Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR NOTE

THIS PROGRAM ENDED 30 NOV 2011 - see the new thread linked to below for current information.
● The terms of the undocumented lifetime status million miles from any / all sources program ended 30 Nov 2011; please read the new
AAdvantage® Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011 for the current terms and conditions.

● To shout out how you made 1MM, 2MM or even more under the new program, please share in:
Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)
American AAdvantage Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2005, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT

Originally Posted by Johnosan
Last year I clocked up 148,018 in the seat miles but this year my target is expected to only be around 95,000.

Yes must get one of those credit cards that earns AA points - to think all the miles I could have achieved in the last three years makes me wince

I didn't know about the MM thingy until I joined this forum. If I had I would certainly of pulled my finger out and got a different CC back then.
I'm literally hours from crossing over an AA million. Watching my account all day long for postings. I wish to thank all those who helped me along the way. Thanks to advice on FT I've gotten over 500,000 AA miles in less than 5 years via all sorts of flights, purchases, programs and bonuses. Keep them coming! I miss the Kellogg's promotions!
Old Aug 5, 2005, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Lifetime status: just made Gold/Platinum for life! shout & brag etc. consolidated

(This post is a clone of the first post in the thread, and has been replaced with the basic information about lifetime status under the expired undocumented million miles lifetime status program, described below.)

American Airlines has been perhaps unique among the airlines in offering lifetime elite status to its members based on the number of lifetime miles earned from any source.

Basically, here's how it worked: according to miles ever earned from any source (yes, credit cards, EQM, bonus miles, exchange transfers in from other programs, etc. all count, and regardless of whether they have been used or not,) one can earn lifetime AAdvantage status. (This was explained in the Wiki.)

1 million miles - Lifetime AAdvantage Gold status
(and Eight 500 mile domestic upgrade "stickers," unless you live in an area where the 500 mile "stickers" can not be used, in which case you will be awarded 4 eVIP systemwide upgrades;

2 million miles - Lifetime AAdvantage Platinum status
and 4 eVIP / SWUs valid for the remainder of the current, and the following, status years, regardless of domicile

every million miles thereafter
4 more eVIPs, new status and 2 more luggage tags

You were also sent a congratulatory letter, as well as a new AAdvantage status card and two luggage tags - both reflecting current status and embossed with a logo with the millions of miles one has earned over their lifetime.

The highest number of miles by one person earned seems to be 34 million miles (as of this writing).

Last edited by JDiver; Oct 29, 2012 at 4:49 pm Reason: replaced duplicate post with basic information and updated
Old Aug 5, 2005, 4:28 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Yes, if the usual batch processing happens tomorrow as expected, you are hours away! Now that it's a hot nasty summer, you have to find big lots of low-priced Dannon water.

Congratulations!!! ^

Originally Posted by oldpenny16
I'm literally hours from crossing over an AA million. Watching my account all day long for postings. I wish to thank all those who helped me along the way. Thanks to advice on FT I've gotten over 500,000 AA miles in less than 5 years via all sorts of flights, purchases, programs and bonuses. Keep them coming! I miss the Kellogg's promotions!
ROTFL! I post this, the dreaded and obnoxious ad box pops up with a Laser Hair Removal ad? Too much! I'm not quite a billiard ball, but headed in that direction! Great marketing!

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 24, 2010 at 7:37 am
Old Aug 5, 2005, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I'm so close to getting that AA million that I'm ready to send myself

flowers! FTD.com via AA.com eeshopping has been a big source of miles for me. It's so close......I want that total to roll over!
Old Aug 6, 2005, 5:47 am

Just crossed 4-million miles

I just crossed 4-million miles this week. I've been a mileage hog for years now, starting with a 100,000 mile bonus promotion if one flew 5 OneWorld partners. Ah, what we do for miles...
Old Aug 6, 2005, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Only one of my postings came in over night, so I'm still a few miles short

Yes, what we do for miles! Lands' End has double miles on AA eshopping, so I'm going to buy some cotten sheets. Every little bit helps toward the NEXT million. I sure hope it get that million today.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 12:10 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
I was gonna start a new thread, but decided to post to this one instead.

I qualified for 2MM on Feb 12. Received a congratulatory e-mail on March 7. 25 days seems excessive, but them's the facts jack.

Maybe I'll start a new thread when my new EXP card arrives.
Must be a run time thing. I passed 2MM on Feb 27, and received my email today as well. Maybe monthly on the emails?

Cheers.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Hertz Gold, National Exec
Passed 1MM on Feb 7th. Got my email and upgrades today.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat
Originally Posted by mvoight
It could also be limited to the lifetime of the member.

I got my congratulatory package today. It contained two luggage tags and a new EXP card reflecting 1 million miles.

The letter read that I now had Gold status for the lifetime of the program.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 8:30 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sonora
I got my congratulatory package today. It contained two luggage tags and a new EXP card reflecting 1 million miles.

The letter read that I now had Gold status for the lifetime of the program.
Ditto.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 9:01 am

Programs: AA PLT, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum, FPC/Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Like you guys say it must be a sweep, but I guess the beginning of the year piles up for all of you who got recognized March 7.

I crossed over March 9 and was recognized online within 6 days. (the mail for me is slower for tags etc. so I'm not a good comparison point)
Old Apr 4, 2007, 9:47 am

Yay!

Passed my 1M on 3/24, and got my congrats email and "stickers" added to my account as of today, 4/4! Only 989,407 miles to go until my next M.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 7:09 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond, 10% progress towards lifetime Hyatt Diamond
Making 1MM!!!!

With an afternoon mileage post, I crested 1MM this morning. As others have posted here before, my mileage accumulation rate skyrocketed when I found FT.

I posted some time ago in the DC Happy Hour Thread that I would host another Happy Hour when I crossed the threshold:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...&postcount=741

So, keep an eye on the 2007 DC HH Thread if you're going to be in the area, and come celebrate.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=640210

And thanks for your help, everyone!

[Edited to add: Wow! That's a pretty cool 500th post!]
Old Apr 13, 2007, 11:24 pm
Hoc

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by maisany
Passed my 1M on 3/24, and got my congrats email and "stickers" added to my account as of today, 4/4! Only 989,407 miles to go until my next M.
I never got my email, but I checked yesterday and my 4 eVIPs are in my account, so I guess I made it at some point in the recent past.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 7:40 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum 5 million miles
After 22 years of leisure travel, my mother hit the 2,000,000 mile mark today - just a few days after her 73rd birthday! She is currently Platinum so she will retain her status for her lifetime or the lifetime of the AAdvantage program.

Almost all of her miles were earned through BIS miles and elite bonus miles; she has been Platinum for the past twelve years and was Gold for three years before that.

I cannot wait for her VIP upgrades to appear; she has promised me two of them. iI is only fair since I shared two of mine with her when I hit 2,000,000 miles five years ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.