k miles plus co-pay instead of using one of my systemwide upgrades.
That was speedy; thanks for the update! And it points out the importance of being proactive and a "defensive flyer".
Old Jul 2, 2014, 2:57 pm

Last edited by cruisingmickey; Jul 22, 2014 at 9:53 pm
Old Jul 16, 2014, 8:47 am

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
CX Award "On Request"

I made a date change to a CX award 48 hours ago and it's still "on request." Using my existing Cathay PNR, Cathay's website is showing my seats as confirmed for the new flights.

Travelling in four days from now, don't know how concerned I should be?
Old Jul 17, 2014, 7:17 am

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Quick question: Yesterday I bought an international ticket and received the E-ticket confirmation email as expected with ticket number etc. At some point I called to request cash and miles upgrades (probably before I had actually received the E-ticket, but after having paid). An hour later I received another E-ticket (same itinerary and seats, so no upgrade yet) with a new ticket number and the notation "Exchange" in the receipt area. Any idea what this means?

[Edited to add) It appears the class of flight was Q on all segments and is now N.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.