Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2015 Chances of Upgrade Clearing and Upgrade Availability Discussion (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 Chances of Upgrade Clearing and Upgrade Availability Discussion (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2015, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by danielvdm
When do miles + copay upgrades usually clear? AA136 is 50% full in J and I requested the upgrade/bought the ticket on Friday. It seems like it should be an easy upgrade, but I'm wondering why it hasn't cleared yet. My SFO->LAX segment cleared this morning (sticker upgrade).
There isn't any definitive time - its up to revenue mgmt. LAX-LHR has a lot of paid premium travelers who purchase very close to the departure date so its by no means an easy upgrade. If it clears, I wouldn't expect it to do so until about 24 hrs before departure at the earliest.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 12:37 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
When do miles + copay upgrades usually clear? AA136 is 50% full in J and I requested the upgrade/bought the ticket on Friday. It seems like it should be an easy upgrade, but I'm wondering why it hasn't cleared yet. My SFO->LAX segment cleared this morning (sticker upgrade).
Depending on where you are on the upgrade list, you will begin clearing about 3 days prior to departure.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 5:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
First time this happens to me:

I requested a complimentary upgrade as an EXP for a flight to PTY at the moment I purchase the ticket. A week later I check in at the airport and I don't see myself on the standby list... I ask at front desk in the AC and she manually put me on the list but I have almost the last place... Is it possible for the system to not add me automatically to the airport list or was my upgrade not processed at time of booking?

I checked on expert flyer the day I booked and there were 5 F seats. And I have always been upgraded on this segment, even as gold.

Tia
Old Mar 16, 2015, 11:33 am

Programs: Delta DM
Here's something weird that I noticed. I just went thru to the BA site to reserve my seat for my LHR->CPT leg and I noticed that BA showed my LAX-LHR leg in both economy and business (while my upgrade still hasn't cleared). Anyone know what this means?

Old Mar 16, 2015, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

danielvdm- I believe I have seen that when cleared, but need to call in and pay taxes.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 11:58 am

Here's something weird that I noticed. I just went thru to the BA site to reserve my seat for my LHR->CPT leg and I noticed that BA showed my LAX-LHR leg in both economy and business (while my upgrade still hasn't cleared). Anyone know what this means?
It's probably picking up the SWU waitlisted segment from your reservation, just like the waitlisted segment shows on aa.com/reservation/e-ticket.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 12:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sukn
It's probably picking up the SWU waitlisted segment from your reservation, just like the waitlisted segment shows on aa.com/reservation/e-ticket.
That's my thinking as well.

...AA136 is 50% full in J and I requested the upgrade/bought the ticket on Friday..
Seat-map upgrade calculation not accurate. Flight is J6 and and only 1 seat for sale in F.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC
That's my thinking as well.

Seat-map upgrade calculation not accurate. Flight is J6 and and only 1 seat for sale in F.
ExpertFlyer shows J as 38% empty for me.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 12:05 pm
Suspended

That's because you don't know how to use it.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by sukn
just like the waitlisted segment shows on aa.com/reservation/e-ticket.
This doesn't show for me on my AA account
Old Mar 16, 2015, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Believe it or not a lot of people don't select seats until checkin.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC
That's because you don't know how to use it.
I guess I have no idea what I'm doing then.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 12:19 pm

Just booked LAX->LHR for the 18th (March) and used miles+copay immediately. Phone agent said not instantly confirmable but business was only (currently) 1/2 full. What do my chances look like?
If indeed it was at 50% on the 13th, and is J6 now, it's probably an indication a bunch of upgrades started clearing three days out -- so I would assume most if not all EXPs have cleared the list. As PLT, it will now depend where you are on the pecking order. I wouldn't be surprised either way, if you did or didn't clear.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 12:25 pm
formerly gohima

I'm trying to do a mikes + copay for a red eye lax-jfk due to my new lowly status of gold. I called in to wait list and they said I should receive confirmation within 24 hours.

I received nothing and online it shows requested for the 500 mile upgrade but nothing for the upgrade award. Any way to confirm wait list status without calling?
Old Mar 16, 2015, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA Plat
^^ only way to confirm you are on the waitlist is to call. don't expect to clear prior to the 24 hour mark (and assume you won't clear if you haven't be then). you will probably clear though. i have never failed to clear a miles + copay on the transcon as a PLT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.