Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

PHL / Philadelphia Admirals Clubs & Lounges (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2015, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
HOURS: Current hours for all PHL Admirals Clubs are posted on aa.com here.

Admirals Club, Terminal A East
LOCATION: After clearing security at the Terminal A-East checkpoint, continue straight ahead. The lounge is located on the right side.

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • PCs with Internet Access

Admirals Club, Terminal A West
LOCATION: Terminal A West, mezzanine level between Gates A15 and A16.
CLOSED September 2019 for conversion to Flagship Lounge

Admirals Club - Terminal B / C
LOCATION: Third floor between B and C terminals. Access via escalator at center of food court, or elevator on concourse B side

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Complimentary light food, beverages and alcohol
  • Food for Purchase
  • Conference Room

Admirals Club - Terminal F

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Complimentary light food, beverages and alcohol
  • Food for Purchase

British Airways Galleries Club Lounge and First Lounge (Restricted Access)
HOURS: Daily 15:15 to 20:20

NOTE: Access to Galleries First Lounge is restricted to Emerald members or those travelling in intercontinental) First Class.

Galleries Club (Business) and First Lounges restricted to BA, QR and oneworld Sapphire and Emerald traveling qualifying oneworld flights. (See here for oneworld access criteria). Admirals Club members do not have access unless meeting above criteria.

Access to both lounges is often capacity managed prioritising those travelling on BA services to LHR and QR services to DOH. As the BA flights are premium heavy, oneworld Sapphire and Emerald passengers travelling on AA flights may be directed to the Admirals Club
Print Wikipost

PHL / Philadelphia Admirals Clubs & Lounges (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2022, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
I have a 4 hour layover for my ZRH-PHL-LAX flight, paid J ticket. What is the current lounge situation at PHL? Is the AC in Terminal A still closed? Also have access to Amex CL but just curious what the brain trust suggest. I may want to take a quick shower if that makes a difference.

Thanks
Old Sep 6, 2022, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by bzcat
I have a 4 hour layover for my ZRH-PHL-LAX flight, paid J ticket. What is the current lounge situation at PHL? Is the AC in Terminal A still closed? Also have access to Amex CL but just curious what the brain trust suggest. I may want to take a quick shower if that makes a difference.

Thanks
Term A closed, only B/C and F open. If you want food or drinks, go to CL. I'd only go to AC if CL is full. Don't remember if B/C had showers, but Minute Suites do if you really need a shower.
bzcat and Antarius like this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by Raralith
Term A closed, only B/C and F open. If you want food or drinks, go to CL. I'd only go to AC if CL is full. Don't remember if B/C had showers, but Minute Suites do if you really need a shower.
Admiral Club B/C does not have showers. Centurion Lounge has a shower but it is frequently closed. Best bet for a shower would be Minute Suites. (FYI, shower not included in Priority Pass benefits).
bzcat likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 1:46 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Segments
Admiral Club B/C does not have showers. Centurion Lounge has a shower but it is frequently closed. Best bet for a shower would be Minute Suites. (FYI, shower not included in Priority Pass benefits).
Did the BA Lounge in A close?
Old Sep 6, 2022, 2:46 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by stc
Did the BA Lounge in A close?
They often restrict entry due to, "capacity." It is definitely worth a shot to try, but be prepared to get rejected.

An inbound TA flight connecting elsewhere should get access, but that lounge seems to make up its own rules (and has for a long time).
stc, bzcat and ryanbriar like this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 3:50 pm

AC in PHL ?

I have a five-hour connection in PHL on Sunday 10/9/22 from 4pm to 9pm. American all the way from DUB to BUF. I believe I arrive terminal 2 at PHL and depart terminal 4. How crowded is the AC at terminal 4 during that time? I would have to buy a day pass for this as on this trip not flying in J. I hate to be denied access. Thanks!
Old Sep 21, 2022, 5:13 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Murph25
I have a five-hour connection in PHL on Sunday 10/9/22 from 4pm to 9pm. American all the way from DUB to BUF. I believe I arrive terminal 2 at PHL and depart terminal 4. How crowded is the AC at terminal 4 during that time? I would have to buy a day pass for this as on this trip not flying in J. I hate to be denied access. Thanks!
Do you have PLT or higher status? If so, you’re set. If not, day pass. I don’t recall seeing a day pass restriction sign last week.

it will probably go in waves around the flight bank.

PHL has enough food outlets where you can make good use of the day pass fee.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 10:09 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by airb330
Just got the most ridiculous reason to be denied entry into the British Airways lounge.

“On Wednesday’s it’s only for Aer Lingus”

Sure Jan. Luckily centurion is dead. B/C lounge is dreadful USAir 1996 time warp.
BA CS emailed me a $70 voucher. Which is useless to me but at least they admitted fault. I may respond and ask for some avios instead. Maybe if enough people complain the BA lounge won’t lie so much.
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 5:28 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by Murph25
First, I think you might be confused on the terminals - they are letters in PHL, not numbers. Based on your routing, you will most likely arrive in terminal A and depart in F, which is the regional jet terminal. The AC in terminal F is tiny, but usually not very crowded, though obviously that can vary on any given day. It’s also not a very impressive lounge - personally I wouldn’t pay $59 just for a day pass there.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 8:26 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
First, I think you might be confused on the terminals - they are letters in PHL, not numbers. Based on your routing, you will most likely arrive in terminal A and depart in F, which is the regional jet terminal. The AC in terminal F is tiny, but usually not very crowded, though obviously that can vary on any given day. It’s also not a very impressive lounge - personally I wouldn’t pay $59 just for a day pass there.
B/C AC lounge is open and is considerably better then F AC lounge so that's an option too. For a 5 hour connection, I'd pay $59 for AC day pass, have a few/lot of comp drinks, and have some soup. I think it's significantly better then hanging around the gates for this amount of time, and you'll be paying $10+ for drinks at any of the gate bars.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 10:52 am

Programs: UA - G (mm), DL - DM, MM, AA - Plat
Just passed through PHL earlier this week. What a miserable place for a frequent flier to connect.

1. No precheck in A - so you can stand in a long line or walk to C - outside.
2. Only F and B/C clubs open.
3. BA Lounge only allowing outbound BA pax. - Side note - I hear that Amex is taking over the BA space in February. Not sure what BA will do then as the new AC won't be done yet.
4. "pop-up" customer service area in A (near A19) has no bottled water. Few healthy snacks. No sandwiches or anything like that.
5. Centurion Lounge at capacity with a waitlist.
MASTERNC and Hoi polloi like this.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by seattleBH
3. BA Lounge only allowing outbound BA pax. - Side note - I hear that Amex is taking over the BA space in February. Not sure what BA will do then as the new AC won't be done yet.
Where did you hear that? Haven't heard that one yet, but would make sense
Old Oct 2, 2022, 10:38 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Any recent rumors regarding when the Flagship lounge would open?
makin'miles likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 6:33 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Just passed through PHL earlier this week. What a miserable place for a frequent flier to connect.

1. No precheck in A - so you can stand in a long line or walk to C - outside.
2. Only F and B/C clubs open.
4. "pop-up" customer service area in A (near A19) has no bottled water. Few healthy snacks. No sandwiches or anything like that.
5. Centurion Lounge at capacity with a waitlist.
#1 - the line was crazy long, i walked all the way over to C, got through and walked back and folks i recognized were still in the line to get through A.
#3 - This matches my experience on the 30th as well. I tried to enter BA lounge was told no despite OWE on AA metal connecting to BA metal. Nicely (i think) brought up and showed her the BA site page that says i should have access with the caveat that it's dependent upon capacity. She read it, and then replied 'Fine, then we are at capacity'.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP / 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold
when that happens, AA should tell all the BA frequent flyers that the AC is “at capacity” and not let them in. I’ve been so tired of that crap over the years, when flying intl J (while also as an Emerald) overseas yet being refused access to a OW Lounge. IMO oneworld should step in.
cova likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.