Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR NOTE

THIS PROGRAM ENDED 30 NOV 2011 - see the new thread linked to below for current information.
● The terms of the undocumented lifetime status million miles from any / all sources program ended 30 Nov 2011; please read the new
AAdvantage® Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011 for the current terms and conditions.

● To shout out how you made 1MM, 2MM or even more under the new program, please share in:
Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)
American AAdvantage Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2008, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA - ExPlat 1MM Marriott - Platinum, Hertz - Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by vrbaba
sfbarry's profile indicates CA. Assuming he lives in the US and his AA profile address is that of US, he will not get any eVIPs, afaik.
the question should be what qualifies one to get both? Go back one page and look at post #379. I got both the 8 upgrade stickers and the 4 eVIPs at 1MM with a US address.

Last edited by purpleskiesfly; Aug 3, 2008 at 12:04 am Reason: clarification
Old Aug 1, 2008, 10:58 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, SWA A+, SPG Titanium, Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by bdemaria
http://club.live.com/Pages/Home/HomePage.aspx?ac=1

There is also a lengthy thread about it somewhere on FT, essentially you earn tickets by playing computer games and those tickets can be redeemed for FF miles.
That "somewhere" is stickied in the SPAM forum. Lots of info about the games, most efficient use of time, etc. It does require lots of free time, so it's not an option for everyone.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 8:36 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP (1.5MM), Hilton/SPG/Marriott Gold
Program to Date Miles 1,000,248
Last Activity Date:Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Finally posted today, from my Delayed/Late/Missed another flight from DFW_MCI.... A fitting flight to get 1MM, given my AA patterns lately.

By the way, I joined the program in 2001, but cancelled that flight. My first actual flight with AA was in May of 2004, MCI-STL. I started getting aggressive with the promotions, etc in 2006....

The next Million will hopefully be much quicker, since I now know what I am doing....
Old Aug 7, 2008, 12:56 am

Programs: AA PLT (2MM-- thank you FT!), UAL, DL, AF, BA
o n e m i l l i o n m i l e s

Program to Date Miles 1,001,765

Finally!!!

Thanks to everyone here-- would still be a long way from glory without you!!!
Old Aug 9, 2008, 5:52 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP 1MM+, Marriot Platinum, Avis First
I just passed the million miles mark last week. The 8 stickers were deposited into my account within 24 hours. I also got the congratulatory email. Can't wait for the luggage tag to arrive.

Yay me!!
Old Aug 9, 2008, 7:05 pm

Yay!

How long did it take for the email to arrive? (No sign of mine yet...)
Old Aug 9, 2008, 8:28 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP 1MM+, Marriot Platinum, Avis First
I got the email two days after the miles that pushed me beyond the million were posted.
Old Aug 9, 2008, 11:23 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM - Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by moyrani
I got the email two days after the miles that pushed me beyond the million were posted.
I crossed the 1M line a week ago and no email so far.... I´m begining to get worried!!
Old Aug 9, 2008, 11:33 pm

Please post when you do receive something. I'm still waiting as well, but not for as long as you.

Also, I've got what has to be an idiotic question: if non-US members receive eVIPS starting at 1 million, but they are not told in the email that that is what they will receive, and they don't show up on one's f/f statement, how do non-FTers have any idea there are suddenly eVIPs in their account? I'm sure I'm missing something obvious... but what is it?
Old Aug 10, 2008, 6:30 am

Programs: AA, BA, NH, TP
I am just about to hit 1 million miles. But I feel rather inadequate as I have just seen a guy with and EXP tag with 9 Million in the JFK Flagship lounge this morning. That is some amount of flying - he must live on a plane!
Old Aug 10, 2008, 6:40 am
Suspended

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by fatmac70
I am just about to hit 1 million miles. But I feel rather inadequate as I have just seen a guy with and EXP tag with 9 Million in the JFK Flagship lounge this morning. That is some amount of flying - he must live on a plane!
Or not. Could be mostly CC miles.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 11:42 am

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM - Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by frisbeeace
I crossed the 1M line a week ago and no email so far.... I´m begining to get worried!!
After almost 2 long weeks I got the email today. The 1MM program is alive! I feel much more relieved now.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 12:34 pm

Mine just came through this morning as well! Yes!
Old Aug 13, 2008, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, SWA A+, SPG Titanium, Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by edlin303
Well, after starting 2007 with right around 6,000 lifetime miles, I just crossed my 1MM threshold and got EXP for the first time today. I did all the usual suspects: Fido, a bunch of Citi bank and CC offers, but the biggest help was Miscrosoft Live Search Club. At this pace I should be 2MM by this time next year, if not sooner. I don't think the end of this year will be possible, but I'll give it a shot.

Thanks to everyone for all the tips. Now I just have to find ways to burn all of these miles up other than maxing my transfers to Hilton.
Update - July 19th my EXP and 1mm status hit (with all the other AADER people). I never got any sort of e-mail about either, but here is my timeline:

1mm stickers - about a week
EXP VIPs - about a week until my first status e-mail
Combined EXP/1MM packet with tags, card, etc - just under a month (arrived the 11th).

Thanks again FT. 2mm is looking pretty easy now after hitting 1mm.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 2:41 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AA 2MM, Marriott Gold
1MM congrat pkg rec'd

Finally got the 1MM "package", just a few days after the new non-MM PLT card arrived (AADER == awesome).

Can't say I was overwhelmed by the "gift" but 'tis better than nothing. One of those very expensive luggage tags now graces my collection of travel related bric-a-brac.

I suppose I should search for this, but are there other gifts for 2MM and beyond besides lifetime PLT, eVIP's and updated luggage tags?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.