Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

PHL / Philadelphia Admirals Clubs & Lounges (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2015, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
HOURS: Current hours for all PHL Admirals Clubs are posted on aa.com here.

Admirals Club, Terminal A East
LOCATION: After clearing security at the Terminal A-East checkpoint, continue straight ahead. The lounge is located on the right side.

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • PCs with Internet Access

Admirals Club, Terminal A West
LOCATION: Terminal A West, mezzanine level between Gates A15 and A16.
CLOSED September 2019 for conversion to Flagship Lounge

Admirals Club - Terminal B / C
LOCATION: Third floor between B and C terminals. Access via escalator at center of food court, or elevator on concourse B side

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Complimentary light food, beverages and alcohol
  • Food for Purchase
  • Conference Room

Admirals Club - Terminal F

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Complimentary light food, beverages and alcohol
  • Food for Purchase

British Airways Galleries Club Lounge and First Lounge (Restricted Access)
HOURS: Daily 15:15 to 20:20

NOTE: Access to Galleries First Lounge is restricted to Emerald members or those travelling in intercontinental) First Class.

Galleries Club (Business) and First Lounges restricted to BA, QR and oneworld Sapphire and Emerald traveling qualifying oneworld flights. (See here for oneworld access criteria). Admirals Club members do not have access unless meeting above criteria.

Access to both lounges is often capacity managed prioritising those travelling on BA services to LHR and QR services to DOH. As the BA flights are premium heavy, oneworld Sapphire and Emerald passengers travelling on AA flights may be directed to the Admirals Club
Print Wikipost

PHL / Philadelphia Admirals Clubs & Lounges (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2019, 10:27 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Probably worth looking here - Refused Lounge entry at PHL
Old Apr 25, 2019, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by LAX_Esq
I'm AA PLT flying AA metal in Y, which means my wife and I *should* be entitled to use the BA lounge. If they try to turn me away and I politely insist, will they back down?
The answer in my experience is that it's a flip of a coin. I've been let in without a batted eyelash on nights when it was fairly full, and refused entry when there wasn't a soul inside. It just depends on how much or little of a power trip the agent is on at the time.
stc likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by arlflyer
The answer in my experience is that it's a flip of a coin. I've been let in without a batted eyelash on nights when it was fairly full, and refused entry when there wasn't a soul inside. It just depends on how much or little of a power trip the agent is on at the time.

Possibly due to the anticipated arrival/departure of a BA 747 within 2 hours or less of your attempt. It's been previously posted several times that non-BA entry is controlled, based on "forecasted" capacity.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by perseus11
Possibly due to the anticipated arrival/departure of a BA 747 within 2 hours or less of your attempt. It's been previously posted several times that non-BA entry is controlled, based on "forecasted" capacity.
I understand their written line; that doesn't mean it's a logical one.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 8:09 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, HH Diamond, Fairmont RIP, Hertz Plat, BA Gold
I understand their written line; that doesn't mean it's a logical one.
What's not logical about it? They know what aircraft is flying the route that day and what the potential number of visitors to the lounge will be. Perhaps you were let in when the 777 was flying or a low J 747. When the hi-J 747 is flying, there are potentially 100 Club and FIRST passengers on the flight. Once you add in Silver and Gold card holders flying in E+ or Y and their guests, the lounge could be packed to the gills. It may look empty at 3pm but they know what is coming. I'm entitled to access to the BA lounge on AA domestic flights because of my BA status, but I've been turned away due to capacity control. So, it's not just AA members being turned away during peak or potential peak times. This is well within OneWorld rules for lounge access.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by FFMilesJunkie
What's not logical about it?
The fact that they won't let someone into an empty lounge for 30 minutes well before any pax related to said flights start to arrive...

I've been in that lounge enough to know it's not a life-changing experience, just not a big fan of agents being unwilling to honor the spirit of an alliance in a situation where there clearly will be no conflict. The fact that there are very long standalone threads on this matter in both the AA and BA forums suggest that I'm not the only one who feels somewhat similarly.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 8:38 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Since the Flagship lounge is all held up at PHL for the time being I think AA should move forward with upgrading the A-West AC amenities to offer flagship level food options, liquor and beverages. Granted the lounge hard product will not be the same but doesn’t mean they can’t step up the soft product.

It’s unfathomable how long they are dragging their feet at their most important TATL hub. I believe PHL has the second largest number of international travelers on AA metal out of all hubs in the summer.

Last edited by golfingboy; Apr 26, 2019 at 9:04 am
Old Apr 26, 2019, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by golfingboy
Since the Flagship lounge is all held up at PHL for the time being I think AA should move forward with upgrading the A-West AC amenities to offer flagship level food options, liquor and beverages. Granted the lounge hard product will not be the same but doesn’t mean they can’t step up the soft product.
Would love to see this. Especially given that the lounge is already split in half, complete with a separate desk and F&B setup (though no bar). Would not seem to be a big lift to turn that half into a more premium offering.

Though then again those flights are mostly leisure travelers doing summer holidays (the new and seasonal flights are almost all leisure routes) so maybe they don't see these customers as high value or discerning. Even n J, it is a lot of one off river cruiser types, rather than business travelers. This might be AA's reasoning (not mine, I am all for more nice lounges!).
Old Apr 26, 2019, 1:30 pm

Duplicate.
Old May 6, 2019, 6:16 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As of today, May 6, 2019, the PHL Terminal A East Admirals Club is closed for refurbishment.
Old May 6, 2019, 6:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JDiver
As of today, May 6, 2019, the PHL Terminal A East Admirals Club is closed for refurbishment.
For how long and what are they refurbishing? If you know....
Old May 7, 2019, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by JDiver
Originally Posted by QtownDave
For how long and what are they refurbishing? If you know....
Given the amount of international traffic AA is pushing through PHL and the absence of a premium lounge (definitely not considering the BA space), one can only dream that it is to convert to an FL...(per my begging post immediately above)
Old May 7, 2019, 6:51 am

Programs: AA EXP

Given the amount of international traffic AA is pushing through PHL and the absence of a premium lounge (definitely not considering the BA space), one can only dream that it is to convert to an FL...(per my begging post immediately above)
They're supposed to be converting a large portion of the A-West AC into a Flagship Lounge, so I imagine it's just a standard cosmetic upgrade.
Old May 7, 2019, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by DMPHL
They're supposed to be converting a large portion of the A-West AC into a Flagship Lounge
I had always thought that to be the logical step, but given that they haven’t moved on it one bit, maybe they’ve decided to go with a stand-alone space instead? Obviously reallly doing a lot of wishful thinking here!!!
Old May 7, 2019, 7:03 am
Suspended

The Flagship was supposedly delayed and the club looks fine so not sure what they could be doing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.