Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR NOTE

THIS PROGRAM ENDED 30 NOV 2011 - see the new thread linked to below for current information.
● The terms of the undocumented lifetime status million miles from any / all sources program ended 30 Nov 2011; please read the new
AAdvantage® Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011 for the current terms and conditions.

● To shout out how you made 1MM, 2MM or even more under the new program, please share in:
Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)
American AAdvantage Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2008, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, HHonors Diamond, National
Is it worth it anymore?

Just got the official notice that I passed 1,000,000 miles last week (of course I knew it). Lifetime Gold once seemed like a worthwhile goal. After seeing how devalued miles are and even status being less than it used to be I wonder if it will have any real meaning in the future.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 10:31 pm

Same here. Got the email today and the 8 stickers added to my account. I'm EXP through 2/2010, but will not be requalifying. Also have 10 new evips after the 125k bonus this year, so the 8 stickers may actually be more valuable to me as i don't forsee using all the evips.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 12:59 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by Ross0
I'm EXP through 2/2010, but will not be requalifying.
Why is that?
Old Sep 18, 2008, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
[QUOTE=Biz;10321428]
Originally Posted by mvoight
Why spend money transferring miles around that you already have, instead of just buying them?

It costs a lot more to buy miles than to share miles. $625 to buy 25K miles vs. $250 to share.
But, with buying miles, you are getting miles added. With sharing, you are paying a fee to just move them.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by tom911
Why is that?
Unfortunately, I won't be able to fly nearly that much in 2009.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by billgrates3
don't be so sure.... for example, I passed 1MM only 18 months ago, after joining aadvantage in 1990. Now i'm almost to 1.6MM
i dont think im nearly as good at accumulating miles as some others. im crawling along to even get to 1MM and lifetime gold, even with my tendencies to fly A LOT
Old Sep 22, 2008, 8:58 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, PCR Plat/Amb
Originally Posted by ethang801
i dont think im nearly as good at accumulating miles as some others. im crawling along to even get to 1MM and lifetime gold, even with my tendencies to fly A LOT
Probably just depends on your level of addiction.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 7:50 pm

Yay.

Program to Date Miles 1,000,285

Hitting EXP next week.

Yay.

I had actually forgotten about the extra stickers, so those will come in handy.

Last edited by ilhooq; Oct 1, 2008 at 10:32 pm Reason: typo
Old Oct 5, 2008, 7:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold, Priority Club Platinum
Best flight of the year. 1665 DFW-SAN Oct 4.

After a couple of years wandering in the wilderness, I made it back to EXP and also made lifetime Platinum on the exact same flight. Didn't plan it that way, but it was nice to have both happen at the same time.

Hopefully the flights will post on Tuesday and the return flight will have me basking in the glory of EXP again. Boy I missed it! I never get those "I have 23 miles left to get EXP this year, is it worth it?" threads. Um, yes.

No, I don't post very often, but since the wife and friends were not dutifully impressed, I figured this was the one place I had a shot at someone thinking that my achievement on this flight was cool.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 7:50 am

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Red face

Originally Posted by BOSAAFlyer
Best flight of the year. 1665 DFW-SAN Oct 4.

After a couple of years wandering in the wilderness, I made it back to EXP and also made lifetime Platinum on the exact same flight. Didn't plan it that way, but it was nice to have both happen at the same time.

Hopefully the flights will post on Tuesday and the return flight will have me basking in the glory of EXP again. Boy I missed it! I never get those "I have 23 miles left to get EXP this year, is it worth it?" threads. Um, yes.

No, I don't post very often, but since the wife and friends were not dutifully impressed, I figured this was the one place I had a shot at someone thinking that my achievement on this flight was cool.

Congratulations!!! When I grow up, I want to be EXP....
Lisa
Old Oct 5, 2008, 9:25 am

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Originally Posted by ethang801
pssst! here's the secret... charge lots of things on your aa/citi credit card!
(i have as many miles from the card as from flying)
Old Oct 5, 2008, 10:57 am

Programs: AA - ExPlat 1MM Marriott - Platinum, Hertz - Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by billgrates3
pssst! here's the secret... charge lots of things on your aa/citi credit card! (but don't neglect paying the balance off every month)
(i have as many miles from the card as from flying)
Small edit.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 11:03 am

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
Originally Posted by BOSAAFlyer
...the wife and friends were not dutifully impressed, I figured this was the one place I had a shot at someone thinking that my achievement on this flight was cool
Well, you came to the right place! Congratulations. Having EXP will be great and the knowledge that you'll never fall below PLT (at least as long as AAdvantage survives) is pretty darn nice too!
Old Oct 6, 2008, 11:03 am

Programs: AA LTP, Bonvoy LTT,
After being Plat for about 10yrs straight, I finally make EXP this year and love it! Also made 2MM and Plat for life (of the program, I know), just got the new tags last week! Now if only AA would acquire AK, I'd be all set.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 8:07 pm

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
Originally Posted by Okijames
After being Plat for about 10yrs straight, I finally make EXP this year and love it! Also made 2MM and Plat for life (of the program, I know), just got the new tags last week! Now if only AA would acquire AK, I'd be all set.
Why on Earth would AA want to aquire AirAsia?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.