Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounges

Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

See AA T-4 - LAX TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 for airside access via the secure airside connector.

Qantas International First Lounge
Open daily: 06:30 - 23:30 [currently closed] QF F Lounge has REOPENED as of SEP 2022.

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (7)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated first departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.

oneworld Los Angeles Lounge
Open daily: 14:00 - 20:45

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (9)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated business or first departing in, or connecting from, business or first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in business or first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Sapphire or Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Print Wikipost

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2014, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime GS, AA EXP 1 MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat, Hyatt Gold, Hertz 5Star PC
Flew OKC through DFW to LAX on a ticket I purchased over two weeks ago. When I went to check in online, AA.dumb would not let me do it. Checked on the ticket status and it was still "pending" even though my card had been charged I had already processed and paid through our expense system. Had to go to agent at OKC, who I have to say was getting frustrated with their system. After she called somebody at their help desk, the agent said she never heard of that problem before but gave my my boarding pass. At the gate, when my boarding pass was scanned the GA had to manually enter the number. I headed straight for one of the LAX AAngels that I knew and she was able to fix the problem within a minute. Still have no idea.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Originally Posted by ckendall
Quick question: Yesterday I bought an international ticket and received the E-ticket confirmation email as expected with ticket number etc. At some point I called to request cash and miles upgrades (probably before I had actually received the E-ticket, but after having paid). An hour later I received another E-ticket (same itinerary and seats, so no upgrade yet) with a new ticket number and the notation "Exchange" in the receipt area. Any idea what this means?

[Edited to add) It appears the class of flight was Q on all segments and is now N.

Thanks

Today I got a paper voucher in the mail for $49; evidently the price of the flight had fallen and AA exchanged the ticket for me, waived the change fee and sent me the voucher for the difference. While a CC refund would have been nicer, it's better than the proverbial...
Old Jul 22, 2014, 2:40 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
flight time change - call IF you have any questions

quick one - the flight schedule has changed and on aa.com it says to call if you have any questions.

So assuming all is okay - it says it is still TICKETED - so my assumption correct ?

Thanks!
Old Jul 22, 2014, 9:27 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
quick one - the flight schedule has changed and on aa.com it says to call if you have any questions.

So assuming all is okay - it says it is still TICKETED - so my assumption correct ?

Thanks!
You should still be able to see the itinerary on aa.com, and see a receipt with ticket numbers and the amount you paid (and the schedule changes).
Old Jul 23, 2014, 5:47 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by JDiver
You should still be able to see the itinerary on aa.com, and see a receipt with ticket numbers and the amount you paid (and the schedule changes).
Thanks ! I can see the ticket number and cash paid, so as aa.com, say only call with questions, then no need to call them.

Self explanatory really, but I do recall an agent a year or so ago, saying that you MUST call in the event of ANY change - she was quite 'stern'.

Hence my original question. Thankfully though now, I do not have to call then now, as I always have problems on the phone (its my accent I think!).
Old Jul 23, 2014, 3:30 pm

Programs: EXP
Ticket on reques, agents say it is ok.

Situation:
I have a CX award booked for August 2014. Reservation shows on-line as "On-Request" and cannot print receipt on-line. I have called multiple times the EXP line to make sure it is ticketed. All agents have confirmed that it is "ticketed" and that they can see a Ticket #. I had a Admirals Club agent check it for me. She was able to print receipt and show me that it is ticketed.

Facts:
January 2, 2014: Book CX HKG-SFO -> receive confirmation e-mail with Ticket #.
January 31, 2014: Add CX BKK-HKG connecting to SFO -> receive confirmation e-mail with Ticket #.
March 17, 2014: Add AA SFO-JFK after stopover in SFO -> receive confirmation e-mail with Ticket #, but online reservation says "On-request"
Was able to call CX with the CX Record Locator and assign seats. Seats are still assigned.

Question/worry:
Has anyone flown with a ticket that on-line shows as "On-request" but it is ok? My worry is that after one of my changes one segment was ticketed but others were not. Should I call CX with the AA ticket # and ask them if they can see it?
Old Jul 23, 2014, 5:44 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by jcbec
Situation:
I have a CX award booked for August 2014. Reservation shows on-line as "On-Request" and cannot print receipt on-line. I have called multiple times the EXP line to make sure it is ticketed. All agents have confirmed that it is "ticketed" and that they can see a Ticket #. I had a Admirals Club agent check it for me. She was able to print receipt and show me that it is ticketed.

Facts:
January 31, 2014: Add CX BKK-HKG connecting to SFO -> receive confirmation e-mail with Ticket #.
March 17, 2014: Add AA SFO-JFK after stopover in SFO -> receive confirmation e-mail with Ticket #, but online reservation says "On-request"
Was able to call CX with the CX Record Locator and assign seats. Seats are still assigned.

Question/worry:
Has anyone flown with a ticket that on-line shows as "On-request" but it is ok? My worry is that after one of my changes one segment was ticketed but others were not. Should I call CX with the AA ticket # and ask them if they can see it?
The itinerary sounds safe due to the ticket numbers, CX confirmation and seat assignments, and AC printout.

You might want to contact Web Services at this point for further details.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 11:30 am

Changed to On Request from Ticketed

One of my itinerary with a NA stopover (booked before NA stopover was eliminated) changed today from "Ticketed" to "On Request". Should I worry? I have ticket numbers and seat assignments.

Nevermind: Looks like there was a schedule & equipment change on QR flight, so AA is reissuring the tickets.

Last edited by pbnair; Aug 20, 2014 at 11:35 am
Old Aug 26, 2014, 4:26 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
I made an award booking more than 24h ago, still showing "on request". Called AA, they said it's fine and I should not worry since the travel is in 2015. My miles were already taken but no charges have been made. Should I just wait for a few more days?
Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:24 am

Quick question: the oft-mentioned "72 hours"... is that 72 business hours?

I booked an award ticket on Air Berlin Saturday morning. It's still "on request". I haven't been charged for the taxes and the miles have not been deducted from my account. If it's 72 business hours, then they have until midnight tonight, otherwise, I think it should have happened by now?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 10:07 am

My experience...

Situation:
Found two awards from the US to Europe but was only able to hold it to Europe and had to add the last leg a day later.

What happened:
Booked legs 1 thru 3 online late (11:47 PM Pacific) Wednesday night for 331 days out, called in late (11:50 PM Pacific) Thursday night to add leg 4 from Germany to Italy. The ticket then showed "on request."

Kept checking it and it still said "on request" Sunday morning. So I called AA. Turns out when the phone rep added the last leg it wasn't added correctly and that was preventing ticketing. The rep fixed it and said it would take a few hours to go to a "ticketed" status.

It finally went to ticketed Monday morning about 24 hours after the second rep fixed it.
My 100,000 miles and $39.80 were deducted from my AA account and bank account Monday night.

Moral of the story IMHO is if it is on request more than 36 hours you should call in and ask if there is anything wrong with the booking.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Android app says Ticketed when On Request

Be aware that Android app says Ticketed when it is still On Request.
So - you need to look on a real computer.

BTW - I asked to ticket an International award on an airline partner (non 1world) on Sunday 9am DFW. 29 hours later it is still On Request.
I called and was told: can take upto 48 hours (I think from Sunday morning).

BTW2 - When I ticketed I asked for the other airline Record Locator.
On the other airline website it appeared 1 minute after I asked AA to ticket as Ticketed.
But without AA E-ticket number.
However, I was able to select seats on the other airline website.

End of story: Was ticketed after 55 hours from request to ticket.
Never happened to me before. Used to take 4-6 hours for such an award on another airline.
I wonder if AA has cut the hours (and days?) and number of employees in the Ticketing dept.

Last edited by IntFF; Sep 12, 2014 at 12:34 pm
Old Oct 4, 2014, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Smile AA "knows" to ticket in 2 hours

I complained above that it took 55 hours.
I did last week a similar International award (with non-1world partner) and it was ticketed after 2 hours. Great service!
Old Oct 4, 2014, 4:48 pm

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
I booked International r/t award ticket (outbound: Economy , inbound Business) on JL one month ago. It was ticketed within 48 hours.

Now I found business seats for outbound flights so I called AA and made the change. Since I didn't have enough miles to book a new r/t business ticket
I was told that I will get all miles back to my account first then AA will reissue the ticket. It was two days ago OCT 2 and aa.com still shows "On Request". I called AA yesterday and I was told it will be ticketed by Oct 8 now since my travel dates are in May 2015. Do they prioritize ticketing process this way?
AA took my CC information for the additional tax, but not charged yet.
I have JL and AY's record locater and they show new outbound flights in business and I was even able to assign my seats on JL's site.

The agent told me I have nothing to worry, but I'm getting nervous because it's been taking for a long time to ticket... Should I call AA again?
Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by jcbec
Situation:

Facts:

Question/worry:
I am running into a similar situation where the reservation is showing on-request while EXP desk is saying the ticket is fine since there is a ticket number. I don't see a time or flight number change but there may have been an equipment change (not 100%) but cabins remain the same. I have a bad feeling about the "on-request" status...I've never had a reservation like this before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.