Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

PHL / Philadelphia Admirals Clubs & Lounges (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2015, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
HOURS: Current hours for all PHL Admirals Clubs are posted on aa.com here.

Admirals Club, Terminal A East
LOCATION: After clearing security at the Terminal A-East checkpoint, continue straight ahead. The lounge is located on the right side.

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • PCs with Internet Access

Admirals Club, Terminal A West
LOCATION: Terminal A West, mezzanine level between Gates A15 and A16.
CLOSED September 2019 for conversion to Flagship Lounge

Admirals Club - Terminal B / C
LOCATION: Third floor between B and C terminals. Access via escalator at center of food court, or elevator on concourse B side

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Complimentary light food, beverages and alcohol
  • Food for Purchase
  • Conference Room

Admirals Club - Terminal F

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Complimentary light food, beverages and alcohol
  • Food for Purchase

British Airways Galleries Club Lounge and First Lounge (Restricted Access)
HOURS: Daily 15:15 to 20:20

NOTE: Access to Galleries First Lounge is restricted to Emerald members or those travelling in intercontinental) First Class.

Galleries Club (Business) and First Lounges restricted to BA, QR and oneworld Sapphire and Emerald traveling qualifying oneworld flights. (See here for oneworld access criteria). Admirals Club members do not have access unless meeting above criteria.

Access to both lounges is often capacity managed prioritising those travelling on BA services to LHR and QR services to DOH. As the BA flights are premium heavy, oneworld Sapphire and Emerald passengers travelling on AA flights may be directed to the Admirals Club
Print Wikipost

PHL / Philadelphia Admirals Clubs & Lounges (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2021, 2:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: ,united 1k, AA EXP, HH Diamond,BA gold, Hyatt globalist
Does anyone have any idea of when this thing will open. They began construction in October and most likely paused in March of 2020. Did they resume construction? It can’t take more than 1.5 years to build a flagship lounge.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 7:20 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by united 1k flyer
Does anyone have any idea of when this thing will open. They began construction in October and most likely paused in March of 2020. Did they resume construction? It can’t take more than 1.5 years to build a flagship lounge.
I don't have any inside info, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Sure, they could resume construction, but why bother with intl travel levels so low? They aren't even opening all the lounges they already have, so why spend to build a new one in any hurry?
Old Mar 20, 2022, 4:32 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
May I ask if the B/C AC does NOT have a shower? Thanks!
Old Mar 20, 2022, 4:41 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
correct - no shower. Unless someone tells me there’s some secret shower I’ve never seen there over the last 7 years I’ve been using it.
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by hp12c
correct - no shower. Unless someone tells me there’s some secret shower I’ve never seen there over the last 7 years I’ve been using it.
Thanks for the quick reply!
Old Mar 20, 2022, 5:43 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
To my knowledge, the only lounge in PHL that has a shower is the Centurion Lounge. I have no idea if it's operational.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 5:52 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by VFR
To my knowledge, the only lounge in PHL that has a shower is the Centurion Lounge. I have no idea if it's operational.
that’s right. Another option I guess would be the airport Marriott if the need for a shower is dire enough to spend the points/cert/cash
Old Mar 21, 2022, 6:01 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Presumably when (if?) the Flagship Lounge in A-West ever finishes renovation and opens, I would expect it will have shower.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 6:27 am
Suspended

that’s right. Another option I guess would be the airport Marriott if the need for a shower is dire enough to spend the points/cert/cash
The Marriott is by far the most convenient but there are other hotels with shuttle services just a couple of miles away if time permits.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 6:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by VFR
I would definitely call ahead if hoping to use the Centurion Lounge shower to determine it's current status. Even pre-COVID it was almost always out of service since the lounge opened.

-FlyerBeek
Old Mar 21, 2022, 8:01 am

Programs: Frontier 100k; AA ExPlat; LATAM Black; *A Gold ; SkyTeam Elite+
PHL centurion showers were closed last month AFAIK. Only place I've seen them open since the pandemic has been the JFK flagship lounge
Old Mar 21, 2022, 8:33 am
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by Puzzles
PHL centurion showers were closed last month AFAIK. Only place I've seen them open since the pandemic has been the JFK flagship lounge
I took a shower in the JFK Centurion lounge a week and a half ago. It is quite inconsistent.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by VFR
Thanks for the additional input! I bought an ex-PHL itinerary, which is substantially cheaper, departing at 6am, but it looks like I will be in NYC the day before. I am contemplating whether to stay in NYC till the night, take the last Amtrak to PHL (arriving at 1am), then just go to the airport at 4am when SEPTA starts running. If the PHL AC had a shower, that would be my plan, but now that everyone has confirmed it doesn't, maybe I will take an earlier train from NYC and stay at the HIX near the airport (I only have IHG points).
Old Mar 21, 2022, 9:37 am
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Thanks for the additional input! I bought an ex-PHL itinerary, which is substantially cheaper, departing at 6am, but it looks like I will be in NYC the day before. I am contemplating whether to stay in NYC till the night, take the last Amtrak to PHL (arriving at 1am), then just go to the airport at 4am when SEPTA starts running. If the PHL AC had a shower, that would be my plan, but now that everyone has confirmed it doesn't, maybe I will take an earlier train from NYC and stay at the HIX near the airport (I only have IHG points).
Yeah, the latter option is definitely much more civilized.
lowfareair and ernestnywang like this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
What are the odds the Flagship lounge is open by Christmas? Trying to decide on a routing to Europe and while I usually avoid PHL like the plague, a flagship lounge MIGHT entice me otherwise...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.