Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR NOTE

THIS PROGRAM ENDED 30 NOV 2011 - see the new thread linked to below for current information.
● The terms of the undocumented lifetime status million miles from any / all sources program ended 30 Nov 2011; please read the new
AAdvantage Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011 for the current terms and conditions.

● To shout out how you made 1MM, 2MM or even more under the new program, please share in:
Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)
American AAdvantage Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2007, 3:42 pm

Programs: Back to AA EXP for 2018 after 1 year on worthless Plat Pro
Originally Posted by steve32
I agree. My "celebration" occured in released anticipation and over the lunch I was sharing with a friend for the projected transaction that put me over the hump. (And he offered to join me for lunch, offering to pay me cash so I could put it all on my CC for the miles, even though he chuckles at my focus on that; though the real reason for his asking to join me was to go over coordinating ourselves for me to help him work on his sailboat, winching his butt to the top of his mast).

My disappointment is directed more at the fact that American Airlines/ AAdvantage Marketing doesn't look like they are trying very hard in their customer service role. It doesn't take much to spruce up the language of a congradulatory e-mail when you have an entire department that is supposed to be dedicated to that kind of thing. They have been at it for 26 years now, and that's the best they can come up with?

Yes, the milestone is not as exceptional as it was in the 80's, but I'll bet they said it better back then. Why should they pare it down all the way to what it is now?

I want AA/AAdvantage to do well enough to be able to enjoy my lifetime benefits for a long lifetime. Their apparant lack of enthusiasm doesn't inspire a lot of enthusiasm from their customers, which is contrary to that goal which we should be sharing.

Just sharing my thoughts. Please do so too.

Steve
Rapidly approaching 2mm and looking forward to my love letter from AA.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
All I care about is lifetime status, stickers, and VIPs.

The sooner I can get to lifetime PLT, I won't have to worry about buying vs. using miles in years when I'm not on the road to EXP (travel fluctuates for me).

That's what I care about...not a letter printed on cheap paper.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, SPG Gold, HH, Marriott Silver, Delta, United, TSA Prechk/GE
Originally Posted by aamilesslave
All I care about is lifetime status, stickers, and VIPs.

The sooner I can get to lifetime PLT, I won't have to worry about buying vs. using miles in years when I'm not on the road to EXP (travel fluctuates for me).

That's what I care about...not a letter printed on cheap paper.
I agree! 1MM in February, and I'm 1/10th of the way to 2MM already.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 4:52 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
The happiest day of my AA life, other than hitting EXP for the first time was hitting 2MM last November.

Lifetime PLT for now is quite an achievement for me. Most of my miles are BIS and then my PLT/EXP bonus, not too many promotions work for SEA-based fliers.

Now, I just book who I want to go where I want instead of looking at AA's schedule.

lala
Old Jun 6, 2007, 5:39 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
In my opinion, most folks who cross a million miles ever earned threshold probably have no clue 1) they did, 2) it is meaningful in any way, and 3) have less of a clue they earned lifetime status of any kind, much less 500 mile upgrades. Only a few are among the truly obsessed and are aware... so while we may find the verbiage parsimonious and colorless, I suspect the unknowing / surprised might actually like it.

Even some AA employees are not so clued - at BWI, where I suspect they don't have the number of eggsplats pas through as, say, IAD, one employee of some years' duration saw my card and exclaimed "Wow! 3 million miles - that's a serious achievement!" 'Tis obvious he never browsed these pages, where we have at least one member with 16M.

BTW, congratulations, Steve! The next M comes easier, and with nicer gifts (the 4 VIPs.)
Old Jun 7, 2007, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Deltahater
I guess a bit more ra ra would have been helpful
Shouldn't we just be glad the program exists?
Old Jun 7, 2007, 12:04 pm

Programs: WN Prefered, BA Gold, Marriott Gold and a bunch of others
Talking

I'd still like to know how he did this in such a short period of time.......
Old Jun 16, 2007, 4:18 am

Programs: AA EXP 3mm, Hertz Presidents Circle, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I just made 1M / 2M miles - Gold / Platinum for life! shout and brag master thread

hey, not an EXP qual post, but just crossed 1MM! Hurrah! (Now the race is on to beat my father to 2mm. He's got a 200k head start on me!)

also, since there was a segment chat a little while ago, last year I made EXP all ways, Segments, EQM and EQP. And all of it in paid coach with no COS bonus. Whew. (actually picked up the 125k exp bonus, too, but my SO ate up the free eVips.)

looking on point for a repeat this year. man the eVips as sweet. Considered "residing" in london for the week I crossed 1mm to get more, but honestly felt a little excessive. (however, my conversation with the EXP line agent was funny.
Me: Why do I need 8 extra stickers for 1mm? I get them for free??
CSR: Well, you can use them for your spouse or children?
Me: I don't have a spouse. I don't have children. I don't know anyone I'd even like to have sit next to me!! Come on?!
CSR: ::laughing:: Lemme see what I can do.

(in the end I didn't get anything for the effort, but at least the CSR tried!)

ooookay, looks like I've rambled on a bit too much.

adios.
Old Jun 16, 2007, 7:53 pm

Congratulations, ayton!

The good news and the bad news" the Gold glimmer will last as long as you do / the program does.

(I hijacked your thread and made it into a master thread for others who make 1M / 2M (you will do that more rapidly than you made 2M, I suspect,) and linked it to the Unofficial Users' Guide.)

The Actual Million Miles Benefits thread is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=576276 and we might do some transferring of pure "I made it" posts here.

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 16, 2007 at 9:05 pm Reason: add a bit
Old Jun 16, 2007, 8:46 pm

I thought of that, but then that thread is really about the benefits, this one is for the occasional member who needs to let us know they have crossed the line, er, threshold. I might skulk that thread to see if there are any brag posts that should be merged into this one, however - we can keep an eye and see if it works. Thanks!

Originally Posted by HNL
better to merge with the other million mile master thread, No?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...=million+miles
Old Jun 16, 2007, 8:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA GLD
Can we have sticky threads for the following?

Just reached 0.5MM (halfway to LT GLD)

Just reached 0.25MM (a quarter of the way to LT GLD)

Just reached 1.5MM (halfway to LT PLT after reaching LT GLD)

etc.

BTW, I'm so excited about making GLD, even if it's not LT.
Old Jun 16, 2007, 9:27 pm

Sure - we can devote the first three pages to stickies. Not!

Gold is a great start - but now, you may find yourself jonesing for more miles and status.

Originally Posted by LGAJFK
Can we have sticky threads for the following?

<snip>
Old Jun 19, 2007, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Thank You FT - Hit the 1st MM

Program to Date Miles: 1,002,017

I wanted to give a big thank you to everyone on FT, especially the AA board. I do not remember how I stumbled on the site, but once I started lurking I was hooked. I started in '05 with 245,000 miles. I learned the ins and outs and started going on mileage and segment runs. I started '06 with 423,000 miles. I went on the DFW/DAL fly3's and other runs and earned 346,000 miles that year to end with 769,000. Now, I am EXP and have crossed the 1st mm all thanks to everyone here.

Keep on Flying ^
Old Jun 19, 2007, 9:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA GLD
Originally Posted by AA4LIFE
Program to Date Miles: 1,002,017

I wanted to give a big thank you to everyone on FT, especially the AA board. I do not remember how I stumbled on the site, but once I started lurking I was hooked. I started in '05 with 245,000 miles. I learned the ins and outs and started going on mileage and segment runs. I started '06 with 423,000 miles. I went on the DFW/DAL fly3's and other runs and earned 346,000 miles that year to end with 769,000. Now, I am EXP and have crossed the 1st mm all thanks to everyone here.

Keep on Flying ^
Be prepared for many posts like the following:

"Please be sure to let us know periodically of your progress towards 2MM. We're breathlessly awaiting news of each milestone!"

But don't let the curmudgeons get you down; this is the new FT, where civility trumps content. And seriously, congratulations!
Old Jun 19, 2007, 9:05 pm

One more AAdict! Congratulations, AA4LIFE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.