Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

PHL / Philadelphia Admirals Clubs & Lounges (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2015, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
HOURS: Current hours for all PHL Admirals Clubs are posted on aa.com here.

Admirals Club, Terminal A East
LOCATION: After clearing security at the Terminal A-East checkpoint, continue straight ahead. The lounge is located on the right side.

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • PCs with Internet Access

Admirals Club, Terminal A West
LOCATION: Terminal A West, mezzanine level between Gates A15 and A16.
CLOSED September 2019 for conversion to Flagship Lounge

Admirals Club - Terminal B / C
LOCATION: Third floor between B and C terminals. Access via escalator at center of food court, or elevator on concourse B side

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Complimentary light food, beverages and alcohol
  • Food for Purchase
  • Conference Room

Admirals Club - Terminal F

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Complimentary light food, beverages and alcohol
  • Food for Purchase

British Airways Galleries Club Lounge and First Lounge (Restricted Access)
HOURS: Daily 15:15 to 20:20

NOTE: Access to Galleries First Lounge is restricted to Emerald members or those travelling in intercontinental) First Class.

Galleries Club (Business) and First Lounges restricted to BA, QR and oneworld Sapphire and Emerald traveling qualifying oneworld flights. (See here for oneworld access criteria). Admirals Club members do not have access unless meeting above criteria.

Access to both lounges is often capacity managed prioritising those travelling on BA services to LHR and QR services to DOH. As the BA flights are premium heavy, oneworld Sapphire and Emerald passengers travelling on AA flights may be directed to the Admirals Club
Print Wikipost

PHL / Philadelphia Admirals Clubs & Lounges (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2019, 7:06 am

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by JDiver
As of today, May 6, 2019, the PHL Terminal A East Admirals Club is closed for refurbishment.
This club just opened around the time of the US/AA merger. That's a pretty short amount of time for needing a refurbishment already. Last time I was in there, the condition of the club was perfectly fine.
Old May 7, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Edit - GNRMatt beat me to it...
Old May 7, 2019, 7:25 am
Suspended

It actually was the US Envoy Club well before the merger.
Old May 7, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by QtownDave
It actually was the US Envoy Club well before the merger.
I think GNRMatt is talking about the A-East club. It used to be a DL SkyClub back in the day - when they moved to D, it sat, then reopened as a US Club during the HP/US days. It's small and always felt humid and damp down there.

A-West was an Envoy Club only before US/HP merger.
Old May 7, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by GNRMatt
This club just opened around the time of the US/AA merger. That's a pretty short amount of time for needing a refurbishment already. Last time I was in there, the condition of the club was perfectly fine.
The A East club used to be the OLD Envoy Lounge before A west was completed - say 2001 or so.
Old May 7, 2019, 9:57 am
Suspended

Oh my mistake. I thought it was WEST that was closed. Don’t think I’ve ever even been in EAST or knew it was there.
Old May 7, 2019, 11:46 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by QtownDave
For how long and what are they refurbishing? If you know....
The announcement didn’t specify, but AA tends, er, to not rush these things.
Old May 7, 2019, 10:51 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
For those who haven’t been to the A East lounge ... it’s tiny. Probably the smallest of any Admiral’s Club.
Old May 7, 2019, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by Segments
For those who haven’t been to the A East lounge ... it’s tiny. Probably the smallest of any Admiral’s Club.
Here's a photo for those who've never visited, but wish to evaluate its "tinyness" :
https://www.loungebuddy.com/PHL/amer...ource=homepage

Last edited by perseus11; May 8, 2019 at 12:02 am
Old May 12, 2019, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT 2.6MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Segments
Yes. AA moved their club there when they closed the one outside of security. Pre-merger.
Old May 12, 2019, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
Originally Posted by LAX_Esq
The Wiki says the BA lounge opens at 3pm, and the OW website says 4:15pm ( https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=PHL ). Anyone know which is correct?

I'm AA PLT flying AA metal in Y, which means my wife and I *should* be entitled to use the BA lounge. If they try to turn me away and I politely insist, will they back down?
Follow-up on this. Showed up to the BA lounge at around 3:15pm. It was completely empty. Lounge agent denied us access, stating that they were "expecting" full BA flights and that OW access is "subject to availability." I politely asked to speak to a supervisor, and the supervisor came out after a few minutes.

I politely but firmly attempted to make my case to the supervisor -- that they proudly display the OW Sapphire logo and the AA logo in the doorway, that nobody was in the lounge, that it's totally speculative that the lounge may or may not fill up at some later time (perhaps after we're already left), that pulling the "subject to availability" card is the sort of scammy fine print that is totally against the spirit of the OW rules. She just kept repeating that the OW website says access is subject to availability.

The supervisor was a good little corporate drone -- trained well enough to keep parroting the company line over and over, and not to lose her cool and escalate the situation... while sitting back until I either got bored of speaking to a brick wall (and gave up and walked away) or escalated the situation (so she could call security on me). I opted for the former, and we went over to the lame AC.

Shame on BA.
Old May 12, 2019, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by LAX_Esq
Follow-up on this. Showed up to the BA lounge at around 3:15pm. It was completely empty. Lounge agent denied us access, stating that they were "expecting" full BA flights and that OW access is "subject to availability." I politely asked to speak to a supervisor, and the supervisor came out after a few minutes.....................
Shame on BA.
Why the big surprise. A BA 747 and BA 777 were scheduled in/out within a 3 - 4 hour window of your arrival. Both have First and Club (Business) Class cabins. How would you feel if you had paid for a BA F (or even J) seat and couldn't get into the lounge, or use all of the lounge facilities, because it was full of AAs?
Old May 12, 2019, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
There any idea when the Flagship Lounge will open? Flying through in August, but given the amount of time it took AA to get the DFW FL up and running I'm not holding my breath...
Old May 12, 2019, 8:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
There any idea when the Flagship Lounge will open? Flying through in August, but given the amount of time it took AA to get the DFW FL up and running I'm not holding my breath...
Won’t be this year for sure. They probably won’t even start on it this year.
Old May 12, 2019, 10:16 pm

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
Originally Posted by perseus11
Why the big surprise. A BA 747 and BA 777 were scheduled in/out within a 3 - 4 hour window of your arrival. Both have First and Club (Business) Class cabins. How would you feel if you had paid for a BA F (or even J) seat and couldn't get into the lounge, or use all of the lounge facilities, because it was full of AAs?
Not sure I buy the "how would you feel if..." argument. I've been in plenty of overcrowded lounges with people I could deem as less deserving of being there than I was. Yeah, it annoys me when I've been in paid int'l F/J and the overcrowded AC is full of people who got in because they have a credit card. But the rules are the rules, and they're entitled to be there. The OW rules are that OW Sapphires get access to any OW Sapphire lounge, and it's scammy and against the spirit of the rules for BA to rely on some "subject to availability" fine print. If BA doesn't like the OW rules, maybe they should seek to change them or leave OW or expand their lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.