Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR NOTE

THIS PROGRAM ENDED 30 NOV 2011 - see the new thread linked to below for current information.
● The terms of the undocumented lifetime status million miles from any / all sources program ended 30 Nov 2011; please read the new
AAdvantage® Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011 for the current terms and conditions.

● To shout out how you made 1MM, 2MM or even more under the new program, please share in:
Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)
American AAdvantage Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2008, 3:58 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
One way you can do that is to upgrade servicepeople or veterans you spot at the gate and see there are available upgrade spots for. Iirc, the last one I did this with was a WW II vet DFW - SMF - he said he had never been in First Class and found it "amazing " (more seat space, drinks food, etc.)

Of course, the other side is someday you may revert to Platinum, since there is no lifetime EP program, and you will still have lots of "stickers" to fall back on.

Originally Posted by JPL9869
I have a wife and 2 kids that I would love to upgrade. The only problem there is that the kids are under 2 and the only places we go as a family are all operated by Eagle...

If I could donate my stickers to a soldier, I would do so in a heartbeat. I have a years worth of experience "overseas" with the military, so I know what they have been through.

All of my travel is Eagle to either DFW or ORD and then it's international...
Old Jul 7, 2008, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
One way you can do that is to upgrade servicepeople or veterans you spot at the gate and see there are available upgrade spots for. Iirc, the last one I did this with was a WW II vet DFW - SMF - he said he had never been in First Class and found it "amazing " (more seat space, drinks food, etc.)

Of course, the other side is someday you may revert to Platinum, since there is no lifetime EP program, and you will still have lots of "stickers" to fall back on.
I didn't think I can I do that for a flight I am not on? Other than Eagle flights, I am only on international flights...

What do you mean no lifetime EP? I am doing the challenge as we speak, they just don't know it yet.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA EP 4+ million miles, Ambassador+ Elite
4mm

Have 12K to go to 4MM. I assume there is nothing I gain other than EVIP with this?
Old Jul 7, 2008, 8:11 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Correct. You have to be there... I was trying to imply, it seems, that it had to be your flight - you can only upgrade a traveling companion with "stickers," even if hastily chosen. And it only works domestic, near Americas & Caribbean. On a VIP only flight, you can choose to become real generous, but...

Please do post your secret information to the EP Challenge; I'll reciprocate with the secret handshake that gets non-flyers into the Flagship Lounge. (Hint: it involves also carrying boxes from Sysco...)

Originally Posted by JPL9869
I didn't think I can I do that for a flight I am not on? Other than Eagle flights, I am only on international flights...

What do you mean no lifetime EP? I am doing the challenge as we speak, they just don't know it yet.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by 1AAFlyer
Have 12K to go to 4MM. I assume there is nothing I gain other than EVIP with this?
Bragging rights? That is very impressive.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 8:35 pm

Just noting todays date with this post. I will reach 1MM by this time next year. Currently I have 205k...
Old Jul 7, 2008, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Originally Posted by 1AAFlyer
What condition is your lumbar/lower back in? That's really a lot of BIS!
Old Jul 8, 2008, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
Correct. You have to be there... I was trying to imply, it seems, that it had to be your flight - you can only upgrade a traveling companion with "stickers," even if hastily chosen. And it only works domestic, near Americas & Caribbean. On a VIP only flight, you can choose to become real generous, but...

Please do post your secret information to the EP Challenge; I'll reciprocate with the secret handshake that gets non-flyers into the Flagship Lounge. (Hint: it involves also carrying boxes from Sysco...)
The EP challenge is a complicated formula that involves a regression analysis taking into account past TWA miles, the julian date on when it is requested and the price of a large supreme pizza at Woody's bar from !993 in Estherville, IA.

Or you could just do my job until you die...
Old Jul 8, 2008, 8:32 pm

Mrs. emaij just made 1mm. I hope to make it in early 2009.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA GLD,DL,UA
Just made LT Gold with 1,000,057 miles.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 7:36 am

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), Marriott Tit
Just crossed 1MM thanks to Gexa energy. Looking forward to replacing my "common" EXP luggage tags.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 8:23 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, PCR Plat/Amb
Originally Posted by PlatinumScum
Just crossed 1MM thanks to Gexa energy. Looking forward to replacing my "common" EXP luggage tags.
Wow, are you lighting the Taj Mahal? Congrats.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 10:33 am

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), Marriott Tit
Originally Posted by martinp13
Wow, are you lighting the Taj Mahal? Congrats.
No, but cooling a 4-bedroom house in North Texas results in approximately the same energy consumption.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 10:36 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by PlatinumScum
I wish I was able to use them for my energy provider. For some reason our city is required to go through CoServ.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 12:56 pm
mlw

Programs: CO Gold Elite, NW Gold Elite
Lifetime elite status

What are the threshold lifetime miles needed for lifetime elite status on AA? It might be in an obvious place in the AA website, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.