Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounges

Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

See AA T-4 - LAX TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 for airside access via the secure airside connector.

Qantas International First Lounge
Open daily: 06:30 - 23:30 [currently closed] QF F Lounge has REOPENED as of SEP 2022.

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (7)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated first departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.

oneworld Los Angeles Lounge
Open daily: 14:00 - 20:45

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (9)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated business or first departing in, or connecting from, business or first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in business or first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Sapphire or Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Print Wikipost

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Old Oct 30, 2015, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier
did anyone email email Benjamin and get a response?
From the other guy. They recognize the email didnt quite cover the actual policy and are revising guidance to staff.

I assume with a large, bold, underlined warning DO NOT DISTRIBUTE EMAILS TO THE PUBLIC.

I did not ask for nor receive a policy statement. (as I cannot imagine anyone at that level sending it to me)
Old Oct 30, 2015, 5:25 pm

So do they mean int'l per normal definitions, or AA's definition of non-North America?
e.g. would an aa explat have access flying YVR-LAX-JFK on AA, separate tickets, same day?
Old Oct 30, 2015, 6:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by yerffej201
So do they mean int'l per normal definitions, or AA's definition of non-North America?
e.g. would an aa explat have access flying YVR-LAX-JFK on AA, separate tickets, same day?
On separate tickets, the passenger is not connecting, but ending one journey and starting another

The OneWorld website has a clear statement on this

Originally Posted by OW
American Airlines AAdvantageョ members and US Airways Dividend Miles members, regardless of their tier status or class of travel, are not eligible for lounge access when travelling solely on North American flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean
so even on the same ticketed itinerary, no reason to expect access

( of course according to the email referenced, the only international location is Australia )
Old Oct 30, 2015, 7:16 pm

Data point: visited earlier this month as a non-AAdvantage Sapphire flying AA Y LAX-YVR. Was initially denied entry, but was let in with a sigh after a bit of back and forth when I pointed out oneworld rules.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 8:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Today, I came to the oneworld business lounge as a non-AA Sapphire on a domestic itinerary. I was denied access, and they would not listen as I read to them the rules.

They said "AA doesn't pay its bills..." even though I am a Qantas elite...

Then they said "Nobody knows this yet but this won't be a oneworld lounge any longer..."

They were incredibly rude and at one point threatened to call security on me. Even though I think I had the rules right...
Old Nov 1, 2015, 9:24 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by stvr
Then they said "Nobody knows this yet but this won't be a oneworld lounge any longer..."
I wonder what the other OW airlines will have to say about that.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 5:06 am

Programs: QF Plat, BA GGL, VA Silver, SQ Gold, IHG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by stvr
They said "AA doesn't pay its bills..." even though I am a Qantas elite...
I believe in the oneworld alliance, the operating carrier pays for entry. I've had a number of staff at both QF and AA from various lounges tell me this. Most notably when US merged with AA, the US staff were just getting used to billing the operating carrier instead of the elite's home carrier.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why don't they have a computer system that allows them to enter the person's status, on what airline they have status and what they are flying and then it tells them yes/no?
Old Nov 6, 2015, 12:25 pm

Programs: dont matter anymore...
Another datapoint:

I'm EXP. Arrived today from GRU connecting to TN to PPT (probably irrelevant but booked as AA codeshare).

Was told by the J lounge I would not have access to the F lounge as its "quantas only". Didn't want to argue so hung out and the J lounge for a bit then ventured down to the F lounge. The man dragon informed me he would "make an exception" because I'm not traveling out on a OW airline. Go figure.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by flipside
Another datapoint:

I'm EXP. Arrived today from GRU connecting to TN to PPT (probably irrelevant but booked as AA codeshare).

Was told by the J lounge I would not have access to the F lounge as its "quantas only". Didn't want to argue so hung out and the J lounge for a bit then ventured down to the F lounge. The man dragon informed me he would "make an exception" because I'm not traveling out on a OW airline. Go figure.
Why would you have access to the F lounge? TN isn't OW, so that doesn't get you in. Were you traveling in J? Does TN contract with QF for lounge access at LAX? (their website doesn't mention a lounge by name for LAX)
Old Nov 9, 2015, 4:37 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Oneworld clarifies Qantas lounge access rules in Los Angeles

A few lines from this article which is well worth reading:

“We have been liaising with Qantas and have asked them to remind their colleagues at Los Angeles of the oneworld lounge access rules – which they tell us has now been done."
"We do also make clear that some lounges may get busy at peak times, and access to them may be restricted as a result.”
Old Nov 9, 2015, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
It will be interesting to see if Qantas offers any sort of apology to those they turned away - especially for any cases where they called the police. Though only those people have a chance of proving that they were wronged!
Old Nov 9, 2015, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
Why would you have access to the F lounge? TN isn't OW, so that doesn't get you in. Were you traveling in J? Does TN contract with QF for lounge access at LAX? (their website doesn't mention a lounge by name for LAX)
Right, it seems that arrival on GRU-LAX wouldn't qualify, as the OneWorld rules require the elite member to be departing on a OW marketed and operated flight.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by MADPhil
It will be interesting to see if Qantas offers any sort of apology to those they turned away - especially for any cases where they called the police. Though only those people have a chance of proving that they were wronged!
This was such a cluster of a situation, I hope QF dealt with the author of that email with incorrect information harshly. There shouldn't be any room for that level of ineptness.

As for the contracted lounge attendants who became "emboldened" by the their perceived power to call the police, I hope they're replaced. If they can't talk down a situation (even if it's in accordance to the policy they thought they knew), and instead always just fall back to threats of punitive action, then maybe they shouldn't be in a customer-facing position.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 8:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by tom911
Oneworld clarifies Qantas lounge access rules in Los Angeles

A few lines from this article which is well worth reading:
Nice.

Not that it offers any additional info on the subject (it just covers that same article) but visibility-wise, will help a bit, onemileatatime covered in today as well:
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...ge-lax-access/

Originally Posted by IceTrojan
This was such a cluster of a situation, I hope QF dealt with the author of that email with incorrect information harshly. There shouldn't be any room for that level of ineptness.

As for the contracted lounge attendants who became "emboldened" by the their perceived power to call the police, I hope they're replaced. If they can't talk down a situation (even if it's in accordance to the policy they thought they knew), and instead always just fall back to threats of punitive action, then maybe they shouldn't be in a customer-facing position.
Agree absolutely.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.