Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR NOTE

THIS PROGRAM ENDED 30 NOV 2011 - see the new thread linked to below for current information.
● The terms of the undocumented lifetime status million miles from any / all sources program ended 30 Nov 2011; please read the new
AAdvantage® Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011 for the current terms and conditions.

● To shout out how you made 1MM, 2MM or even more under the new program, please share in:
Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)
American AAdvantage Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2008, 2:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by benzguy80
I suppose I should search for this, but are there other gifts for 2MM and beyond besides lifetime PLT, eVIP's and updated luggage tags?
No.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 11:49 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, SWA A+, SPG Titanium, Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by benzguy80
Finally got the 1MM "package", just a few days after the new non-MM PLT card arrived (AADER == awesome).
I was actually wishing they would have posted further apart. I could use separate sets of bag tags. I need to replace the WN ones on all my bags, lest I anger a baggage handler at AA.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 12:46 am

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
Originally Posted by edlin303
I was actually wishing they would have posted further apart. I could use separate sets of bag tags. I need to replace the WN ones on all my bags, lest I anger a baggage handler at AA.
I had the same quandary. I am at 1,952,324 and was concerned that between getting a new AA Mastercard and some more flights I might end up with only one set of tags. I just got my AADER EXP tags last week so I am good there. However, now I am in no hurry to cross 2M because I'm not sure how I will be able to make good use of 8 EVIPS next year, let alone the other 4 I will get for crossing 2M. I'd prefer to get the next 4 next year and have more time to make use of them. And then there's the additional 2 for crossing 125K EQM. Such problems to have!
Old Aug 14, 2008, 8:22 am

Programs: AA EXP (2.4 MM)
Just posted this morning:

Program to Date Miles 1,002,967

Thanks to all here at FT for all your insight and advise. I have actually been a member of Aadvantage since 1984 when I worked in the DFW area, but took a job in Seattle in 1987 and went over to the darkside--UA. Returned back to AA in 2005. Sure wish I had those 500,000+ BIS miles on UA in my AA account.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA PLT (2MM-- thank you FT!), UAL, DL, AF, BA
eVIP question

Do non-USA based, non EXP, new 1MMmilers receive written, electronic, or any kind of notification when their eVIPs post? Does anyone have any idea how long that takes (is it processed with the 1MM acknowledgment email... or when the package is mailed out, etc)? I assume there must be some kind of letter, right? If not, how would non-FTers (and non EXPers) know they have eVIPs in their acct?
Old Aug 14, 2008, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA PLT 3MM, DL PM 2MM
Will soon turn 60

Like the turtle rather than the rabbit....slow and steady....just stuck with AA since the 70's.....400,000 miles to go to 3MM.....any VIP tickets etc if one hits it....glad to see the new 737 coming and the BA, AA, IB partnership....just an old loyal AA guy....nothing is perfect but this airlines over the years has been predictable and have tried to maintain standards....again just putting it all in perspective in tough times....
Old Aug 14, 2008, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by bcj1949
Like the turtle rather than the rabbit....slow and steady....just stuck with AA since the 70's.....400,000 miles to go to 3MM.....any VIP tickets etc if one hits it....glad to see the new 737 coming and the BA, AA, IB partnership....just an old loyal AA guy....nothing is perfect but this airlines over the years has been predictable and have tried to maintain standards....again just putting it all in perspective in tough times....
Yes, at present 4 eVIPs are awarded to 2MM + milestone
Old Aug 22, 2008, 8:39 am

Programs: AA-PLT 2.0mm MR-PLT HH-DIA
Mine just posted this morning as well 2,000,657 thanks to my latest European trip. Finally, after a long time coming. Thanks to all the helpful posts and insight here from AA FTers! Looking forward to those evips!

Cheers,

Chris
Old Aug 25, 2008, 10:48 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, SPG
I too just got my welcome packet for 2MM- woo hoo!! Thanks to all the FTers here for their collective wisdom- would have been a little longer journey to this stage without you.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 8:26 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP (1.5MM), Hilton/SPG/Marriott Gold
I crossed the threshold (on aa.com) on Aug 4th. I have not received any email, or mail communication of any kind. Should i be nervous, or more patient?
Old Aug 26, 2008, 9:37 am

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AA 2MM, Marriott Gold
patience is suggested. the acknowledgment of MM thresholds crossed takes several weeks according to previous postings. the snail mail packet (USPS) takes even longer (luggage tags + new elite card)
Old Aug 26, 2008, 1:01 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP 1MM+, Marriot Platinum, Avis First
I got the MM luggage tags on Friday. The "1 Million" miles symbol is tiny, but I'm still excited.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 11:46 am

Location: PHL/KOA - SU '03 M BB NCAA Champs/Phillies '08 WS Champs/Eagles '18 SB Champs
Programs: AA EXP (3MM)/HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ja_user
I crossed the threshold (on aa.com) on Aug 4th. I have not received any email, or mail communication of any kind. Should i be nervous, or more patient?
As a point of comparison, I passed 2 MM on August 5, the miles posted to AA on August 7, my account turned to platinum on AA.com on August 11, I received an email congratulating me on August 13 and today, August 26, received my new card, luggage tags and letter (announcing the four e-vips).

I already applied two of the e-vips - once my account turned to plat on August 11, I called in to upgrade two flights next month - turns out the e-vips weren't in my account yet, but the great customer service rep was able to get "approval" to "pull" two of the e-vips and apply them to my upcoming flights. ^
Old Aug 27, 2008, 11:54 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP (1.5MM), Hilton/SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tudorcity
As a point of comparison, I passed 2 MM on August 5, the miles posted to AA on August 7, my account turned to platinum on AA.com on August 11, I received an email congratulating me on August 13 and today, August 26, received my new card, luggage tags and letter (announcing the four e-vips).

I already applied two of the e-vips - once my account turned to plat on August 11, I called in to upgrade two flights next month - turns out the e-vips weren't in my account yet, but the great customer service rep was able to get "approval" to "pull" two of the e-vips and apply them to my upcoming flights. ^
Thanks for the reference, since my miles actually changed on Aug 4th, i was expecting something by now.... Of course, I am Plat and crossing 1MM, so I have nothing online to see. I guess I will just wait for the email or snail mail.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 1:45 pm
Biz

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Plat
Thumbs up First Post - will hit 2M this month

Hi,

I've been a member for a while, but have only lurked on various threads. But it looks like I will hit 2M with AA this month as soon as my credit card amounts posts. I was happy to discover that it looks like lifetime platinum is still out there.

Question - I assume I will need to use the e-vips by end of Feb 2009, right?

Just wanted to let you know that Flyertalk has been something I've turned to for information over the past several months as it concerns my frequent travels. Thanks for all the good information. It's very cool that this is here.

Biz

Last edited by Biz; Sep 3, 2008 at 2:29 pm Reason: added question

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.