Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

PHL / Philadelphia Admirals Clubs & Lounges (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2015, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
HOURS: Current hours for all PHL Admirals Clubs are posted on aa.com here.

Admirals Club, Terminal A East
LOCATION: After clearing security at the Terminal A-East checkpoint, continue straight ahead. The lounge is located on the right side.

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • PCs with Internet Access

Admirals Club, Terminal A West
LOCATION: Terminal A West, mezzanine level between Gates A15 and A16.
CLOSED September 2019 for conversion to Flagship Lounge

Admirals Club - Terminal B / C
LOCATION: Third floor between B and C terminals. Access via escalator at center of food court, or elevator on concourse B side

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Complimentary light food, beverages and alcohol
  • Food for Purchase
  • Conference Room

Admirals Club - Terminal F

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Complimentary light food, beverages and alcohol
  • Food for Purchase

British Airways Galleries Club Lounge and First Lounge (Restricted Access)
HOURS: Daily 15:15 to 20:20

NOTE: Access to Galleries First Lounge is restricted to Emerald members or those travelling in intercontinental) First Class.

Galleries Club (Business) and First Lounges restricted to BA, QR and oneworld Sapphire and Emerald traveling qualifying oneworld flights. (See here for oneworld access criteria). Admirals Club members do not have access unless meeting above criteria.

Access to both lounges is often capacity managed prioritising those travelling on BA services to LHR and QR services to DOH. As the BA flights are premium heavy, oneworld Sapphire and Emerald passengers travelling on AA flights may be directed to the Admirals Club
Print Wikipost

PHL / Philadelphia Admirals Clubs & Lounges (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2019, 10:27 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Who designs a network in 2019 with poor pre-flight charging in a premium club I am paying for and no power on your flight?
AL dba AA.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 2:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Originally Posted by perseus11
You do realize that New Yorkers take every opportunity to trash ANYTHING Philadelphia. It's part of their culture
LGA. That's all I have to say about NYC.
asnovici likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 6:20 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Originally Posted by Segments
Try also looking on the sides of those tables. Usually the tables along the walkway has an outlet and sometimes the corner tables. Plus check the multiple cubicles / business workspaces. Often those seats fill up last. Yes, lack of power at the tables in bistro seating area or random chairs is an annoyance. This lounge hasn’t been updated in years and won’t be until after Flagship remodel in terminal A.

There's also outlets underneath the bar.
Segments likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 10:27 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
A-East was also standing room only and not allowing anymore people in.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 6:07 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
I was in A-East today... pleasantly not crowded for a change. One of the benefits of flying on Amateur Week I guess.

Anyway, I was talking to one of the AC attendants who said that the Flagship lounge is taking over the entire space in the old A-West club. In other words no regular AC membership access there. If true, that would be terrible - it would leave PHL with only one “real” Admirals Club. The mini-clubs in A-East and F are always tight and don’t have all amenities. I am hoping she was misinformed.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 11:53 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
I was in A-East today... pleasantly not crowded for a change. One of the benefits of flying on Amateur Week I guess.

Anyway, I was talking to one of the AC attendants who said that the Flagship lounge is taking over the entire space in the old A-West club. In other words no regular AC membership access there. If true, that would be terrible - it would leave PHL with only one “real” Admirals Club. The mini-clubs in A-East and F are always tight and don’t have all amenities. I am hoping she was misinformed.
That's what I was assuming... Considering it never had more than a service pantry, a hot food prep kitchen needs to be added, plus showers which also need laundry storage in addition. Adding those items to the "half" that was once the Envoy Lounge wouldn't leave much seating area when they're done.

Agree that doesn't leave much AC regular capacity anywhere in A. I don't think there is much they can do to A-East. IIRC, B/C was downsized back in the mid-00's by creating office space on the east side. I imagine that could be reversed if they needed overall capacity, but that doesn't help the situation in A much.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 11:18 am

After the Flagship Lounge opens at PHL - does AA have any plans to offer the Flagship First Check-in service here?
Old Dec 4, 2019, 4:08 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
It's not much space but could they take over the BA lounge for an AC space as surely the Flagship Lounge would be far better for BA passengers than what they have now?
Old Dec 4, 2019, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by PHLondoner
After the Flagship Lounge opens at PHL - does AA have any plans to offer the Flagship First Check-in service here?
Given that there's no 3-class F service to anywhere from PHL I highly doubt it.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 11:38 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
It's not much space but could they take over the BA lounge for an AC space as surely the Flagship Lounge would be far better for BA passengers than what they have now?
I think there are a number of problems with this:
(1) There are a number of people eligible to use the BA lounge but not the Flagship Lounge (pretty much anyone traveling in Business on BA with no status on AA or perhaps anyone with Emerald status traveling on BA at all).
(2) IME The BA lounge probably has better has better alcohol that than the Flagship Lounge
(3) There are BA passengers who are probably BA snobs and BA wants to cater to them
Old Dec 4, 2019, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by stc
I think there are a number of problems with this:
(1) There are a number of people eligible to use the BA lounge but not the Flagship Lounge (pretty much anyone traveling in Business on BA with no status on AA or perhaps anyone with Emerald status traveling on BA at all).
(2) IME The BA lounge probably has better has better alcohol that than the Flagship Lounge
(3) There are BA passengers who are probably BA snobs and BA wants to cater to them
Anyone travelling in Business on BA from PHL will be eligible to use the Flagship lounge regardless of status. As will anyone with Sapphire or Emerald status travelling on BA from PHL regardless of cabin.
DMPHL likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Anyone travelling in Business on BA from PHL will be eligible to use the Flagship lounge regardless of status.
But hopefully AAgents will still turn those pax away for at least a couple years as a return favor for the BA lounge folks consistently deciding not to honor Oneworld rules. Would only be fair.
stc and Ldnn1 like this.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Renderings of the Philadelphia AA Flagship Lounge published today by Gary Leff... https://viewfromthewing.com/first-re...agship-lounge/

QtownDave likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 10:27 pm

Programs: BA GfL
No doubt it will open just as soon as Mr. travelmad478 finally moves to New Orleans and I have no more reason to fly in and out of PHL all the time.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 10:28 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Questions about lounge admittance policies are best suited for our Help Desk thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...l#post31874088

Also, a quick reminder that cross-posting is not permitted per FT rules: https://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#crossposting

Thank you! /Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.