Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

PHL / Philadelphia Admirals Clubs & Lounges (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2015, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
HOURS: Current hours for all PHL Admirals Clubs are posted on aa.com here.

Admirals Club, Terminal A East
LOCATION: After clearing security at the Terminal A-East checkpoint, continue straight ahead. The lounge is located on the right side.

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • PCs with Internet Access

Admirals Club, Terminal A West
LOCATION: Terminal A West, mezzanine level between Gates A15 and A16.
CLOSED September 2019 for conversion to Flagship Lounge

Admirals Club - Terminal B / C
LOCATION: Third floor between B and C terminals. Access via escalator at center of food court, or elevator on concourse B side

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Complimentary light food, beverages and alcohol
  • Food for Purchase
  • Conference Room

Admirals Club - Terminal F

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Complimentary light food, beverages and alcohol
  • Food for Purchase

British Airways Galleries Club Lounge and First Lounge (Restricted Access)
HOURS: Daily 15:15 to 20:20

NOTE: Access to Galleries First Lounge is restricted to Emerald members or those travelling in intercontinental) First Class.

Galleries Club (Business) and First Lounges restricted to BA, QR and oneworld Sapphire and Emerald traveling qualifying oneworld flights. (See here for oneworld access criteria). Admirals Club members do not have access unless meeting above criteria.

Access to both lounges is often capacity managed prioritising those travelling on BA services to LHR and QR services to DOH. As the BA flights are premium heavy, oneworld Sapphire and Emerald passengers travelling on AA flights may be directed to the Admirals Club
Print Wikipost

PHL / Philadelphia Admirals Clubs & Lounges (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2019, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by LAX_Esq
Not sure I buy the "how would you feel if..." argument. I've been in plenty of overcrowded lounges with people I could deem as less deserving of being there than I was. Yeah, it annoys me when I've been in paid int'l F/J and the overcrowded AC is full of people who got in because they have a credit card. But the rules are the rules, and they're entitled to be there. The OW rules are that OW Sapphires get access to any OW Sapphire lounge, and it's scammy and against the spirit of the rules for BA to rely on some "subject to availability" fine print. If BA doesn't like the OW rules, maybe they should seek to change them or leave OW or expand their lounge.
Where were you flying on AA from PHL?
Old May 13, 2019, 7:46 am

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Where were you flying on AA from PHL?
MAD. Just curious, or would it make a difference to the BA lounge (not sure how it would)?
Old May 13, 2019, 7:50 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Not sure I buy the "how would you feel if..." argument. I've been in plenty of overcrowded lounges with people I could deem as less deserving of being there than I was. Yeah, it annoys me when I've been in paid int'l F/J and the overcrowded AC is full of people who got in because they have a credit card. But the rules are the rules, and they're entitled to be there. The OW rules are that OW Sapphires get access to any OW Sapphire lounge, and it's scammy and against the spirit of the rules for BA to rely on some "subject to availability" fine print. If BA doesn't like the OW rules, maybe they should seek to change them or leave OW or expand their lounge.
The OW rules do explicitly say "Some lounges may get busy at peak times, and access to them may be restricted as a result.".
Old May 13, 2019, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
MAD. Just curious, or would it make a difference to the BA lounge (not sure how it would)?
Doesn't make a difference, just making sure you were flying to an "eligible" destination for lounge access purposes. There's a thread a page or 2 back where a poster, also an AA PLT, was trying to access the BA lounge in ORD on a normal domestic itinerary.

BA lounge at PHL denies access to AA Elites / Premium Flyers
Old May 13, 2019, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by MADPhil
The OW rules do explicitly say "Some lounges may get busy at peak times, and access to them may be restricted as a result.".
Yes, we all know there's fine print authorizing BA to do what they do. Nobody is suggesting otherwise...
Old May 13, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Yes, we all know there's fine print authorizing BA to do what they do. Nobody is suggesting otherwise...
Well it's not exactly small print and it's hardly "scammy" or "not in the spirit" for them to follow the rules.
Old May 13, 2019, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by MADPhil
Well it's not exactly small print and it's hardly "scammy" or "not in the spirit" for them to follow the rules.
That's your opinion. I respectfully disagree, and I'm of the opinion that it's scammy to proudly display the OW Sapphire and AA logos on the door and then send all the AA OWS/OWEs away every single day, citing fine print on the website. To each his own!
arlflyer and MADPhil like this.
Old May 13, 2019, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
That's your opinion. I respectfully disagree, and I'm of the opinion that it's scammy to proudly display the OW Sapphire and AA logos on the door and then send all the AA OWS/OWEs away every single day, citing fine print on the website. To each his own!
I wonder how they will handle this at JFK when BA moves in/opens their own lounges (though there seems to be no issue managing at other OW hubs like LHR T3).

Back to the A-East lounge, perhaps they're expanding to accommodate overflow during the eventual closing/renovation of the A-West lounge?
Old May 13, 2019, 1:35 pm

I'm of the opinion that it's scammy to proudly display the OW Sapphire and AA logos on the door and then send all the AA OWS/OWEs away every single day, citing fine print on the website. To each his own!
Agree 100%. As I've said before, karma would be a smiling AAngel somewhere turning away a couple hundred Brits from an empty AC, leaving them to aimlessly wander the halls of an AA hub. You can bet they'd be burning the BA forum down in minutes with AA hate ("Shame!" "Horror!" "Shambles!").
Old May 13, 2019, 2:07 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by SFTNYC
Back to the A-East lounge, perhaps they're expanding to accommodate overflow during the eventual closing/renovation of the A-West lounge?
I am not sure that there is room to expand. To the best of my recollection, that club is located below the concourse level.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 9:01 am

Still no Flagship Lounge updates? It's hard to understand how their main TATL hub doesn't have this amenity. Could the lack of action end up being a good thing - maybe they're going more ambitious than what was previously reported in TPG - hence the delays?
Old Jun 26, 2019, 10:33 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by PHLondoner
It's hard to understand how their main TATL hub doesn't have this amenity.
Not if you've ever worked with the Philly government on anything, it's not... Especially the airport.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by BWISkyGuy
Not if you've ever worked with the Philly government on anything, it's not... Especially the airport.
I live in the city and deal with the "Philly government" fairly regularly and for some things they are exceptionally slow and dim-witted and others exceptionally fast and efficient. Perhaps this is the former of those? Besides, is Baltimore's government some gleaming monument to global municipal efficiency that I'm missing? Amex opened a Centurion Lounge less than a year from when it was first announced - so I'm not sure I'm 100% buying the bureaucracy angle here.

Still, the city isn't running a for-profit business so the only one who looks bad in the end is AA. A simple update press release would suffice.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP / HH Diamond
An issue I've heard (can't find exact link now) is that the CBP checkpoint is just below A-West, which ... apparently (may?) add to the permitting/work access process. Also, A-West is outside the city of Philadelphia, so that too may add to the complexities. That said - those issues should be resolved by now.

Longer term, there is supposed to be a new AA "Head house" between A-East and B. Other than consolidated security (one of the promises) not sure what else this will bring.

As to the A-East club, not sure if it ran adjacent to the space most recently used for the USO. Arriving passengers to customs are routed on that lower level, so there may be no space to really expand further.
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by PHLondoner
I live in the city and deal with the "Philly government" fairly regularly and for some things they are exceptionally slow and dim-witted and others exceptionally fast and efficient. Perhaps this is the former of those? Besides, is Baltimore's government some gleaming monument to global municipal efficiency that I'm missing? Amex opened a Centurion Lounge less than a year from when it was first announced - so I'm not sure I'm 100% buying the bureaucracy angle here.

Still, the city isn't running a for-profit business so the only one who looks bad in the end is AA. A simple update press release would suffice.
Sorry to offend, that was not my intention... Baltimore's is certainly no better, though BWI's airport authority is definitely a lot more time-efficient with its projects. It's still not fast or easy for any airport construction, especially for a tenant doing utility and sometimes structural changes, but LUS's history first and now AA's current experience shows how much more challenging these things are in PHL than even other airports.

Don't get me started on PennDOT though... That's one area where my opinions formed from my experiences will truly offend some.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.