Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounges

Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

See AA T-4 - LAX TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 for airside access via the secure airside connector.

Qantas International First Lounge
Open daily: 06:30 - 23:30 [currently closed] QF F Lounge has REOPENED as of SEP 2022.

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (7)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated first departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.

oneworld Los Angeles Lounge
Open daily: 14:00 - 20:45

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (9)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated business or first departing in, or connecting from, business or first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in business or first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Sapphire or Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Print Wikipost

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2015, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Third party information I have come across was that after online publication of "the letter", initiatives were made to correct the poorly defined information and advise staff that non AA elites were indeed to be permitted entry before a oneworld flight (including AA domestic).

Unfortunately, the message got lost somewhere across the Pacific and staff received further education that merely reinforced the earlier incorrect information.

In the last few days staff have been appraised of the correct access criteria.

I do know of a Qantas Elite who yesterday was admitted prior to an AA domestic flight as part of a domestic itinerary.

Last edited by serfty; Nov 10, 2015 at 5:12 pm
Old Nov 10, 2015, 2:21 pm
Suspended

This was one, weird episode-- that's for sure!
Old Nov 11, 2015, 1:06 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by serfty
I do know of a Qantas Elite who yesterday was admitted prior to an AA domestic flight as part of a domestic itinerary.
^
Old Nov 11, 2015, 11:14 am

Programs: Qantas, American Airlines, Hyatt, Accor
Third party information I have come across was that after online publication of "the letter", initiatives were made to correct the poorly defined information and advise staff that non AA elites were indeed to be permitted entry before a oneworld flight (including AA domestic).

Unfortunately, the message got lost somewhere across the Pacific and staff received further education that merely reinforced the earlier incorrect information.

In the last few days staff have been appraised of the correct access criteria.

I trust that staff have also been retrained to recognise that Qantas Club members whose next flight is a QF numbered flight will also have access.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA- EXP
so can aa-executive platinums say access the lounge on aa-metal flights leaving from terminal 4 to international destinations? (willing do security twice)
Old Nov 14, 2015, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Visited the TBIT Qantas lounge just this morning before my LAX-DCA flight on AA. Nice lounge. Strange circumstances.

Departing on a domestic AA flight from gate 155 in TBIT to DCA in First. There was a special shuttle for connecting pax from T4 to TBIT. Staff says this is day #2 of this new shuttle from gate 44 where the Qantas shuttle picks up, and others.

Drops us the far end, in a no-man's-land section of TBIT. Looks unused. Very long walk but WOW, nice terminal, like T5 LHR on steroids. But I digress.

Lost and confused I approached the Qantas lounge asking where the Admirals Club is. Agent said - this is the oneworld lounge, let me see your BP. "You're in First and Emerald...come right in."

I am a rule-follower so I said, "but, it's domestic First on AA" --- she consults a manual, looks confused and says come on in. So I did. And I liked it. A lot.

Your mileage may definitely vary.

Last edited by PittDoc; Nov 14, 2015 at 8:15 pm
Old Nov 14, 2015, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by PittDoc
Visited the TBIT Qantas lounge just this morning before my LAX-DCA flight on AA. Nice lounge. Strange circumstances.

Departing on a domestic AA flight from gate 155 in TBIT to DCA in First. There was a special shuttle for connecting pax from T4 to TBIT. Staff says this is day #2 of this new shuttle from gate 44 where the Qantas shuttle picks up, and others.

Drops us the far end, in a no-man's-land section of TBIT. Looks unused. Very long walk but WOW, nice terminal, like T5 LHR on steroids. But I digress.

Lost and confused I approached the Qantas lounge asking where the Admirals Club is. Agent said - this is the oneworld lounge, let me see your BP. "You're in First and Emerald...come right in."

I am a rule-follower so I said, "but, it's domestic First on AA" --- she consults a manual, looks confused and says come on in. So I did. And I liked it. A lot.

Your mileage may definitely vary.
My mileage definitely did vary in October!

As long as you were a Oneworld Emerald through an airline other than AA then you should have been allowed in whatever class you were in domestically. The staff may still be confused since they were twice given incorrect rules to follow and it can't have been good for their morale to find that many of those they turned away should have been admitted.

Now that there is a regular shuttle it won't be too bad for those who only have AC access as well. Some of the blame for the mess certainly goes to AA.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:53 pm

Programs: AA EP | UA 1K
I think its interesting that the QF lounge uses Caroma toilets, which is an Australian company. I guess USA made toilets wern't good enough for them haha
Old Dec 3, 2015, 1:05 am
Formerly richh1833

Programs: QF P1, BA GGL, AS GMVP
Is 4 hours enough to visit the QF F lounge in TBIT from T4? I guess I won't be able to use the shuttle from T4 to TBIT and would require me to leave the secured area and clear security at TBIT and do it again for T4?
Old Dec 3, 2015, 2:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by richh1833
Is 4 hours enough to visit the QF F lounge in TBIT from T4? I guess I won't be able to use the shuttle from T4 to TBIT and would require me to leave the secured area and clear security at TBIT and do it again for T4?
Assuming you're both arriving into and departing from T4, you will indeed have to leave T4, clear security at TBIT, then leave TBIT and reclear security at T4. Is there enough time for all of that to occur and still spend a bit of time at the lounge? Yes there should be.

Just be sure you'll qualify for access to the TBIT lounge... Access rules are strictly enforced there; in recent times they were even making up their own rules, and may still turn you away due to "overcrowding" if you're not departing from TBIT.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by Col Ronson
I think its interesting that the QF lounge uses Caroma toilets, which is an Australian company. I guess USA made toilets wern't good enough for them haha
No reflection on US made toilets intended - Qantas just wants Yanks to get used to the counterclockwise flush while safely ensconced in their familiar home environment. Much easier to come to terms with at TBIT rather than the Qantas Club in SYD while suffering jet lag/sleep deprivation and just after a first encounter with Vegemite during the pre-arrival breakfast service. There is only so much culture shock an American can be expected to deal with in a short space of time.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Microwave
Just be sure you'll qualify for access to the TBIT lounge... Access rules are strictly enforced there; in recent times they were even making up their own rules, and may still turn you away due to "overcrowding" if you're not departing from TBIT.
I believe full re-education has been provided to the the QF lounge staff. (Eight weeks ago they were incorrectly told to deny access to any passenger on an AA flight out of LAX.)

Given richh1833 is a Qantas Platinum (*O Emerald) they should have no issues accessing either TBIT lounge if they are departing LAX on an AA flight (and have their Qantas frequent flyer number in the booking).
Old Dec 3, 2015, 5:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Originally Posted by Microwave
Assuming you're both arriving into and departing from T4, you will indeed have to leave T4, clear security at TBIT, then leave TBIT and reclear security at T4. Is there enough time for all of that to occur and still spend a bit of time at the lounge? Yes there should be.

May be a dumb question, but how do you leave TBIT? Can you just walk out through baggage claim like a domestic? No need for customs etc?
Old Dec 3, 2015, 6:34 am

I believe full re-education has been provided to the the QF lounge staff. (Eight weeks ago they were incorrectly told to deny access to any passenger on an AA flight out of LAX.)

Given richh1833 is a Qantas Platinum (*O Emerald) they should have no issues accessing either TBIT lounge if they are departing LAX on an AA flight (and have their Qantas frequent flyer number in the booking).
So... the point stands.

Originally Posted by ESFLYER95
May be a dumb question, but how do you leave TBIT? Can you just walk out through baggage claim like a domestic? No need for customs etc?
Correct: TBIT is set up to handle both domestic and international traffic, so it's quite easy to leave like any domestic arriving passenger would.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 12:08 pm

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Anyone have success getting into the lounge as a AA EXP arriving international and departing on AA domestic?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.