Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

PHL / Philadelphia Admirals Clubs & Lounges (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2015, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
HOURS: Current hours for all PHL Admirals Clubs are posted on aa.com here.

Admirals Club, Terminal A East
LOCATION: After clearing security at the Terminal A-East checkpoint, continue straight ahead. The lounge is located on the right side.

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • PCs with Internet Access

Admirals Club, Terminal A West
LOCATION: Terminal A West, mezzanine level between Gates A15 and A16.
CLOSED September 2019 for conversion to Flagship Lounge

Admirals Club - Terminal B / C
LOCATION: Third floor between B and C terminals. Access via escalator at center of food court, or elevator on concourse B side

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Complimentary light food, beverages and alcohol
  • Food for Purchase
  • Conference Room

Admirals Club - Terminal F

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Complimentary light food, beverages and alcohol
  • Food for Purchase

British Airways Galleries Club Lounge and First Lounge (Restricted Access)
HOURS: Daily 15:15 to 20:20

NOTE: Access to Galleries First Lounge is restricted to Emerald members or those travelling in intercontinental) First Class.

Galleries Club (Business) and First Lounges restricted to BA, QR and oneworld Sapphire and Emerald traveling qualifying oneworld flights. (See here for oneworld access criteria). Admirals Club members do not have access unless meeting above criteria.

Access to both lounges is often capacity managed prioritising those travelling on BA services to LHR and QR services to DOH. As the BA flights are premium heavy, oneworld Sapphire and Emerald passengers travelling on AA flights may be directed to the Admirals Club
Print Wikipost

PHL / Philadelphia Admirals Clubs & Lounges (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2022, 6:46 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ryanbriar
For what it’s worth — BA lounge now has hot food back (it didn’t in May), though it seems to have traded Piper for Chandon sparkling.

Was not given any grief when presenting an inbound AA international Biz / EXP boarding pass. (I was even armed with the OW page to outline why I should be granted access )
That lounge is awful when interpreting OW access rules. Once I had PHL-XXX-DOH, the second segment being on QR J, I was refused entry. By the way, after the BA flight departs, the lounge turns into an EI lounge and OW access rule no longer applies
Old Jul 25, 2022, 7:00 am

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by mediator
That lounge is awful when interpreting OW access rules. Once I had PHL-XXX-DOH, the second segment being on QR J, I was refused entry. By the way, after the BA flight departs, the lounge turns into an EI lounge and OW access rule no longer applies
Yeah I got into a somewhat lengthy discussion a few months ago when trying to enter using my AT sapphire status. I was eventually let in as an exception, but it was a pain. That’s why I was shocked yesterday when I received no pushback from the same person who was on a mission to deny me entry in May. Definitely beat posting up at the B/C club or the Centurion lounge as I’m sure both of them were packed.
mediator likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 12:18 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
That lounge is awful when interpreting OW access rules.
Back in 2015, I once tried to enter during the QR hours on a domestic AA flight with sapphire from CX. I was denied. I wrote to QR and got an apology, but they didn't clarify if I am entitled to access.

By the way, after the BA flight departs, the lounge turns into an EI lounge and OW access rule no longer applies
Can IAG really do that? It is still a BA lounge, just contracted by EI.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 11:58 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum/2022 Titanium
Originally Posted by DLmedalliongold
Based on how filthy the carpet is in B/C you wouldn't catch me letting my worst enemies sit on that floor. I cannot believe just how terrible that club is, it should be a royal embarrassment to American Airlines.
As a note: This summer I have watched more than one lady remove her sandals and walk barefoot on that B/C carpet. I just scream inside to myself... WHY?!!!
Old Aug 31, 2022, 4:53 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Just got the most ridiculous reason to be denied entry into the British Airways lounge.

“On Wednesday’s it’s only for Aer Lingus”

Sure Jan. Luckily centurion is dead. B/C lounge is dreadful USAir 1996 time warp.
Spiff likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 5:59 pm

Programs: $9 Fare Club
For all 16 J pax EI would have on their A321LR assuming they sold out the cabin.

If you go onto the OW site its listed there as accessible, I'd be kicking up an almighty fuss and escalating appropriately if they didn't politely welcome me.
Spiff likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 8:04 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by ChurnieEls
For all 16 J pax EI would have on their A321LR assuming they sold out the cabin.

If you go onto the OW site its listed there as accessible, I'd be kicking up an almighty fuss and escalating appropriately if they didn't politely welcome me.
yeah there were maybe 10 people in the lounge. The people working there are ridiculous. I just didn’t feel like making a point of it as my evening was going nicely otherwise.
ryanbriar likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 8:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
...though it seems to have traded Piper for Chandon sparkling...
Chandon Champagne (i.e. Moët & Chandon) or just Chandon sparking wine (i.e. Domaine Chandon)? Either way is a downgrade, IMO, but just curious.

-FlyerBeek
Old Sep 1, 2022, 10:37 am
Suspended

Programs: UA-*G, AA-Exec P, IHG-Gold, Bonvoy-Ambassador
I was in PHL on 8/29. "I'm sorry the showers are out of operation due to some pipe issues until Thursday or Friday..." Ended up at the Minut Suites...

I really try to avoid PHL at almost all costs... The entire experience is a downer...
Spiff likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by GWagonFlyer
I was in PHL on 8/29. "I'm sorry the showers are out of operation due to some pipe issues until Thursday or Friday..." Ended up at the Minut Suites...

I really try to avoid PHL at almost all costs... The entire experience is a downer...
In the centurion lounge now and the showers are also closed.

and yes, it actively avoid PHL too. Like old LGA and EWR, they're worse than the airport in Sana'a...
Old Sep 1, 2022, 10:48 am
Suspended

Programs: UA-*G, AA-Exec P, IHG-Gold, Bonvoy-Ambassador
Yep... I tried the Centurion, too. No showers, either. If you are a Priority Club member, the Minut Suites will give you one hour in their sleeping room for Free
Old Sep 1, 2022, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by Antarius
In the centurion lounge now and the showers are also closed.

and yes, it actively avoid PHL too. Like old LGA and EWR, they're worse than the airport in Sana'a...
PHL feels like what LGA used to be
Old Sep 1, 2022, 12:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by MASTERNC
PHL feels like what LGA used to be
Now that's just mean. I am not a big fan of PHL either but it is still way better than the old LaGuardia
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Chandon Champagne (i.e. Moët & Chandon) or just Chandon sparking wine (i.e. Domaine Chandon)? Either way is a downgrade, IMO, but just curious.

-FlyerBeek
It was the latter Not a fan of the taste and left the glass after a couple of sips.

I’ll be passing through PHL next week, but in the early hours / the F gates so I won’t be able to scope out if this has changed.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 2:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
It was the latter Not a fan of the taste and left the glass after a couple of sips.
Thumbs down indeed. Thanks for reporting back. Quite the drop from Piper Heidsieck.

-FlyerBeek
ryanbriar likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.