Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR NOTE

THIS PROGRAM ENDED 30 NOV 2011 - see the new thread linked to below for current information.
● The terms of the undocumented lifetime status million miles from any / all sources program ended 30 Nov 2011; please read the new
AAdvantage® Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011 for the current terms and conditions.

● To shout out how you made 1MM, 2MM or even more under the new program, please share in:
Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)
American AAdvantage Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2008, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by pushback
Why on Earth would AA want to aquire AirAsia?
So that Okijames can be all set? After all, they know why he flies...
Old Oct 9, 2008, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA 2MM former EXP - driven away by "Enhancements", MVPG75, Hilton Diamond
Finally!

Crossed 1MM this weekend!

I started off real slow in the mid-90's, but then I found FT, which led to:

The 20/20 promo, which initiated the serious quest for miles
The Gold Challenge
The Plat Challenge
The mileage run for EXP

The second million should be a lot faster.

Thanks so much! It's been a good ride.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA LTP, Bonvoy LTT,
Ha, I biffed it and used the postal code for Alaska.
Old Oct 26, 2008, 11:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Living the dream in Antigua and the nightmare in Florida
Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, *A Gold, WN detractor
And I joined the 2MM club Friday night.

Strange thing is that given the level of "service" from AA, and their dis-interest in SJC, I have lost interest in focusing on AA. Trouble is, SJC is rapidly becoming a WN dominated port. AA only has 5 gates left - WN has taken over the rest of them. I was planning to focus more on UA this year, but they have nuked too many flights. I refuse to fly NW or US unless absolutely necessary, and the thought of using CO's EWR and CLE hubs boggle the mind. What's a poor SJC FF to do? Back to DL? The future is not so bright...
Old Nov 21, 2008, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat), HH DIA, Hyatt DIA
As of today....One million, two thousand forty eight and counting.

Thank you! ^
Old Nov 21, 2008, 11:45 pm

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
Has anyone here crossed 2MM by merging in another account? When I got the last Citibank card they opened up a new AAdvantage account for me. I am at ~1,980,000 now. I'm concerned that merging in 25K miles from the other account won't trigger the 2MM event in their system. I may wait until I cross 2MM organically and then merge it in.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 8:13 am

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Has anyone here crossed 2MM by merging in another account? When I got the last Citibank card they opened up a new AAdvantage account for me. I am at ~1,980,000 now. I'm concerned that merging in 25K miles from the other account won't trigger the 2MM event in their system. I may wait until I cross 2MM organically and then merge it in.
I can't imagine why they wouldn't trigger it.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by billgrates3
pssst! here's the secret... charge lots of things on your aa/citi credit card!
(i have as many miles from the card as from flying)
Or get the Citi AAdvantage Debit Card. I charge about $25K a month on mine for work expenses and I do not have to worry about carrying a balance.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
1,009,068 and lifetime Gold as of a couple weeks ago!
Old Nov 26, 2008, 9:25 am

Just got the official 1MM email this morning from AA. Took 1.5 weeks from when I crossed, but I'm not complaining. So angry my company cancelled my job transfer to Europe, would have made 2MM easy in a few years!!!
Old Nov 26, 2008, 1:59 pm

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
Originally Posted by MileageGoblin
So angry my company cancelled my job transfer to Europe
Don't feel too bad! My company didn't cancel my job transfer--they canceled my job as of 12/1! And after everything I am expecting to post has posted, I am at 1,983,265!
Old Nov 26, 2008, 4:55 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Don't feel too bad! My company didn't cancel my job transfer--they canceled my job as of 12/1! And after everything I am expecting to post has posted, I am at 1,983,265!
Ouch, sorry to hear that
Old Nov 26, 2008, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by dstan
Ouch, sorry to hear that
Yeah. All dressed up and a new EXP and nowhere to go!
Old Nov 26, 2008, 9:35 pm

Yeah. All dressed up and a new EXP and nowhere to go!
I'm in the same boat (except the job part, sorry pushback on that bad news). I made EXP off of my business trips to Europe and West Coast. With the economy tanking, the company cancelled it and now I have nowhere to go with my EXP status as all operations/expenses are tightening up.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
I know 1MM & 2MM miles lifetime status are technically unpublished benefits and I don't want to start any rumors but any chance this could be done away with in the near future? I'm about 75k away from 1MM and am trying to hit before Jan. 1.

Since I've started on the endeavor of trying to get 1MM I've been worried they would end the lifetime status before I got to 1MM. Since I'm so close and it's the end of the year and at the end of a year where AA added a lot of fees, raised fees, etc. So I'm extra paranoid this could go away 12/31/08.

Am I just being paranoid?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.