Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

PHL / Philadelphia Admirals Clubs & Lounges (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2015, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
HOURS: Current hours for all PHL Admirals Clubs are posted on aa.com here.

Admirals Club, Terminal A East
LOCATION: After clearing security at the Terminal A-East checkpoint, continue straight ahead. The lounge is located on the right side.

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • PCs with Internet Access

Admirals Club, Terminal A West
LOCATION: Terminal A West, mezzanine level between Gates A15 and A16.
CLOSED September 2019 for conversion to Flagship Lounge

Admirals Club - Terminal B / C
LOCATION: Third floor between B and C terminals. Access via escalator at center of food court, or elevator on concourse B side

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Complimentary light food, beverages and alcohol
  • Food for Purchase
  • Conference Room

Admirals Club - Terminal F

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Complimentary light food, beverages and alcohol
  • Food for Purchase

British Airways Galleries Club Lounge and First Lounge (Restricted Access)
HOURS: Daily 15:15 to 20:20

NOTE: Access to Galleries First Lounge is restricted to Emerald members or those travelling in intercontinental) First Class.

Galleries Club (Business) and First Lounges restricted to BA, QR and oneworld Sapphire and Emerald traveling qualifying oneworld flights. (See here for oneworld access criteria). Admirals Club members do not have access unless meeting above criteria.

Access to both lounges is often capacity managed prioritising those travelling on BA services to LHR and QR services to DOH. As the BA flights are premium heavy, oneworld Sapphire and Emerald passengers travelling on AA flights may be directed to the Admirals Club
Print Wikipost

PHL / Philadelphia Admirals Clubs & Lounges (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2022, 1:42 pm

aa.com now has the A-East basement AC as being reopened with the following hours:

Sunday – Friday:
1:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.

Saturday:
6 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Is Saturday being the odd morning out because of the extra Caribbean traffic at that time?

Also, for those who haven't been to this lounge, assuming it hasn't changed, it is TINY (was the LAA Admirals Club before the merger). I'd only consider it if flying out of A-East with only a short time before boarding (or you don't want to walk very far). If going out of A-West, I'd just go to the B/C lounge (especially during the international hub banks) as it's about the same time to get there with the travelators and is a much larger lounge.
Mr. BoH and HumansAreSuperior like this.

Last edited by lowfareair; Dec 22, 2022 at 6:23 pm
Old Dec 29, 2022, 4:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by lowfareair
aa.com now has the A-East basement AC as being reopened with the following hours:

Sunday – Friday:

Saturday:
Is Saturday being the odd morning out because of the extra Caribbean traffic at that time?

Also, for those who haven't been to this lounge, assuming it hasn't changed, it is TINY (was the LAA Admirals Club before the merger). I'd only consider it if flying out of A-East with only a short time before boarding (or you don't want to walk very far). If going out of A-West, I'd just go to the B/C lounge (especially during the international hub banks) as it's about the same time to get there with the travelators and is a much larger lounge.
Yes, I was here a couple of weeks ago - it's very small indeed.

On the back wall is the soup, nibbles, coffee machine. To the right is the bar, water is to the right of the bar and you can see pretty much all the seating here.

I was sat just near the entrance. Certainly wasn't worth visiting, from my perspective!

The sooner the Flagship Lounge at PHL opens, the better.
lowfareair likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA - CK/Airpass
Originally Posted by FlightDetective
Yes, I was here a couple of weeks ago - it's very small indeed.

On the back wall is the soup, nibbles, coffee machine. To the right is the bar, water is to the right of the bar and you can see pretty much all the seating here.

I was sat just near the entrance. Certainly wasn't worth visiting, from my perspective!

The sooner the Flagship Lounge at PHL opens, the better.
As the rare masochist who loves flying out of PHL, I have given up on the FL and believe it to have been cancelled.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 1:09 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by wutlol
As the rare masochist who loves flying out of PHL, I have given up on the FL and believe it to have been cancelled.
You’re not a masochist—I love flying into or out of PHL. It’s extremely easy to go from the curb to airside and there’s rarely any traffic. I agree that the FL will not be happening, at least in the near future.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Originally Posted by lowfareair

Sunday – Friday:

Saturday:

For the history, waaay before the A-West US Airways Club/Envoy Lounge, this basement location in A-East was the original Envoy lounge when US announced the product in the late 1990s. I believe the AA lounge was outside security at that time (in roughly the area where the Amex lounge now is). It closed when US opened the A-West lounge and remained empty for a while IIRC. A bit of nostalgia and I'm sure the extra capacity is welcome, but that's about it.
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 3:49 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by SFTNYC
For the history, waaay before the A-West US Airways Club/Envoy Lounge, this basement location in A-East was the original Envoy lounge when US announced the product in the late 1990s. I believe the AA lounge was outside security at that time (in roughly the area where the Amex lounge now is). It closed when US opened the A-West lounge and remained empty for a while IIRC. A bit of nostalgia and I'm sure the extra capacity is welcome, but that's about it.
If I recall the chronology of the terminal A lounges, and correct me if I'm off...I also don't recall exactly what the A-East basement lounge was used for in the years between it's closing and reopening for another airline before AA took it back over.

1990's - 2003 - USAirways Club on concourse A-B connector
1990's - 2015'ish - AAdmirals Club operates at the entrance to A-East security checkpoint
1996 - USAirway Envoy lounge in basement level of A-East opens where the recently reopened AAdmirals club lounge sits.
1998 - USAirways B/C lounge opens with new B/C concourse
2003 - A-West USAirways Envoy Lounge opens (A-East basement lounge closes) with opening of new A-West concourse
2015'ish - Pre-security A-East AAdmirals Club closes and A-West USAirways Envoy lounge converts to a 1/2 Envoy, 1/2 AAdmirals Club
2019 - A-West Lounge closes for eventual renovation to Flagship lounge

Makes me wonder why they put so much effort into even using the A-East lounge due to it's small size when there's a spacious FL just itching to open up.....
Old Dec 29, 2022, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP / HH Diamond
It seems like BA had a club somewhere in the area, also USO space was there for a bit too. But I don't recall years.

AA AC was in A-east, where there is (was) an urgent care/medical type place there now. Amex lounge is in A-West space, never part of an AA lounge.

I don't have the full history of A/A-East but sounds like the current basement path was a major change to the terminal (built but never finished in the 70/80s) to allow for immigration in what is now the A-east checkpoint and the partition over the bridge to baggage claim for customs: all an improvement over the overseas terminal. That opened in '91.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by PHL
Makes me wonder why they put so much effort into even using the A-East lounge due to it's small size when there's a spacious FL just itching to open up.....
It's shaping up to be a photo finish as to which will take longer, Berlin Brandenburg or the PHL FL.
Flyer78 and Ned13 like this.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 12:36 pm

Philly Admirals Club

I will have a 6 hour layover in Philly and debating whether to grab day passes to the Admirals Club. Looking at reviews, these clubs vary in quality. I believe they are upgrading some of the Clubs, but has anyone been to the Philly club recently?
I have seen old videos of worn furniture, huge crowds and bar type snacks. Hopefully they improved? Thanks for any recent experince there.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by a12548
I have seen old videos of worn furniture, huge crowds and bar type snacks. Hopefully they improved?
This is what to expect, minus the huge crowds. Except at peak times, I've never seen the PHL B/C club so crowded you can't find seating. The club was last renovated during the US Airways days, so it's at least 20 years old at this point.
umaa83 and Antarius like this.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plt , Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by a12548
I will have a 6 hour layover in Philly and debating whether to grab day passes to the Admirals Club. Looking at reviews, these clubs vary in quality. I believe they are upgrading some of the Clubs, but has anyone been to the Philly club recently?
I have seen old videos of worn furniture, huge crowds and bar type snacks. Hopefully they improved? Thanks for any recent experince there.
Worn Furniture and bar type snacks sums it up. Since PHL doesn't haven't a Flagship lounge, it tends to get busy during the 4PM-9PM international departure bank but I've never had difficulties finding a seat, even for multiple people. Huge crowds is probably a stretch.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 12:46 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Personally, I'd use the day pass money towards a cab into town and a couple of cheesesteaks instead!
a12548, njvandy and Antarius like this.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by aisleorwindow
Personally, I'd use the day pass money towards a cab into town and a couple of cheesesteaks instead!
This
Old Aug 27, 2023, 9:43 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Is the BA lounge in PHL still open?
If so, any update on access to BA lounge at PHL, for AA International J customers?

Is AA going to deny BA travelers access to AC club if BA closes?

Last edited by cova; Aug 27, 2023 at 9:50 am
Old Aug 27, 2023, 2:29 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
BA lounge was open as of last Wednesday when I was by there. No idea about access but my understanding was the idea is still to close BA when FL as they're apparently recommitted to it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.