Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Chances of upgrade clearing / upgrade availability - 2012 and prior)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Chances of upgrade clearing / upgrade availability - 2012 and prior)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2009, 1:12 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by moyrani
I just looked it up again for flight 100 on 8/15 under and EF did not find C availability. There's First Upgrade availability only. I wonder why EF did not send me an alert for C if it was available at the time you saw it?
I just called the AAdvantage desk anyway and the agent said that my mom is still waitlisted and has a good chance of clearing. *crosses fingers*
I think we're probably talking at cross-purposes. I didn't check EF to see whether C was available because I thought you said EF didn't show the "C bucket yet." All I meant was that EF does show C availability (or nonavailability, as the case may be).
Old Jul 6, 2009, 7:44 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Update here, gone from 4 to 5 unassigned seats on AA19 JFK-LAX 07/09...availability: J2 C0.

Still waitlisted for eVIP and requested "X" upgrade pending....Keeping fingers crossed.

Last edited by demkr; Jul 6, 2009 at 7:51 pm
Old Jul 6, 2009, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by demkr
Update here, gone from 4 to 5 unassigned seats on AA19 JFK-LAX 07/09...availability: J2 C0.

Still waitlisted for eVIP and requested "X" upgrade pending....Keeping fingers crossed.
Still three days to go...looking forward to more updates RE: seat assignments.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 8:05 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by gemac
Still three days to go...looking forward to more updates RE: seat assignments.
Preferably as each of the unassigned seats goes away. Very "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall."

Cheers.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 6:01 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
upgrade has cleared!

As of today (48 hours before the flight)...class was "C" so I guess they confirmed the eVIP.Got the seat that I wanted too, believe it or not ) I had a rotten rotten day so it definitely made me feel better that I didn't have to sit in a middle seat on a transcon haha

I think some people in J got upgraded to F and that's how the seats opened up. Just two days ago, the CS Rep told me that there was a 99% chance I would not get it.

Happy to report!
Old Jul 7, 2009, 6:15 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by demkr
As of today (48 hours before the flight)...class was "C" so I guess they confirmed the eVIP.Got the seat that I wanted too, believe it or not ) I had a rotten rotten day so it definitely made me feel better that I didn't have to sit in a middle seat on a transcon haha

I think some people in J got upgraded to F and that's how the seats opened up. Just two days ago, the CS Rep told me that there was a 99% chance I would not get it.

Happy to report!
I'll be resting easier knowing that another FTer has scored an upgrade. It was a little dicey toward the end.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 7:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Originally Posted by HNL
I'll be resting easier knowing that another FTer has scored an upgrade. It was a little dicey toward the end.
As I'm a strong believer in deterministic solutions, I probably would have popped for the $50+15k miles for the very popular/elite heavy AA19 well before it got down to J2 C0.

[but yes, i'm breathing easier too knowing that a fellow EXP FTer didn't have to sit back in steerage on a transcon.]

p.s. demkr - don't forget to use the gogo wifi!
Old Jul 7, 2009, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HNL
I'll miss the suspense. The next two days are going to be kinda bland.

Congrats, demkr.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 7:41 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Not to worry. One upgrade request clears; another upgrade request will be posted.

Any idea how many bottles of beer were taken down and passed around?
Old Jul 7, 2009, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by dayone
Any idea how many bottles of beer were taken down and passed around?
Not nearly enough.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by billgrates3
As I'm a strong believer in deterministic solutions, I probably would have popped for the $50+15k miles for the very popular/elite heavy AA19 well before it got down to J2 C0.

[but yes, i'm breathing easier too knowing that a fellow EXP FTer didn't have to sit back in steerage on a transcon.]

p.s. demkr - don't forget to use the gogo wifi!
Doyou have a current working promo code for the wifi? I think the ones I used in May and June have expired now.

Yeah, I think literally a group of 9-10 folks booked either full fare or award about 5 or so days ago. There were 15 open seats at the time .

Glad everyone was waiting with baited breath for my upgrade, hey we can do this every day lol
Old Jul 7, 2009, 8:05 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Maybe we can fill the time by posting weather updates for random cities...haven't seen one of those threads in a few days.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JY1024
Maybe we can fill the time by posting weather updates for random cities...haven't seen one of those threads in a few days.
Oh, goody. I love weather threads.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 1:14 am

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Is there anyone out there that flies these routes, I'm trying to see some previous experience with regards to sticker upgrades. I'm flying on either Aug 28 (Fri) or Sep 2 (Wed). For LAX-JFK, I would fly on AA 10, 11pm departure or DFW-NYC/PHL, sometime between 3-7pm. I know friday afternoon upgrades are usually impossible but just want to see if anyone out there may have some knowledge on these routes. Please advise which NYC airport has the most likelihood as well. I'll be UPG2T inbound from YVR. Unfortunately my experience is usually eastbound on monday/tuesday and westbound on friday so I don't have anything to based it on. Thanks for the input
Old Jul 17, 2009, 7:28 am

Programs: AA lifetime gold, United Mileage Plus silver, Marriott Platinum Elite
chances of upgrade ORD -MCO on a wed afternoon

As a platinum what are my chances of getting an upgrade from ord to mco. Flying a noon flight on wed afternoon.

also the return is on a saturday evening .... so should be easier to upgrade i guess?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.