Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR NOTE

THIS PROGRAM ENDED 30 NOV 2011 - see the new thread linked to below for current information.
● The terms of the undocumented lifetime status million miles from any / all sources program ended 30 Nov 2011; please read the new
AAdvantage® Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011 for the current terms and conditions.

● To shout out how you made 1MM, 2MM or even more under the new program, please share in:
Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)
American AAdvantage Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2008, 11:50 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro/4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
As previously mentioned, I crossed the 2 million mile mark on 5/27 and received my kit today on 6/17.

Enclosed in the kit were 2 luggage tags and an ID card awesomely proclaiming my 2 million miler status.

Unexpected, and even better were 4 systemwide upgrades!

Couple that with vested Platinum status, and it makes me very glad I've been loyal to AA. Regardless of this amazing perk, they've safely and professionally traveled me many, many miles, and I'm glad to be able to give them my business.

(And no, I don't own any stock in AMR, which is probably a good thing right now, nor do I work for the company... I just truly appreciate their service, especially when I've flown just about everyone else, and know the product they provide!)
Old Jun 18, 2008, 7:05 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Just made 1MM! ^

I am so excited that I just got another 8 stickers, I have 40 now! They are such a big help as an EXP...
Old Jun 18, 2008, 7:37 am

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by JPL9869
I am so excited that I just got another 8 stickers, I have 40 now! They are such a big help as an EXP...
Does that mean the 32 you already had weren't much help when you were actually earning them?

(And do you never travel with family, friends, and/or colleagues?)
Old Jun 18, 2008, 7:43 am

Programs: AA ConciergeKey, EXP, CO SILVER, SPG PLT
1MM, Part of the club!!!

I just hit the 1MM mark today ^. It took a lot of flying with 100K just in the last 4 months. I will welcome the LT Gold but I truly enjoy the perks from being an EXP.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 10:48 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT (2 MM); Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Talking Made 1 MM!

After 5 years of weekly hops ORD <> MSP, and 10 years of AAdvantage membership overall, I finally made 1 MM last week! Thanks to all you sage FT members for your wisdom and advice!
Old Jun 24, 2008, 11:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Congrats!
Old Jun 25, 2008, 1:21 am

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Just made 1MM! ^

don't you have a girl or boy friend you take with you and who you want to upgrade? OR you could use your stickers to (maybe, if they let you) upgrade a soldier returning from the hell of Iraq/Afghanistan...
Old Jul 3, 2008, 1:42 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, AA 1MM
Made it!

Last Activity Date: Saturday, June 28, 2008
Program to Date Miles: 1,001,389

Couldn't have done it without FT. Thanks everyone!

(I was terrified this benefit would go the way of the dodo bird before I could hit it. I haven't gotten my golden ticket yet, but I'm relieved to have -- I hope! -- gotten in before it's too late.)
Old Jul 3, 2008, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat / HH Diamond
Still working my way towards 1MM
Old Jul 3, 2008, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA PLT LIFE, SPG Platinum, LHW LC, Fairmont PC
2 MM Miles

Hit 2MM in May - nice to have lifetime Platinum status.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2MM , HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Hit Plat via challenge

Got there last week thanks to this site. The only mistake I made was starting it April 16th instead of June 16th (2009 impact), but since I'm at 30 segments already this year I should qualify.
A special note about AA: A CSR (after the 1st one told me it would make no difference) entered my flight info for the Plat challenge-qualifying flight and it posted 12 hours later---that's service!
Old Jul 5, 2008, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AA/AC, AA 1MM, WN, UA, DL, CO
Made it!

Crossed 1MM on a 6/18/08 flight. Received congratulatory email the following week (upgrades posted the day after the email). Luggage tags (and letter confirming lifetime Gold) arrived today.

I, too, was worried they'd change the program just as I crossed the line.

Can probably attribute about 60k of those million miles to FT....thanks to all.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 4:17 pm

3MM and Counting

I very seldom post, which is ridiculous given I've lurked almost every day for nearly 7 years. So this seemed like a good, safe opportunity to pat myself on the back.

3MM - and I'm getting tired.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by billgrates3
don't you have a girl or boy friend you take with you and who you want to upgrade? OR you could use your stickers to (maybe, if they let you) upgrade a soldier returning from the hell of Iraq/Afghanistan...
I have a wife and 2 kids that I would love to upgrade. The only problem there is that the kids are under 2 and the only places we go as a family are all operated by Eagle...

If I could donate my stickers to a soldier, I would do so in a heartbeat. I have a years worth of experience "overseas" with the military, so I know what they have been through.

All of my travel is Eagle to either DFW or ORD and then it's international...
Old Jul 7, 2008, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
I have a wife and 2 kids that I would love to upgrade. The only problem there is that the kids are under 2 and the only places we go as a family are all operated by Eagle...

If I could donate my stickers to a soldier, I would do so in a heartbeat. I have a years worth of experience "overseas" with the military, so I know what they have been through.

All of my travel is Eagle to either DFW or ORD and then it's international...
Don't know about donating the stickers, but you can call AA Customer Service and "cash" the stickers in for 500 miles each. Not a great deal, esp. since stickers don't expire and you might not always be EXP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.