Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounges

Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

See AA T-4 - LAX TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 for airside access via the secure airside connector.

Qantas International First Lounge
Open daily: 06:30 - 23:30 [currently closed] QF F Lounge has REOPENED as of SEP 2022.

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (7)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated first departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.

oneworld Los Angeles Lounge
Open daily: 14:00 - 20:45

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (9)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated business or first departing in, or connecting from, business or first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in business or first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Sapphire or Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Print Wikipost

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2015, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
The AA website and access policy is a little contradictory, but this is a Qantas Lounge ...

• Any one on an AA or other OW Domestic flight, originating their journey in LAX regardless of status or cabin to be flown, does NOT have access to the Qantas First or Business Lounges.
That excerpt contravenes Qantas' own published rules:
Lounge Locations | North America | Los Angeles International Airport Tom Bradley Terminal | International Business

Eligible oneworld Status

Emerald
Next onward flight that day must be on a oneworld operated and marketed flight.#
One guest allowed and must be travelling on a oneworld operated and marketed flight.#

Sapphire
Next onward flight that day must be on a oneworld operated and marketed flight.#
One guest allowed and must be travelling on a oneworld operated and marketed flight.#
and

Eligible Qantas Members
Platinum One Frequent Flyer
Next onward flight must be on a Qantas, Jetstar Airlines+ or oneworld operated and marketed flight.#
One guest allowed and must be travelling with the member on the same flight.

Platinum Frequent Flyer
Next onward flight must be on a Qantas, Jetstar Airlines+ or oneworld operated and marketed flight.#

Gold Frequent Flyer

Next onward flight that day must be on a Qantas, Jetstar Airlines+ or oneworld operated and marketed flight.#

Qantas Club Member
Next onward flight that day must be a Qantas, or Jetstar Airlines+ flight number.
One guest allowed and must be travelling with the member on the same flight.[/TD]
+ Jetstar refers to Jetstar (JQ), Jetstar Asia (3K) and Valuair (VF).
# A oneworld marketed flight refers to a flight with a oneworld flight number, eg QF1 or AA222. A oneworld operated flight refers to the actual aircraft or 'metal' on which you fly, eg Finnair aircraft.
Note: Complimentary invitations cannot be used in the Los Angeles oneworld lounge.
The only thing not referred to on the Qantas page there is the oneworld caveat for AAdvantage Elites:
American Airlines AAdvantage® members and US Airways Dividend Miles members, regardless of their tier status or class of travel, are not eligible for lounge access when travelling solely on North American flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean.

Last edited by serfty; Oct 29, 2015 at 10:59 pm
Old Oct 29, 2015, 4:29 pm

Programs: Qantas, American Airlines, Hyatt, Accor
The only thing missing from the email is "how we will provide adequate compensation to those eligible parties who are wrongly excluded from the lounge and have their experience diluted".
I hope Mr. "Redacted" participates in his own training on lounge entrants as per "When I return from Sydney in a couple of weeks we will hold some team briefings and training sessions so that we are ready when the connector tunnel opens between T4 and TBIT. "
Old Oct 29, 2015, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Unfortunately, for many USA residents, AA IS oneworld and can be used interchangeably.

Most of these 'early' morning PAX travelling AA would indeed likely be AAdvantage elite travelling domestic and indeed do not have access.

They would see many more AAdvantage elites trying to use the lounge than non AA *O elites; so the letter would liekly be correct most of the time.

They seem to have thrown the baby out (in the form of non AA *O elites) with the bathwater ...
Old Oct 29, 2015, 4:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If you are holding an AA ticket and believe that you should have had access, you complaint is to AA. OW is simply a marketing alliance and you aren't a QF customer.

But, it does appear that OP should not have had access and thus, his complaint to AA will fail.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 4:51 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by bse118
That email refers to the lounge as a "Qantas lounge." Raising a interesting question: it's a OneWorld Lounge operated by Qantas, but does that make it a "Qantas lounge" as far as rules are concerned?

Also, isn't it against FT policy to publish/post employee names (as that email does)?
Iirc, the oneworld Business lounge is operated by Qantas; the First lounge is a Qantas First lounge.

Given this e-mail is openly circulated and shared, the privacy point may have been lost when they chose to go that route. Nonetheless, it has been edited to comply with FT Rules.

Last edited by JDiver; Oct 29, 2015 at 4:58 pm
Old Oct 29, 2015, 5:49 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum; Hilton Diamond
As a data point, I flew PVG-LAX-ATL on 9/7/15 as an AA Platinum (thus OW Sapphire) in J with a 4 hour layover at LAX. The counter person initially denied me access based on the fact that the lounge was accessible only on *departing* and *international* OW flights. I fussed and they "made a one time exception." But I'm pretty sure that my itinerary qualified.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 6:09 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
oneworld Lounge at LAX (access denied for domestic AA - to merge)

I was flying LAX-LHR in Y as EXP a month ago on AA. I wandered over to TBIT and had a lovely dinner in the F lounge there.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So on an itinerary HKG-LAX-MIA flying CX in J on same day connection, do I get access to the OneWorld lounge? Lowly AA Gold here.

I think my itinerary qualifies though I suspect it may not be automatic.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Originally Posted by jamespvg
Unless I'm missing something, this is obviously incorrect with regard to non-AA Emeralds and Sapphires on domestic flights.
Right. This is concerning as the gentleman who sent the email has obviously neglected this scenario. Will not be happy if I get wrongfully denied entrance here.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Happy
So on an itinerary HKG-LAX-MIA flying CX in J on same day connection, do I get access to the OneWorld lounge? Lowly AA Gold here.

I think my itinerary qualifies though I suspect it may not be automatic.
Do you really want to clear custums, enter TBIT, go to OW lounge, leave TBIT, then go clear security at T4 for your MIA flight?
Old Oct 29, 2015, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Do you really want to clear custums, enter TBIT, go to OW lounge, leave TBIT, then go clear security at T4 for your MIA flight?
AA has been using TBIT for some domestic flights, primarily Transcon to MIA and MCO fwiw. Unless AA opens up the 10am departure, I currently have 4 hours to kill. Also T4 there is Precheck, as well as priority lane.

Besides, the tunnel connecting TBIT and T4 should be operational soon.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Point of order it will not be a tunnel. :-)

I thought you were talking about a flight very soon.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Point of order it will not be a tunnel. :-)

I thought you were talking about a flight very soon.
No. Travel is a few months out. I stumbled on this thread and was curious about how QF would distribute such an internal email to deny access when the email was wrong in several areas.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Oh it gets better actually.

As an OW Emerald/AA EXP, the Qantas First Lounge denied this itinerary:

LAX-ORD-PVG, all direct connections on one calendar day.

They pulled the "no domestic flights" canard. I had the ORD-PVG boarding pass in my hand and they claimed it was still domestic, international connections didn't count.

The Flagship lounge in T4 was quite surprised when I relayed this to them.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by TxH2O
Oh it gets better actually.

As an OW Emerald/AA EXP, the Qantas First Lounge denied this itinerary:

LAX-ORD-PVG, all direct connections on one calendar day.

They pulled the "no domestic flights" canard. I had the ORD-PVG boarding pass in my hand and they claimed it was still domestic, international connections didn't count.

The Flagship lounge in T4 was quite surprised when I relayed this to them.
Then use the Flagship Lounge.

QF's rules are quite clear. If you are on a domestic flight irrespective of international connections, you cannot use the lounge. If you were departing LAX-PVG on AA, then yes you can use the lounge.

QF's lounge. QF's rules.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.