Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
2015 AA aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

• Saturday evenings, AA loads schedules and runs batch processes. This means some scheduled flights might go missing, or your account may show all zeroes, sometimes well into Sunday. It will all come back.

• aa.com troubles? Check by using aktchi's recommended way: http://isup.me- or [U]http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me[/U{

Or use this direct link - http://downorisitjustme.com/res.php?url=aa.com

If it is just you, try: reload the page, empty your cache, delete one or more cookies, quit and restart the browser, shut down and reboot the computer.

LRD shared: (maybe)... it's a bad cookie. I use the "Remove Cookie for Site" extension. This adds a menu item to your mouse right-click that clears the cookies for just the domain you are viewing. Works ...for example, clearing Citi cookies before submitting a second, same-day AA credit-card application.

• "Flight / Fare selected no longer available; please modify your request" common booking error

• For Web-related issues, including web-displayed fares issues, call American Airlines Web Services Phones
United Kingdom: 0207-365-0777 Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT; Sat - Sun 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Servicios Web de AA.com en Español U.S. or Canada 1-800-222-2377, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

All Other Locations 1-918-832-1384, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily
• Get AA.com to remember your account number and password? serfty recommends, for personal devices ONLY: Greasemonkeywith the "Allow Password Remembering".

N.B. Older posts have been archived to: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...g-fix-etc.html

/AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2015, 3:19 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage Platinum Pro
could this be a result of them getting ready to merge the reservation systems?
Old Jun 18, 2015, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Silver
I'm seeing something similar: my reservation for Nov is also showing up in Oct with a separate PRN.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 3MM, HH Diamond
I have the same issue. Each one is for a US flight that was booked ($ and awards) using the AA.com website. In each case the phantom is exactly one month before the actual flight. I called both US web services and ExPlat desk and neither one could see the issue. It appears the phantoms have the US Record Locator for the actual reservation.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by surfwmn
could this be a result of them getting ready to merge the reservation systems?
Almost for certain...has me going to LHR on Monday, yippee! (didn't make the res )

Have a US flight exactly one month later.

Last edited by GaryZ; Jun 18, 2015 at 4:23 pm
Old Jun 18, 2015, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
I've got a phantom reservation showing for a supposed DCA/IAD trip...a month ago.

I can click the view/change on it, and it tries to send me to usairways.com, which doesn't recognize the PNR.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP/US CP, United 1K (1MM) , Marriott Plat, Avis Plus
must be winding the rubber bands

Very odd all day: old reservations, mismatched dates, separated AA/US PRNs. Just viewed my reservations and now it seems back to normal. Now if my upgrade at T-12 with 8 open seats would clear....
Old Jun 18, 2015, 8:02 pm

I noticed the same thing today! I thought I would check here and see if there were any reports before I called. I have a trip 8/9 - 8/17 PIT-LAX, it showed a duplicate reservation 7/9 - 7/17! Right now the website and the app just show the correct dates. I don't want to lose this reservation, I got a first class 50,000 mile ticket when the dates first came online last September.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 8:29 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
It all got cleaned up eventually, but yes, there was some fun stuff going on, first the back end system went offline for the app for a little while yesterday (or was it two days ago?), then the funky rez stuff started showing up if you had a USair segment, looked related to some bulk autoconversion of US flights.

Mine was funny, not only did the flight get pulled in by a month, but I had a BA flight codeshared as US which ended up showing as a Malaysia codeshare

No harm done so far, but I wager things are about to get interesting ...
Old Jun 23, 2015, 12:33 pm

Latest delight in dealing with the totally dysfunctional AA:

When I had to change the date on the last leg of my multi-stop trip, I called AA this morning and made the change, paying the ridiculous $200 change fee. The agent, who had to ask me three times what date I was traveling, made the change and sent me a confirmation email. As a bonus, she also cancelled my mid-trip connecting flight!

Now on AA's phone reservations system. First call-in I was told there was a 13-19 minute wait to speak with a representative, but I could just give them my number and they would call me back in that time frame.

The call-back came as promised, and when I confirmed that I was the person requesting the call, I was put through---to a busy signal!

Now on hold for round 2--not choosing the call-back option.

Flyer beware!
Old Jun 27, 2015, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Why do I feel like I'm playing whack-a-mole when trying to book on AA.com?

Trying to book a simple DEN-PIT ticket. Every time I select flights, I get "Sorry the fare has changed" and the fare is now higher.
Start over and I see the lower fare. Click on it and I get the same "Sorry the fare has changed" message.
Try another set of flights... same thing.

Last edited by SFO777; Jun 27, 2015 at 9:29 am Reason: typo
Old Jun 27, 2015, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
I had a flight on hold last night. Realized about 30 minutes before the hold was about to expire that I needed to ticket. Jump on my phone to do so, and of course "system error: that feature is not currently available."

I don't really consider the ability to purchase a flight online a feature so much as the primary purpose for the website to begin with.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to call at that point and my hold expired. Today the flight had doubled in price. I just completed my reservation on United.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by SFO777

Trying to book a simple DEN-PIT ticket. Every time I select flights, I get "Sorry the fare has changed" and the fare is now higher.
Start over and I see the lower fare. Click on it and I get the same "Sorry the fare has changed" message.
If those flights are US, you should go over to the US Airways site and book them there. It's a continuing problem with US flights on the AA website.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 12:04 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SFO777

I had this a couple of weeks ago, I called the AA Help Desk and they said what it was for me (and may be for you) is that one of the flights is due for a schedule change of some sort that will be loaded later tonight which causes the system to get stuck in an endless loop.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 3:08 am

Programs: LH HON
ssl_error_no_cypher_overlap all day long
Old Jul 1, 2015, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Trying to login/check in right now and the site is not loading properly - anyone else experiencing the same?

An error occurred during a connection to www.aa.com. Cannot communicate securely with peer: no common encryption algorithm(s). (Error code: ssl_error_no_cypher_overlap)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.