Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

PHL / Philadelphia Admirals Clubs & Lounges (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2015, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
HOURS: Current hours for all PHL Admirals Clubs are posted on aa.com here.

Admirals Club, Terminal A East
LOCATION: After clearing security at the Terminal A-East checkpoint, continue straight ahead. The lounge is located on the right side.

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • PCs with Internet Access

Admirals Club, Terminal A West
LOCATION: Terminal A West, mezzanine level between Gates A15 and A16.
CLOSED September 2019 for conversion to Flagship Lounge

Admirals Club - Terminal B / C
LOCATION: Third floor between B and C terminals. Access via escalator at center of food court, or elevator on concourse B side

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Complimentary light food, beverages and alcohol
  • Food for Purchase
  • Conference Room

Admirals Club - Terminal F

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Complimentary light food, beverages and alcohol
  • Food for Purchase

British Airways Galleries Club Lounge and First Lounge (Restricted Access)
HOURS: Daily 15:15 to 20:20

NOTE: Access to Galleries First Lounge is restricted to Emerald members or those travelling in intercontinental) First Class.

Galleries Club (Business) and First Lounges restricted to BA, QR and oneworld Sapphire and Emerald traveling qualifying oneworld flights. (See here for oneworld access criteria). Admirals Club members do not have access unless meeting above criteria.

Access to both lounges is often capacity managed prioritising those travelling on BA services to LHR and QR services to DOH. As the BA flights are premium heavy, oneworld Sapphire and Emerald passengers travelling on AA flights may be directed to the Admirals Club
Print Wikipost

PHL / Philadelphia Admirals Clubs & Lounges (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2022, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by Smiley90
What are the odds the Flagship lounge is open by Christmas? Trying to decide on a routing to Europe and while I usually avoid PHL like the plague, a flagship lounge MIGHT entice me otherwise...
I think AA will bring back Concorde or pigs will fly before this thing is open by Christmas. Asked recently while at PHL and nobody knew.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 2:35 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by brewdog11
I think AA will bring back Concorde or pigs will fly before this thing is open by Christmas. Asked recently while at PHL and nobody knew.
Very curious as to the possibility AA puts an A321T or two on the schedule for it's PHL-LAX route if the FL (ever) opens. Probably very unlikely, but this would be a dream come true.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 3:21 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Smiley90
What are the odds the Flagship lounge is open by Christmas? Trying to decide on a routing to Europe and while I usually avoid PHL like the plague, a flagship lounge MIGHT entice me otherwise...
PHL seems to have generally been deprioritized. I’m not banking on the FL ever opening.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by FlyFreakquently
Very curious as to the possibility AA puts an A321T or two on the schedule for it's PHL-LAX route if the FL (ever) opens. Probably very unlikely, but this would be a dream come true.
I don't think they'll ever do better than a daily widebody, if that even returns (complete guess, but I think it would depend on more TPAC traffic returning to LAX, since presumably they'd be sending it out there to go international; also depends on AA getting more widebodies in general). As far as I can tell, they only put the A321T on BOS-LAX because they have a few spare planes due to cutting back on JFK-LAX frequency (from ~12 daily pre-pandemic to 9 now; I think they cut JFK-SFO frequencies as well but I'm too lazy to check). If anything, I think they'll cut the 321T from BOS-LAX if and when they increase the JFK-LAX/SFO frequencies back to pre-pandemic since they'll need the planes. Of course, with the B6 partnership, maybe they don't need the same frequencies as before. Additionally, they seem to like having the routes be all A321T or none at all (i.e., all the BOS-LAX flights right now are A321T, same as JFK-LAX/SFO), and they probably don't have enough planes to cover the 5/6 daily PHL-LAX flights (currently 5x daily, increasing to 6x daily over then summer, then who knows), in addition to lacking the demand. So either way, the odds of that ever happening seem slim to none, as much as I'd like to see it (since I tend to do PHL-LAX at least once a year).

As for the FL, I've given up hope. I feel like there's a 50% chance we never hear of it again or a 50% chance it opens on a random Tuesday without any forewarning.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by brewdog11
Originally Posted by hp12c
PHL seems to have generally been deprioritized. I’m not banking on the FL ever opening.
womp womp, good to know. Off to keep avoiding PHL I go!
Old Apr 3, 2022, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I think it was a month ago that the PHL AC hostess mentioned that the FL was "opening soon," but I always give that a grain of salt. Seems like PHL has enough international to support a FL, but it's doubtful at this point that we'll get Flagship First like we have for LAX-JFK/BOX for the few that fly transcon into PHL which just really sucks; AA did do the 787's for LAX-PHL in Q4 2021, I took a few of them, and they were great plane for redeyes. On the flip side, AA just has a stranglehold on PHL, no one has as much presence after COVID, so why spend money to compete against no one? Makes sense to deprioritize when you don't even serve alcohol in MC.
LovePrunes likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 3:53 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
There was a daily PHL-LAX A330 for years pre-COVID, there are still some MIA-PHL 787's, and they had PHL-LAS 787's on and off until early this year. I think they have one PHL-DFW. In all cases,there are probably return routes but I'm mostly citing the ones I've taken. If they wanted, I guess they could fly some 787's and designate them Flagship Business.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 10:17 am

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Originally Posted by FlyFreakquently
With respect to those who live in the area, I can't see an A321T being financially viable for them, they won't sell enough J/F in that market - its very much a Spirit/Frontier demographic.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
Re opening FL in PHL is very sketchy. We have 2 TATL in the next 60 days out of there. My plan is Centurion for both, until 2023, then avoid PHL like the plague.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 7:39 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium
Any recent reports on crowding in the lounges restricting day pass use? I have a 3ish hour layover in PHL on a Friday mid/late-July.

Not usually one to buy day passes, but it's looking to be a long travel day--being dropped off at TPA early (family member is driving us on their way to work), then the connection in PHL, and possibly a wait for a friend to deal with after work traffic to pick us up in BOS so I could potentially get 3 visits off of one day pass...seems like it would be worth it. I would hate though to buy a pass in TPA for it to be closed due to capacity in PHL.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Not sure of day pass status, but 2 of 4 lounges are still closed…
Old Jun 28, 2022, 7:56 am

Programs: AA EXP / HH Diamond
I did not see any signage on a recent Sunday (6/12/22) trip that said passes weren't honored, but the B/C lounge was packed, with people sitting on the floor (usually younger traveling with others). The Centurion lounge, at the same time, had about a 30 minute wait, but seemed to go much quicker once getting on their list. No idea how the F club was.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Flyer78
I did not see any signage on a recent Sunday (6/12/22) trip that said passes weren't honored, but the B/C lounge was packed, with people sitting on the floor (usually younger traveling with others). The Centurion lounge, at the same time, had about a 30 minute wait, but seemed to go much quicker once getting on their list. No idea how the F club was.
Based on how filthy the carpet is in B/C you wouldn't catch me letting my worst enemies sit on that floor. I cannot believe just how terrible that club is, it should be a royal embarrassment to American Airlines.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA(PPro), UA, AGR, BW(Plat), HH, WoH, MB(S)
Last month I asked in the B-C club about the A-West club situation. They said expect the 3rd Quarter of NEXT year (2023). Suggested a typical PHL fiasco. Work was just underway when COVID hit. All work was stopped. Then, before work could be restarted, the building permits expired. So, permitting back to square one. Due to its location, the A-West club needs two permits for each type of work - one from Philadelphia and a second from Tinicum, Delaware County (the airport is in both municipalities). Anyone who has had to get building permits in the Philly area knows how much fun that can be. Multiply by two. She said work has restarted, but still in the demo phase (back then).
PHLondoner and BWISkyGuy like this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by ChurnieEls
With respect to those who live in the area, I can't see an A321T being financially viable for them, they won't sell enough J/F in that market - its very much a Spirit/Frontier demographic.
Depending on which metric, Philadelphia has either the 19th or 34th largest city GDP on the planet. Ahead of Atlanta, Miami, Seattle, and Milan; similar to Hong Kong and Toronto. But yeah, just a bunch of Spirit and Frontier yokels here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_by_GDP
haveric, travelmad478 and RichieMc like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.