Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

PHL / Philadelphia Admirals Clubs & Lounges (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2015, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
HOURS: Current hours for all PHL Admirals Clubs are posted on aa.com here.

Admirals Club, Terminal A East
LOCATION: After clearing security at the Terminal A-East checkpoint, continue straight ahead. The lounge is located on the right side.

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • PCs with Internet Access

Admirals Club, Terminal A West
LOCATION: Terminal A West, mezzanine level between Gates A15 and A16.
CLOSED September 2019 for conversion to Flagship Lounge

Admirals Club - Terminal B / C
LOCATION: Third floor between B and C terminals. Access via escalator at center of food court, or elevator on concourse B side

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Complimentary light food, beverages and alcohol
  • Food for Purchase
  • Conference Room

Admirals Club - Terminal F

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Complimentary light food, beverages and alcohol
  • Food for Purchase

British Airways Galleries Club Lounge and First Lounge (Restricted Access)
HOURS: Daily 15:15 to 20:20

NOTE: Access to Galleries First Lounge is restricted to Emerald members or those travelling in intercontinental) First Class.

Galleries Club (Business) and First Lounges restricted to BA, QR and oneworld Sapphire and Emerald traveling qualifying oneworld flights. (See here for oneworld access criteria). Admirals Club members do not have access unless meeting above criteria.

Access to both lounges is often capacity managed prioritising those travelling on BA services to LHR and QR services to DOH. As the BA flights are premium heavy, oneworld Sapphire and Emerald passengers travelling on AA flights may be directed to the Admirals Club
Print Wikipost

PHL / Philadelphia Admirals Clubs & Lounges (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2016, 11:04 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
I may have to connect in PHL this weekend. Can I transit terminals without re-clearing Security? Right now it looks like I may need to transit from A to C.
Yes, all the terminals at PHL are connected airside.
Old May 25, 2016, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
I may have to connect in PHL this weekend. Can I transit terminals without re-clearing Security? Right now it looks like I may need to transit from A to C.
On domestic flights there is no need to re-clear security for PHL connections.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 3:19 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Currently sitting in the BA lounge and am not really impressed. Compared to other BA lounges I find this substandard. Firstly, it is packed both in the galleries and First section. In the First section three lounge chairs are brocken and cannot be used (I doubt it happened today). Food is not very good too as the selection is incredibly limited. Also, there is no proper business center where you can set up your own computer and limited power outlets.

Will try AA West now and hope I'll have a better experience as I have another hour to kill and would love to get some work done.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by totti
Currently sitting in the BA lounge and am not really impressed. Compared to other BA lounges I find this substandard. Firstly, it is packed both in the galleries and First section. In the First section three lounge chairs are brocken and cannot be used (I doubt it happened today). Food is not very good too as the selection is incredibly limited. Also, there is no proper business center where you can set up your own computer and limited power outlets.

Will try AA West now and hope I'll have a better experience as I have another hour to kill and would love to get some work done.
AA will be bigger and emptier but... less food, so there's that.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 3:51 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by Smiley90
AA will be bigger and emptier but... less food, so there's that.
you are absolutely correct! Much bigger, feels much more spacious, and is pretty empty. There is indeed not such a selection of food but the veggie soup is very good and the salat bar is better too. It was the right choice to move.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by totti

Send an email to BA with your observations and IF THEY PROVIDE A MEANINGFUL REPLY, post an update. My reply prediction (except for the broken chairs) will be that BA has only 2 Daily flights into PHL and a more elaborate lounge is not cost effective.

The fullness of the AA A-West Lounge is directly related to the times of the international departure Banks. The B-C-F lounges are another story.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by perseus11
Send an email to BA with your observations and IF THEY PROVIDE A MEANINGFUL REPLY, post an update. My reply prediction (except for the broken chairs) will be that BA has only 2 Daily flights into PHL and a more elaborate lounge is not cost effective.

The fullness of the AA A-West Lounge is directly related to the times of the international departure Banks. The B-C-F lounges are another story.
I typically use the BA lounge only when taking BA 66, the earlier departure, and want to eat before boarding so I can sleep. If I want to eat in the air, the AC is preferable to me - snacks and drinks are enough and it's huge. I'm amused by the folks hellbent on getting into the BA lounge as though it's some kind of utopia.

The BA lounge is unlikely to expand, but they should do a bit better with the basic maintenance items mentioned.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 9:12 pm

Has there been an update recently on the AC situation in PHL? Flying out of PHL in Dec with a long layover and was curious which club to head towards.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 9:42 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Tt44159
Has there been an update recently on the AC situation in PHL? Flying out of PHL in Dec with a long layover and was curious which club to head towards.
There are big lounges in A and also between B&C. There is also a small lounge downstairs in A (near high numbers). Assuming you are not flying internationally, I would pick whichever of A or B/C your departing flight is closest to.

If you are flying internationally and have One World status, I would try to get into the BA lounge in A. The food / drink is a lot better. (They sometimes claim they are full and only let BA passengers in.)
Old Sep 7, 2016, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by stc
There are big lounges in A and also between B&C. There is also a

If you are flying internationally and have One World status, I would try to get into the BA lounge in A. The food / drink is a lot better. (They sometimes claim they are full and only let BA passengers in.)
I'm flying internationally but only have Gold status. Will they let me in with One World Ruby? Unfortunately I'm C over and J back.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 8:52 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Admirals Club member
I used the west AC in Philly last week. Huge, expansive, nice views of the airfield.
Amenities seemed fine. All the snacks / food were well stocked, kept clean.
Seems like some but not all of the chairs had AC power ports.

I'm a lifetime AC member (holdover from US) & tried to use that at the BA club, but was denied (I have no status).
Old Sep 8, 2016, 4:09 am

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
Reports from Mom (who flew BA's sleeper service flight to LHR two weeks ago in F) say that the BA lounge is nothing special. She said she liked the A-West AC better from her experience travelling with me earlier in the year. Food at BA lounge was "nothing special but it is free".
Old Sep 10, 2016, 4:37 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by Tt44159
I'm flying internationally but only have Gold status. Will they let me in with One World Ruby? Unfortunately I'm C over and J back.
AA Gold/oneworld Ruby doesn't get you anything, but an AA long haul flight in business class (including either C or J) gets you into AA of BA lounges (unless BA claims they're full).
Old Sep 12, 2016, 8:00 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Can't wait to see the new FL open in the A West club, essentially a re-opening of the old Envoy lounge there. For those who never got a chance to visit the Envoy lounge, it really was great. Self-serve bar and great food choices, essentially the same offerings as a FL, but was dedicated for int'l business service instead of Frist.
roadtriper likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 8:47 am

Location: JFK, LAX, LHR, DUB, MIA, ORD, MAD - heavy travel to all
Programs: EXP: 2014, 15, Final 7 Mo of 16, and all of 17 (soon to be '19-20). Big Bonvoy Users
Random Question:

In a few weeks I am flying through PHL to Europe on a Business Class RT ticket. I am an EXP. I want to take a shower before my overnight flight from PHL to Europe but it appears PHL Admirals Club(s) doesn't have a shower. It also appears the British Club doesn't either. One of my legs in Europe is on BA though codeshared via my AA purchase FWIW.

Any recommendations for a shower at PHL?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.