Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

PHL / Philadelphia Admirals Clubs & Lounges (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2015, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
HOURS: Current hours for all PHL Admirals Clubs are posted on aa.com here.

Admirals Club, Terminal A East
LOCATION: After clearing security at the Terminal A-East checkpoint, continue straight ahead. The lounge is located on the right side.

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • PCs with Internet Access

Admirals Club, Terminal A West
LOCATION: Terminal A West, mezzanine level between Gates A15 and A16.
CLOSED September 2019 for conversion to Flagship Lounge

Admirals Club - Terminal B / C
LOCATION: Third floor between B and C terminals. Access via escalator at center of food court, or elevator on concourse B side

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Complimentary light food, beverages and alcohol
  • Food for Purchase
  • Conference Room

Admirals Club - Terminal F

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Complimentary light food, beverages and alcohol
  • Food for Purchase

British Airways Galleries Club Lounge and First Lounge (Restricted Access)
HOURS: Daily 15:15 to 20:20

NOTE: Access to Galleries First Lounge is restricted to Emerald members or those travelling in intercontinental) First Class.

Galleries Club (Business) and First Lounges restricted to BA, QR and oneworld Sapphire and Emerald traveling qualifying oneworld flights. (See here for oneworld access criteria). Admirals Club members do not have access unless meeting above criteria.

Access to both lounges is often capacity managed prioritising those travelling on BA services to LHR and QR services to DOH. As the BA flights are premium heavy, oneworld Sapphire and Emerald passengers travelling on AA flights may be directed to the Admirals Club
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2009, 6:03 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

PHL / Philadelphia International Airport Admirals Clubs and BA Galleries Lounge

Last edited by JDiver; May 10, 2015 at 7:23 am Reason: Update
Old Mar 3, 2014, 1:37 pm

New Admirals Club PHL open 3/3/14

I'm flying through PHL and found that the new Admirals Club PHL opened at 5am today. En route to the BA club, I saw a sign after security saying that the new Admirals Club was now below Gate A6.

The entrance to the club was a little hard to find, since it's a nondescript door behind a partial wall. There are stairs and elevators to take you downstairs.

At the desk was one American and one US Airways agent. The club itself is kind of small, but it was not that busy. There are small work rooms off the main room (no doors). The bar area has the standard snacks (chips, biscoff type cookies, fruit, tea/coffee). Soup and cheese/crackers were put out around 3pm.

Last edited by dkrun; Mar 3, 2014 at 1:52 pm
Old Mar 3, 2014, 2:21 pm

Programs: US CP, SPG Plat., HH Gold
I saw an alcohol permit posting there a couple of months ago and was wondering what they were putting in. Nice that it as somthing that I can use!
I guess this club replaces the joint BA/AC club near A14?
Old Mar 3, 2014, 2:25 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Looks to be the old DL SC. Good to see it back in operation.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 2:28 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
I'm not sure you can read anything into this, but this appears to be a US club in everything but name -- the catering and furniture are fairly identical to other US clubs at PHL.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Gold
So does this mean there are two AA/US clubs in PHL terminal A now? Is it too far a leap to wonder if this means that the US club will return to being an Envoy club soon?
Old Mar 3, 2014, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
I sure hope so - I didn't even know they were putting in an AC in A-East. I think we all expected them to merely direct that traffic to the A-West club above A15 (former Envoy Lounge).
Old Mar 3, 2014, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
And does this mean no more access to the BA Galleries Lounge? (Although the issue where the PA system in that lounge where the speakers have that high frequency noise every 10-15 seconds is annoying, it's still a great lounge.)
Old Mar 3, 2014, 4:09 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by dml105
So does this mean there are two AA/US clubs in PHL terminal A now? Is it too far a leap to wonder if this means that the US club will return to being an Envoy club soon?
Given that this new club is a tiny fraction of the size of the former Envoy lounge, and inconveniently located for all the departures in A-West, I suspect that is very unlikely.

Originally Posted by Majuki
And does this mean no more access to the BA Galleries Lounge?
I have a feeling this is the reason it opened.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 4:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Oh no! Biscoffs AND the old DL SC location? HERE COME THE DISAADVANTAGE-PESOS!

/sarcasm /hysteria
Old Mar 3, 2014, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Majuki
And does this mean no more access to the BA Galleries Lounge?
More to the point, will there be a BA lounge for much longer? Its purpose was to serve BA and AA, being the only OW lounge at PHL. With US leaving STAR, it will be LH that is in need of a lounge and the small UA one is a fair walk from the international gates. Wouldn't surprise me if BA turns its lounge over to LH and moves its customers to the main US/Envoy/soon-to-be Admirals Club (with maybe even a Flagship area).
Old Mar 3, 2014, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder
More to the point, will there be a BA lounge for much longer? Its purpose was to serve BA and AA, being the only OW lounge at PHL. With US leaving STAR, it will be LH that is in need of a lounge and the small UA one is a fair walk from the international gates. Wouldn't surprise me if BA turns its lounge over to LH and moves its customers to the main US/Envoy/soon-to-be Admirals Club (with maybe even a Flagship area).
I doubt that will happen, if only because the late BA flight is run as a sleeper service and thus BA needs somewhere to feed their J passengers (and only their J passengers). I also think the earlier flight has an F cabin, and there is a FIRST dining area in the Galleries lounge.

I suspect LH will just send passengers to the fomer Envoy lounge. Back in the days when AF flew PHL-CDG, AF business class passengers were sent there.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 8:10 pm

Interesting, I guess the construction was well underway prior to the merger announcement.

4 clubs and a partner lounge seems like a lot for PHL. Though considering the small size I can see this club becoming quite crowded when you get a few TA flights departing from A-east.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 8:17 pm

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
I certainly will miss the BA lounge.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder
The BA Galleries Lounge was NEVER intended to serve both BA and AA. AA arranged an interim agreement with BA to Temporarily use the lounge while they were constructing a new AA lounge in Terminal "D", where they were to move (from A-East). After US/AA merger mania started, the move to "D" was canceled and so was the new AA lounge. BA does not share lounges with any other carrier. This was a special, temporary case, which was to last only a few months, but was extended because of the merger.

I really doubt the new AA lounge is anything other than a temporary measure until they decide what to do with PHL in the long term. It'll be interesting to see if top OW carriers like QR are going to want something a bit better than the standard domestic lounges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.