Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR NOTE

THIS PROGRAM ENDED 30 NOV 2011 - see the new thread linked to below for current information.
● The terms of the undocumented lifetime status million miles from any / all sources program ended 30 Nov 2011; please read the new
AAdvantage® Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011 for the current terms and conditions.

● To shout out how you made 1MM, 2MM or even more under the new program, please share in:
Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)
American AAdvantage Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2009, 9:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by queenladyk
Hit my first MM a couple of weeks ago and thanks to all of the FTers - I am currently living abroad and just changed my address based upon some of the posts in FT - and received 4 VIPs and the best part () new luggage tags with 1 million circled.
i hit mm in june and i didn't get any vip's. i only got 8 e500 upgrades. did i miss somethign i was supposed to get?
Old Feb 25, 2009, 9:19 am

Programs: AA EXP (2.4 MM)
Originally Posted by imgonnafly
i hit mm in june and i didn't get any vip's. i only got 8 e500 upgrades. did i miss somethign i was supposed to get?
You get 8 Stickers for crossing the 1mm threshold and 4 evips for crossing the 2mm threshold and each subsequent mm threshold.

You get 4 evips when you cross the 1mm threshold if you have a foreign address on your Aadvantage account.
Old Feb 25, 2009, 9:20 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
No. If you are US-based, you get 8 of the 500-mile upgrades at 1MM. At each subsequent MM boundary (2MM, 3MM, etc.) you will get 4 eVIPs (SWUs) even if US-based.

Cheers.
Old Feb 25, 2009, 9:31 am

Programs: AA, US, SPG, Hilton, Avis
Originally Posted by brp
No. If you are US-based, you get 8 of the 500-mile upgrades at 1MM. At each subsequent MM boundary (2MM, 3MM, etc.) you will get 4 eVIPs (SWUs) even if US-based.

Cheers.
Note to self:
Change o foreign address before reaching 1MM....

Old Feb 25, 2009, 9:39 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, & EP 2024-25; Southwest A-List
Hi,

Its different when you hit 2MM (lifetime plat instead of lifetime gold, and 4eVIPs to boot) and each million after that (additional 4 eVIPs).
Old Feb 25, 2009, 4:39 pm
Suspended

thanks all. wish i had found ft before i passed my MM, i woudl have changed to a foreign address to get the 4 e-vip's! oh well. i just have to get another million i guess...
Old Feb 25, 2009, 7:16 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LTT, Hyatt Exp, AA 1MM, UA Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Hit 1MM at the end of December. Got my 8 stickers and a new card. Hope I never hit 2MM.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 12:38 pm

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
Phew! Finally made it to 2M, Tuesday (2/24) flying from SFO->JFK on my way to a job interview.

Speaking of which--PM me is you know of any technical outside sales gigs. I made EXP for the first time and I don't want to waste it sitting home!
Old Mar 2, 2009, 7:01 am

Programs: AA PLT 6MM
My Scotiabank credit card miles took me over the 4 million mark today. Over 90% of my miles were earned the proper way though.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 7:17 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.6MM
EXP hitting the 1MM...tickers

Question, I'm already a EXP, hitting the 1MM will get me 8 tickers that as a EXP we don't even use! Any information on this?
Old Mar 2, 2009, 7:36 am

Programs: AA PLT 6MM
Originally Posted by themagicman00
Question, I'm already a EXP, hitting the 1MM will get me 8 tickers that as a EXP we don't even use! Any information on this?
You can switch these to 4 systemwide upgrades if your address with AA is outside North America
Old Mar 2, 2009, 9:11 am

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AA 2MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by themagicman00
Assuming you have a US address, you'll get the 8 stickers regardless of your status. That you are EXP and have no immediate use for them is irrelevant.

The good news is stickers (unlike eVIPs) don't expire.

Your options are (a) use them to upgrade someone who isn't EXP, (b) save them for when you are no longer EXP, or (c) request to have them converted to miles and deposited into your account.

good luck!

PS: actually the 8 stickers come from having address in N. America, not necessarily just US

Last edited by benzguy80; Mar 2, 2009 at 9:12 am Reason: added correction with postscript
Old Mar 2, 2009, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA 4.0 MM Lifetime Platinum
thanks all. wish i had found ft before i passed my MM, i woudl have changed to a foreign address to get the 4 e-vip's! oh well. i just have to get another million i guess...
You're joking.

Aren't you?
Old Mar 2, 2009, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, DAL PLT, CTL PLT
Confirmation of Vested Platinum

Originally Posted by MJC-CT
Jilz is right, no one has received confirmation in 2009 on vested platinum status. While this has caused me some discomfort while awaiting the letter, I believe I recall from the 1MM process that the lifetime gold was only mentioned in the letter - not in the email.
Isn't it a bit odd that no one in 2009 has receiver the mailing that confirms vested lifetime status for Platinum after passing 2MM miles? I passed that line in January, got my email and upgrades, but never got the letter. I know Grover had status changed from Gold to Platinum on the basis of 2MM, but I would like to see the letter with the confirmation. Has anyone receiver that letter?
Old Mar 3, 2009, 4:53 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
I hit 2 million miles on January 3, 2009. EVIPs deposited and an email received (doesn't mention Plat for Life, but does say expect our letter and "gifts" in about 8 weeks). Still no snail mail letter, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.