Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

PHL / Philadelphia Admirals Clubs & Lounges (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2015, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
HOURS: Current hours for all PHL Admirals Clubs are posted on aa.com here.

Admirals Club, Terminal A East
LOCATION: After clearing security at the Terminal A-East checkpoint, continue straight ahead. The lounge is located on the right side.

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • PCs with Internet Access

Admirals Club, Terminal A West
LOCATION: Terminal A West, mezzanine level between Gates A15 and A16.
CLOSED September 2019 for conversion to Flagship Lounge

Admirals Club - Terminal B / C
LOCATION: Third floor between B and C terminals. Access via escalator at center of food court, or elevator on concourse B side

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Complimentary light food, beverages and alcohol
  • Food for Purchase
  • Conference Room

Admirals Club - Terminal F

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Complimentary light food, beverages and alcohol
  • Food for Purchase

British Airways Galleries Club Lounge and First Lounge (Restricted Access)
HOURS: Daily 15:15 to 20:20

NOTE: Access to Galleries First Lounge is restricted to Emerald members or those travelling in intercontinental) First Class.

Galleries Club (Business) and First Lounges restricted to BA, QR and oneworld Sapphire and Emerald traveling qualifying oneworld flights. (See here for oneworld access criteria). Admirals Club members do not have access unless meeting above criteria.

Access to both lounges is often capacity managed prioritising those travelling on BA services to LHR and QR services to DOH. As the BA flights are premium heavy, oneworld Sapphire and Emerald passengers travelling on AA flights may be directed to the Admirals Club
Print Wikipost

PHL / Philadelphia Admirals Clubs & Lounges (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2024, 2:13 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Any word on the old A-East AC or is that project to renovate completely dead?

Last edited by airb330; Feb 9, 2024 at 2:20 pm
Old Mar 25, 2024, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by cova
Is the BA lounge in PHL still open?
If so, any update on access to BA lounge at PHL, for AA International J customers?

Is AA going to deny BA travelers access to AC club if BA closes?
Following this question, there was a fair bit of discussion concerning the supposed FL coming to Terminal A and the impact on the BA lounge, but nobody really answered the question about whether the BA lounge is open to AA Flagship Business customers. Does anybody know? Going ORD-PHL-BCN with our family tomorrow and have a long layover in PHL; my wife is in a wheelchair, so I don't really want be running all over the airport looking for a lounge. if this one is open to us, that's great. If not, I guess we'll do AC at the B/C Connector.

Thanks!

--Matt
Old Mar 25, 2024, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by mattvandyk
Following this question, there was a fair bit of discussion concerning the supposed FL coming to Terminal A and the impact on the BA lounge, but nobody really answered the question about whether the BA lounge is open to AA Flagship Business customers. Does anybody know? Going ORD-PHL-BCN with our family tomorrow and have a long layover in PHL; my wife is in a wheelchair, so I don't really want be running all over the airport looking for a lounge. if this one is open to us, that's great. If not, I guess we'll do AC at the B/C Connector.

Thanks!

--Matt
It is not open to you. According to the rules it is, but in reality it is not.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA EP, Delta G, Marriott lt P
Originally Posted by airb330
Any word on the old A-East AC or is that project to renovate completely dead?
I reached out to AA in January about the status of the club in A that's closed for conversion to Flagship and was told that it's scheduled to reopen as Flagship in "between 1 and 1/2 to 1 and 3/4 years."
Old Mar 25, 2024, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by spanishflea
Well, that is irritating. Thanks for the heads up. Appreciate it.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 3:05 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by spanishflea
I have the misfortune of flying internationally ex-PHL next week so I’ll give it a shot with the expectation that I’ll be turned away.

This Flagship Lounge can’t come soon enough. The Centurion is nice when it isn’t crowded, which is maybe 30% of the time, and the ACs just suck.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 8:09 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mattvandyk

Thanks!

--Matt
I traveled DCA to PHL to LIS and return in November 2023 in J as EXP. I used the BA lounge both on departure to LIS and on arrival to DCA on return.
It is a great lounge with a very nice buffet. Lounge holds over 100 people. They served Thanksgiving turkey for departure on Thanksgiving day.
However, at that time of the year and the day I traveled to LIS - the PHL-LIS departed at 7pm (the LIS flight departure varies by day). And the return flight to DCA was around 6pm.

All that said - the BA Lounge opening hours are to support BA 66 - which leaves at 7:35pm now and 6:35pm in November.
Hence the lounge (in Nov) opened at 3:30pm and closed about one before before BA flight time. Hence the BA lounge closed at 5:45pm. Everyone had to exit the lounge - so the lounge is only opened for just over 2 hours.

Since my flight to LIS was at 7pm - it was reasonable to allow me in. Likewise, upon arrival - my flight arrive just before lounge opened and my departing flight was when the lounge would close.

If you are on AA flight to PHL to BCN - the departure is 7:25pm. Now the flight departs at 7:15pm.

Update: Looks like PHL to BCN departs at 8:35pm tomorrow. Hence - if they let you in you will need to leave the lounge around 6:30pm when it will close. So do you want to go back to AA club?? The BA lounge is a little tight on aisle width throughout the lounge - so while a wheel chair should fit - it will be tight to manuever. But your call.

Assuming you are in J or are AA Plat/PP/EXP - you should be able to get in. Since flight departure time is about the same as the BA. But note the opening time is 3:30pm - it could be 4:00+ in April.
You will be limited to the 2 hours the lounge is open. Just be nice and remind the agent of your status and travel class. But being nice - give the impression you know the rules. But they won't let you in if your flight leaves at 10pm.

If you are on an AA flight that departs at 10pm - obviously it will be closed.

I had a long connection time - so I did AA Lounge (B/C), then the AmEx Lounge (crowded), then down to the BA lounge at 3:30pm when it opened.
sushanna1 and FlyFreakquently like this.

Last edited by cova; Mar 25, 2024 at 8:17 pm
Old Mar 26, 2024, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Here is picture of the BA Lounge in PHL during peak hour - about 2 hours before flight time and 1 hour before closing.
Lounge holds over 100 - agent said 103. Seems like I counted closer to 130.
BA only has one flight #66. So much more capacity than business class on the BA flight.
This part you can't see from the windows from in side the terminal. Most people sit in the main lounge sections.

British Airways PHL lounge during peak hour before BA 66 departure
Old Apr 1, 2024, 3:04 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Just got to the BA lounge. Presented my boarding pass along with a “and I’m OneWorld Emerald on an international itinerary” just in case. She scanned my pass and told me that they were almost at capacity for AA passengers, and welcomed me in.

This lounge just about makes up for the dismal ground experience for international flights out of PHL. There must be less than 30 people here, the food looks good, top shelf open bar, and dead silent. Very pleased I’m in.
JJeffrey and sushanna1 like this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by FlyFreakquently
Just got to the BA lounge. Presented my boarding pass along with a “and I’m OneWorld Emerald on an international itinerary” just in case. She scanned my pass and told me that they were almost at capacity for AA passengers, and welcomed me in.

This lounge just about makes up for the dismal ground experience for international flights out of PHL. There must be less than 30 people here, the food looks good, top shelf open bar, and dead silent. Very pleased I’m in.
It's good to hear that BA might be relaxing their access requirements a bit for otherwise eligible pax on AA metal departures. I'll have a chance to test it out as well later this week.
sushanna1, Majuki and Antarius like this.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA: Exec Plat; AC: 75K; JX: Explorer; HH: Dia; Bonvoy: Gold; Wyndham: Dia
Originally Posted by FlyFreakquently

I was there around the same time on 1 April. Concur on the food and bar offerings. Especially appreciative of the Kraken rum on hand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.